Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: Jacklin calls for equal pay in darts

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:They all ready have equal pay in the PDC. No physical reason there should be separate mens and womens tournaments, though admittedly the divide starts right at the bottom at pub level. Maybe the grass roots should look into all leagues being unisex from the bottom to the top, then hopefully the ladies should grow up playing a better standard.
It's not equal though is it, women cannot compete on the same level so it's irrelevant that they can enter, they can't win.
Why can they not compete to the same level?

I play in a mixed league and there are plenty women who play at the same level as the men,
Only a complete idiot would think at top level women would compete with men. Name one woman who could live with any of the top 5 men.. If they could don't you think they would of by now?
In order to progress one must play better opposition. There is absolutely no physical barrier preventing women from being as good as men at darts.

You are an old fashioned man mark.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:They all ready have equal pay in the PDC. No physical reason there should be separate mens and womens tournaments, though admittedly the divide starts right at the bottom at pub level. Maybe the grass roots should look into all leagues being unisex from the bottom to the top, then hopefully the ladies should grow up playing a better standard.
It's not equal though is it, women cannot compete on the same level so it's irrelevant that they can enter, they can't win.

I play in a mixed league and there are plenty women who play at the same level as the men,
Only a complete idiot would think at top level women would compete with men. Name one woman who could live with any of the top 5 men.. If they could don't you think they would of by now?
In order to progress one must play better opposition. There is absolutely no physical barrier preventing women from being as good as men at darts.

No not in this case..........plenty of opportunities for women to play with the men, many have done so in the past but none have excelled to date. There are physical barriers, that is beyond doubt.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote: It's not equal though is it, women cannot compete on the same level so it's irrelevant that they can enter, they can't win.

No not in this case..........plenty of opportunities for women to play with the men, many have done so in the past but none have excelled to date. There are physical barriers, that is beyond doubt.
What are these physical barriers you refer to?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Am I going to have to throw away my gazpacho when I read the next few posts?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote: Why can they not compete to the same level?

What are these physical barriers you refer to?
I'm sure Pauly Deta will be along presently to list them.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:Am I going to have to throw away my gazpacho when I read the next few posts?
Aye my wife cannot lecture at uni when she in on her dabs.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Men are better at "aiming" tasks where else woman are better at fine motor skills.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Josephine Hitchcock.
PMSL :DDD:
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

MancheStar wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-42604174

Could we see a huge increase in prize funds for the ladies darts???
More likely a huge drop in the men's funding in the BDO side.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Men are more accurate than women in aiming at targets in both near space and extrapersonal space.

Sykes Tottenham L1, Saucier DM, Elias LJ, Gutwin C.

Author information

Abstract

Men excel at motor tasks requiring aiming accuracy whereas women excel at different tasks requiring fine motor skill. However, these tasks are confounded with proximity to the body, as fine motor tasks are performed proximally and aiming tasks are directed at distal targets. As such, it is not known whether the male advantage on tasks requiring aiming accuracy is because men have better aim or is better in the proximal domain in which the task is usually presented. 18 men (M age = 20.6 yr., SD = 3.0) and 20 women (M age = 18.7 yr., SD = 0.9) performed 2 tasks of extrapersonal aiming accuracy (>2 m away), 2 tasks of aiming accuracy performed in near space (< 1 m from them), and a task of fine motor skill. Men outperformed women on both the extrapersonal aiming tasks, and women outperformed men on the task of fine motor skill. However, a male advantage was observed for one of the aiming tasks performed in near space, suggesting that the male advantage for aiming accuracy does not result from proximity
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Men are better at "aiming" tasks where else woman are better at fine motor skills.
A late-night trip to the urinal in our local bar would suggest otherwise. :)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

O C wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Men are better at "aiming" tasks where else woman are better at fine motor skills.
:grin:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

O C wrote:
Hey some of those glory holes can be tricky...... :IIII:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

O C wrote:
Hear, hear.