UK Open Qualifier Entries

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

Re: UK Open Qualifier Entries

Post by Maverick »

They used to do it by individual event I think but it was thought to advantage the players in events 5&6 above the others, plus it wasn’t to much of an issue with it being 96 plus ties, rather than make an announcement on the day they should have it on everybody’s entry receipt from each event, “in the event of a tie , players will be required at the end of event 6”

Everyone’s arse is then covered !
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
sammylad
Pub Champion

Post by sammylad »

DavidB wrote:Jamie Hughes, Pallett and Stevenson all straight into third round and seeded top 32 and none have tour cards :)
Stevenson retained his card this year
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I am sure he will be along later to acknowledge his mistake.
Big Jock Knew
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Some big names having to enter in the 2nd round, PL players past and present, and surprised Dimitri is way down in group 3.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
DavidB wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Kevin Painter
@OfficialKP180

Well an incredible 2 weekends of embarrassing defeats,piss poor not being able t qualify for the easiest event on the calendar!put the hard work in for the rewards? Bullshit praps it may work the opposite? No practice? Onto next weeeeek x

Painter also says the t20 is massive, again make of that what you will... :grin:
Strange he only had a tournament average of only 86.5 on these "massive" trebles then?

Sour grapes much? Maybe time he accepts he can't cut it at the top anymore, he's been on the slide for a while now.
One of the few guys on the tour that Ive not heard one nice thing said about him
Nice guy, i've not heard a bad word said against him, very straight talking which is obviously why he's upset the "team".

Oooffftt!

That puts that myth to bed straight away.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

sammylad wrote:
DavidB wrote:Jamie Hughes, Pallett and Stevenson all straight into third round and seeded top 32 and none have tour cards :)
Stevenson retained his card this year

Many thanks, my bad! Knew he went to Q School but didn’t think he got through.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

How the feck does the treble being bigger mean you need more than talent now?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Its just a lottery now.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Booji Boy wrote:How the feck does the treble being bigger mean you need more than talent now?
I don't think he thought through what he was saying, a bit miffed he's slipping down the rankings? He peaked 2004 when he had the chance to beat Taylor. It's nothing to be ashamed of really, happens to most players in time with new generations coming through. His buddy Mardle jumped before he was forced out through the merit system.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Astonvilla wrote:Its just a lottery now.
Yeh he lost 6-0 to Steve Lennon who averaged 83 and 6-1 to Kirk Shepard averaging 88. Lottery?. :grin: Funnily enough he got closest to winning in the last 128 against the highest ranked player he faced in Thornton losing 6-5, so maybe that's his problem he's only up for the "bigger" players?, though the Thorn averaging 85 hardly sounds like he had to play too well. These sort of stats just back up the idea the boards having massive trebles?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Canuck_bully wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:How the feck does the treble being bigger mean you need more than talent now?
I don't think he thought through what he was saying, a bit miffed he's slipping down the rankings? He peaked 2004 when he had the chance to beat Taylor. It's nothing to be ashamed of really, happens to most players in time with new generations coming through. His buddy Mardle jumped before he was forced out through the merit system.
Didn't he win a ranking comp a couple of years ago?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
2011 Players Championship
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Bruce Terrett wrote:
ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
2011 Players Championship
Didn't realise it was so long ago.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
Says he won the "fun in the sun Alicante" in 2015, don't think that's a PDC event. 2011 was last time he won an event (his only TV title), 2006 appears to be his last victory on the tour. He did make the final of one of the Players Champs events last year, so glimmers of a top game still there but seems to have lost the consistency to do it on a regular basis. Haven't really seen him do anything on TV since 2014 when he made the Matchplay quarter finals, since then he has lost in the last 32/64 of his last 10 consecutive TV events. So yeh looks on the slide for sure. Not that he's still not a great player, would walk into the BDO World Champ final I'm sure (if he was in the opposite half to Durrant). :CCDD: :DDDC:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

LOL

Madsocks
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

ifm wrote:LOL
I was joking with the last line. Actually always a bit sad to see a former big name player gradually slip out of the reckoning but to start blaming the boards seems a stretch. I was rooting for him in 2004 still can't believe he didn't beat Taylor that day.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

First Round draw.
Attachments
IMG_20180212_172521.jpg
IMG_20180212_172521.jpg (489.88 KiB) Viewed 648 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Nicholson vs Terry Jenkins stand out tie for me.

And Maverick has drawn Cody Harris.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Gonna enjoy myself and see how it goes, if I prepare properly i’ve got a chance.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Van de Pas v Reyes is a good match.......if Benito can start throwing like he used to that is...