Durrant Parts With Mac

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: Durrant Parts With Mac

Post by Skewball »

I don't think he will win it next year. I just can't see him being quite so focused and determined - which is what dragged him through this time.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote:I don't think he will win it next year. I just can't see him being quite so focused and determined - which is what dragged him through this time.
Becoming a three time world champion. Nah wouldn't get me out of bed.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I think he will try a little harder than what your suggesting. I just can't see him quite getting over the line next time. But it's only an opinion.

Oh, you were being sarcastic. Who would have thought.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

trotter wrote:To be fair Durrant wouldn't just hoover up 100k...sure he'd be big favourite to win it..but he'd have to work for it and play very well...
Remember that although he's won the last 2 he survived match darts to lose to Hogan and match darts to.lose to McGeeney...he came from the dead to beat Williams..so we could easily be saying he hadn't been world champion at all yet.....those are the fine margins ..players next year might not miss a winning double..he might not come back from way back so being the best doesn't always mean you're guaranteed to win the event
Fair point but he has won the last two and with some of his biggest rivals switching he has to fancy a third.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Its hard to see Durrant playing as bad as he did against McGeeney again and to be fair if he does its pointless him going to the PDC anyway. Someone new could of course appear like Cross did but its unlikely. His biggest rival for the 100k next year is likely to be Waites.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

obviously it's not a certainty he will walk away with £100,000. if it was we would all bet our life savings on him winning!

But its obvious to most that he has a better chance of winning lakeside than winning Ally Pally (or making the final).

All seems a bit strange this. maybe something in the background or family situation.

A nice guy though. Wish him well.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Astonvilla wrote:Its hard to see Durrant playing as bad as he did against McGeeney again and to be fair if he does its pointless him going to the PDC anyway. Someone new could of course appear like Cross did but its unlikely. His biggest rival for the 100k next year is likely to be Waites.
Mitchell for me - played very well at Lakeside, just unlucky to play someone at the top of his game in two successive rounds
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

devosteve wrote:obviously it's not a certainty he will walk away with £100,000. if it was we would all bet our life savings on him winning!

But its obvious to most that he has a better chance of winning lakeside than winning Ally Pally (or making the final).

All seems a bit strange this. maybe something in the background or family situation.

Not a hope in hell of this happening.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
devosteve wrote:obviously it's not a certainty he will walk away with £100,000. if it was we would all bet our life savings on him winning!

A bit like not a hope in hell of that Rob Cross fella winning?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:I just hope we see him on TV. BDO Should use him to their advantage

Still makes a lot of money
:DDD: :DDD:

When have they ever done this successfully ffs.

A few years ago they had two very marketable World Champions and they did absolutele fek all.

Think the only time they ever did any promotion of their champions was when it was Adams and Trina, and attempted a nationwide exbo tour which was cancelled before a single dart was thrown due to poor ticket sales.

They had the ideal chance when Ana and Webby won the Lakeside. Both young players, Both playing for Clwyd. They could have toured them around Wales to start with and then onto English events.

They missed a trick here (not for the first time) and then tried to do something with Martin & Trina that failed.
JFT97
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

:grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:I just hope we see him on TV. BDO Should use him to their advantage

Still makes a lot of money
:DDD: :DDD:

When have they ever done this successfully ffs.

A few years ago they had two very marketable World Champions and they did absolutele fek all.

Think the only time they ever did any promotion of their champions was when it was Adams and Trina, and attempted a nationwide exbo tour which was cancelled before a single dart was thrown due to poor ticket sales.

They had the ideal chance when Ana and Webby won the Lakeside. Both young players, Both playing for Clwyd. They could have toured them around Wales to start with and then onto English events.

They missed a trick here (not for the first time) and then tried to do something with Martin & Trina that failed.
Ana and Webby were the two I was on about ;)
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Rob Cross is a much better player than Glen. Rob is getting used to playing with the big boys every week, beating them as well, not County jobbers and people at a holiday camp for a weekend on the piss. Not at any point have I ever been anything other than complimentary about Cross. After seeing him play at Hayling the other year, I knew he would be a top star in the PDC. Just the speed of how he has done it is what has been remarkable.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Rob Cross is a much better player than Glen. Rob is getting used to playing with the big boys every week, beating them as well, not County Superior Men's and people at a holiday camp for a weekend on the piss. Not at any point have I ever been anything other than complimentary about Cross. After seeing him play at Hayling the other year, I knew he would be a top star in the PDC. Just the speed of how he has done it is what has been remarkable.
I stopped reading after that
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Rob Cross is a much better player than Glen. Rob is getting used to playing with the big boys every week, beating them as well, not County Superior Men's and people at a holiday camp for a weekend on the piss. Not at any point have I ever been anything other than complimentary about Cross. After seeing him play at Hayling the other year, I knew he would be a top star in the PDC. Just the speed of how he has done it is what has been remarkable.
The stats show he was a better player than Durrant for the last 12 months. Previous to that obviously not.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Wise
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Durrant Parts With Mac

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

BlueSpark wrote:Everyone's an idiot bar the Good Brothers.
True.
UKDA 4 Life
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
Like you can read.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I listened to his interview on the Weekly Dartscast the week after he won Lakeside and he made a point that he’s got 30 years of pension behind him at work, is not the youngest guy, and confirmed it’s a massive risk to go full-time pro.

I don’t, for a second, understand how pensions work (mines all sorted for me) but if that’s at risk when potentially switching because he’d have to give his job up to put the time to practicing, then you can see his point. He’s not in his early 20s. If he fails in the PDC (and I don’t think he would), then what does he go back to. His job will likely be taken.

It’s easy to say he’ll make a mint, but he may have had a shocking 4 days at Q-school, just got a tour card and then lose form altogether. Look at Stephen Bunting’s second year.

I wanted Glen to go over, to show he could mix it with the big boys on a regular basis, but I can fully understand why he hasn't, and it's not as simple as just bottling it in my view.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

You didn't miss anything.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks