Re: Challenge tour 1

Post by Bruce Terrett »

ChrisW wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Atkins wins Event 3 (5-4)
Not that one.
Wigan Atkins. Still a good start to his PDC career.
Should he now be called just Martin Atkins, rather than Martin Atkins (Wigan), considering he's now achieved more than the other one in the PDC?!
Doesn't he have 't'other Martin Atkins' on his shirt.
Yes he does!
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

I´m not very firm about the rules, so could anybody explain to me, what the results of CT 1-4 mean for the UK Open qualifier next weekend? Who will be allowed to enter? Please be nice to clueless freshman :?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Challenge tour 1

Post by Skewball »

Rotwein wrote:I´m not very firm about the rules, so could anybody explain to me, what the results of CT 1-4 mean for the UK Open qualifier next weekend? Who will be allowed to enter? Please be nice to clueless freshman :?
Nothing
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I dont think they have any relevance. I thought the UK open qualifiers were based on the QS table.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Astonvilla wrote:I dont think they have any relevance. I thought the UK open qualifiers were based on the QS table.

Correct.

The top 106 in the final q-school table get the qualifiers spots

The 15 card winners and the next 91 in the table
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

Rotwein wrote:I´m not very firm about the rules, so could anybody explain to me, what the results of CT 1-4 mean for the UK Open qualifier next weekend? Who will be allowed to enter? Please be nice to clueless freshman :?
I think CT order of merit will be used to fill the Pro Tour events if/when needed?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

1 Simon Preston £2,400
2 Diogo Portela £2,350
3 Michael Barnard £2,300
4 Martin Atkins (Wigan) £2,250
5 Jason Cullen £2,000
6 Jarred Cole £1,400
7 Cameron Menzies £1,300
8 Mark Frost £900
9 Steven Kirkby £850
10 Peter Mitchell £800
11 Ben Burton £750
12 Colin Osborne £650
13 Jason Lowe £600
14 Tony O'Shea £600
15 Yordi Meeuwisse £550
16 Stuart Kellett £500
17 Rhys Griffin £500
18 Berry van Peer £500
19 Martin Lukeman £500
20 Matt Padgett £450
21 Andy Jenkins £400
22 Ricky Williams £400
23 Jamie Hughes £400
24 Jeff Smith £400
25 Robert Rickwood £400
26 Martyn Turner £350
27 John Bowles £350
28 David Pallett £350
29 Callum Loose £350
30 Andy Boulton £350
31 Dave Ladley £300
32 Steven Smith £300
33 Mark Walsh £300
34 Richie Corner £300
35 Callan Rydz £300
36 Rusty-Jake Rodriguez £300
37 Martin Bradbury £300
38 Bryn Suckley £300
39 Ryan Murray £250
40 Michael Rasztovits £250
1 Jon Jukes £250
42 Dave Prins £250
43 Richie Howson £250
44 Lee Evans £250
45 Thomas Lovely £250
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

Astonvilla wrote:I dont think they have any relevance. I thought the UK open qualifiers were based on the QS table.
So I made a mess of that, ok! Thank you. Did I get it now: Every tourcard-holder can enter the UK Open qualifier and those who have done well at QS? Which position in the QS OoM should be enough?
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

Garry Murphy wrote:

Correct.

Just saw this, thank you!
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Rotwein wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Correct.

Just saw this, thank you!
you are welcome
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Bruce Terrett wrote:
I think CT order of merit will be used to fill the Pro Tour events if/when needed?
The top 32 uk based players also have access to the euro qualifiers.

So for Any player that went to euro q-school won't be included in that
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: Challenge tour 1

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:Oche said the likes of O Shea, hughes, fitton, menzies, smith had "4 bad days" at q-school

no doubt the last 4 challenge tours were "bad days" as well.

