Durrant Parts With Mac

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Durrant Parts With Mac

Post by Ginge »

Astonvilla wrote:I thought the man that changed his darting life was the one that wrote the BDO contract.
:D
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Durrant Parts With Mac

Post by ifm »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Placeholder for Ifm to say he knew about this months ago ;-)
Someone else has left too ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep. Signed with a mate of mine.
Wrong one i think, are you talking about Will BTW?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

No not Will.

Mark.
UKDA 4 Life
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

It was going to happen, didnt he promise Mac he would join the PDC in 2018 after decidnig against it in 2017?

I honestly think Duzza never actually wanted to join the PDC, or at the very least he was scared of failing at Qschool or on tour. His ultimatum was heavily stacked in his favour, yes he got taken all the way by Williams but he was a cut above any other player in the BDO and there was little chance of him going out before the Quarters unless he threw his game. His BDO for Life comments just seemed like a weight off his shoulder. You can say he had the potential to earn a lot in the PDC but hes earnt 200k from 2 tournaments in 12 months and unless he dropes massively I dont see anyone challenging him next year.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

That 200k does represent two years WC money not 12 months. And he wont be making much for the next 9 months will he.

I do agree with the rest though about him not really wanting to join the PDC.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Astonvilla wrote:That 200k does represent two years WC money not 12 months. And he wont be making much for the next 9 months will he.

In the two year period ending with this year's Lakeside he made 300k. Out of interest, how much extra will he have made at exbos for being BDO World Champ?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:That 200k does represent two years WC money not 12 months. And he wont be making much for the next 9 months will he.

In the two year period ending with this year's Lakeside he made 300k. Out of interest, how much extra will he have made at exbos for being BDO World Champ?
Half priced Carlsberg and a free hot dog wasn't it ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Addicks Fan wrote:

Around £1k per week i'd say, add on sponsorship etc and he does ok.
Obviously he'd make more if he switched as a top 5 PDC player but hey ho.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Yes thats a big if though isnt it. If say more realistically he switched and reached 15 or 16 then he might not be that much better off.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Astonvilla wrote:Yes thats a big if though isnt it. If say more realistically he switched and reached 15 or 16 then he might not be that much better off.
Plus if he took a couple of poundings his form could do the same as Webster's did and just disappear. The guy needs to do what is right for him, simples.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Ive changed my mind and now think he is right. After watching lakeside this time I cant see him in the top 10 in the PDC but he is still a league above the rest of the BDO which continues to weaken. It can backfire with 1 bad day at the WC but on balance he is likely to win that and the Masters over
the next 12 months (unless Ratajski has another go).
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

He will be PDC at some point i dont buy this BDO for life at some point he will have a change of heart, the PDC could provide him financial security for life surely he has to give it a go, he could always revert back if it isnt for him as some do.
Minty26
Brass Darts

Post by Minty26 »

With this statement it really does sound like he will stay with the BDO for life.
I think he enjoyed the 'Woflie' like reception he received this year at Lakeside and that swayed him.
Have to say I am disappointed as I think he would be top 10 in the PDC.
But in another way the BDO would look really bleak without him , makes Lakeside 2019 a lot more watchable.

Still hoping he has a change of heart and moves to the PDC as a 3 time WC but can't see how it happens at this stage.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Somebody has to hoover up the last few big paydays the BDO will be able to produce before it all goes kaboom, might as well be Durrant.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Zeyes wrote:Somebody has to hoover up the last few big paydays the BDO will be able to produce before it all goes kaboom, might as well be Durrant.
Spot on. Of course they may yet turn it around and prize money may increase year on year. Then again they might not.

saying that the bdo (and the present board) do have a knack of surviving.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Hoover up 100K. Some people really do live in a dream world.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

devosteve wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Somebody has to hoover up the last few big paydays the BDO will be able to produce before it all goes kaboom, might as well be Durrant.
Spot on. Of course they may yet turn it around and prize money may increase year on year. Then again they might not.

saying that the bdo (and the present board) do have a knack of surviving.
Like cockroaches
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Durrant Parts With Mac

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:Hoover up 100K. Some people really do live in a dream world.
Just idiots mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Everyone's an idiot to you.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

To be fair Durrant wouldn't just hoover up 100k...sure he'd be big favourite to win it..but he'd have to work for it and play very well...
Remember that although he's won the last 2 he survived match darts to lose to Hogan and match darts to.lose to McGeeney...he came from the dead to beat Williams..so we could easily be saying he hadn't been world champion at all yet.....those are the fine margins ..players next year might not miss a winning double..he might not come back from way back so being the best doesn't always mean you're guaranteed to win the event