It could not possibly be they are simply not good enough...oh no
Why are you letting this troll post?
Serious question BTW

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Given that big Tony made the semis today and Menzies made the final I would argue that allowing his posts go a long way to show level headed people just how off the mark his opinions are.
If making a final is a bad day then the 254 others in the field must have all had the day from hell and that shows how ridiculous his post was.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Chillireyes
The Ton Club

Post by Chillireyes »

wonder how far you will go down the CT list for the 1st two events of the PC??
SOUTH AMERICA'S & CHILE FIRST PROTOUR MARKER
2nd in The Unicorn 2014 World Grand Prix Prediction Game
2nd in The Unicorn 2015 UK Open Darts Prediction Game
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Chillireyes wrote:wonder how far you will go down the CT list for the 1st two events of the PC??
Will be interesting to see whether the abolishment of entry fees has a big effect on entries. But I suppose people will always have other obligations or illness to prevent them from participating.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

So Hughes, Menzies and O’shea Will get into all the Euro qualifiers at the start of the year.
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

Will the players still have to pre enter the players champ events before hand and anything after the cut off date will then go down to the CT top players on there OOM? Can still see many failing to enter even with a card.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Spud180 wrote:Will the players still have to pre enter the players champ events before hand and anything after the cut off date will then go down to the CT top players on there OOM? Can still see many failing to enter even with a card.
Yes it will work in exactly the same way, except they use a different list and there is no need to process refunds this time for those who dont make the cut
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: 2018 PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour

Post by ifm »

So i think i'd like to do (hopefully) mini reports on these.
I'd really struggled with some kind of virus combined with a back twinge or something during and since q school and had spent most of the week in bed.
I hadn't even thrown a dart until Thursday to help my back but as i had superleague i decided i'd see how that went before deciding on playing CT.
I lost 3-0 lol but played ok and no noticeable back issue though i had decided to miss CT as i wasn't feeling great at all.
So at 3 minutes to 2 on Friday i signed up, i literally tossed a coin in the end as i didn't want to go but feel it's the most important weekend as a good run puts you in the (free) pro tours for probably most of the year.
Annnnnnnnnyway.

Day 1
Comp 1

No bye for me (ever i think) so play Craig Quinn in the first game, he's a big Scotsman and as the standard is very high it was no surprise he could play, unfortunately for him he wasn't quite consistent enough and i won this 5-3.
Next up Matt Padgett and good grief this was annoying, missed multiple darts in 3 legs mostly tops and tens and that was it, lost 5-4 grrrr.

Comp 2

Nothing to report here, outclassed by Lee Evans 5-2 though i played ok i guess.

Day 2
Comp 3

First game on v Mark Frost who is obviously very accomplished in these, lost the bull, lost the first leg, missed 6 darts to level and that was pretty much it, i played pretty well actually but i was always 3 darts behind, i leave 32 he chips etc.

Comp 4

First game played a young lad Dean Forde who was great in spells but it was a scrappy game and i even gave him 3 darts to win but he missed, i hit 5-4 phew!
Second game was against Mark Lawrence who is a very solid player, again a very scrappy game with both playing some really good stuff in spells, pretty comfortable last leg against throw to pinch in though 5-4
Third game was v Simon Preston who won event 1 and has hit a 9er on CT in the past, i lost the bull (again) and a really good high quality game ensued, real close throughout and i managed to bugger it up on doubles in the decider (tops and 10's again), 5-4 and that was it, £50 though so at least i got something for my pain.

Need to work on the bull up (i don't think i've won it once), tops and tens for doubles, i really hate 10's, always have and it affects tops because i'm scared to leave them!
I seem to have forgotten all my little tricks to avoid leaving tops like going for bull on 74 etc. these help me massively usually but i guess hardly playing darts makes you forget.
My goal (lack of ambition i know) is to cover costs in these, i've done it every time previously but not played in a few years so who knows, i'm of the standard to do well but just need that little launch.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
pranu180
Brass Darts

Post by pranu180 »

Keep these coming mate. All the best.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

pranu180 wrote:Keep these coming mate. All the best.
I second that.

good read.

its interesting how we have doubled we don't like.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.