Scottish Open 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggs3355
International

Re: Scottish Open 2018

Post by foggs3355 »

:showbum:
ifm wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:How is worse £800 added on each and split fairer than current prize fund
There's an £1800 drop from first to second, may as well just lock the finalists in a room for 10 minutes to work out a deal.
There is a 3k difference at the England open 5k winner 2k runner up
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open 2018

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:How is worse £800 added on each and split fairer than current prize fund
There's an £1800 drop from first to second, may as well just lock the finalists in a room for 10 minutes to work out a deal.
Aye nowt wrong with the drop between the winner and RU, it's the drop after that....
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

foggs3355 wrote::showbum:
ifm wrote:
There is a 3k difference at the England open 5k winner 2k runner up
I bet there's a deal every time.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
I've said before i prefer the poker comp payouts when i used to play, goes on percentages, so say 40% winner, 28% runner up, 18% etc.
Much fairer and is a good template for all comps.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Aye nowt wrong with the drop between the winner and RU, it's the drop after that....
It's unfair and encourages deals so takes the pressure off the finalists, i've seen it loads of times, pedestrian finals because there's no massive benefit to winning.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

With such small sums what does it matter either way. Nobody is playing here for the money.
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Always a cracking weekend. I’ll be there from Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

I'm sure some people were upset (in a faux fashion I'm sure) when tales of Taylor and Preistley splitting pots in the early days of the WDC were told. Still happening?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Rarely happens in the ladies game .
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

hang the dj wrote:Always a cracking weekend. I’ll be there from Friday night

Friday is a nice warm up for the main event ! Her indoors playing with a pair of sweaties in the mixed event , or should I say one sweaty and aplastic sweaty .
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

Do you think you get more entries from a big winners cheque or from a good payout lower down the order.

I’ve always thought the winner shouldn’t take anymore than 30% of the total pot
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

markymark wrote:I'm sure some people were upset (in a faux fashion I'm sure) when tales of Taylor and Preistley splitting pots in the early days of the WDC were told. Still happening?
That was a traveling financial arrangement and happens all the time, for example a couple of Yorkshire players might want to travel at weekends to all the big opens each weekend, they will often split all winnings.
I'm talking about deals or savers, use the above example, you are in the final and it's £3k for the winner, £1200 RU.
Players agree a saver of £700, both are guaranteed £1900 regardless and the winner gets an extra £400 for the effort, happens all the time with these stupid headline first prizes.
I was at a comp in Leicestershire once that was £1000 guaranteed for first and the rest dependent on entries, second got £150 LOL

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

thecat wrote:Do you think you get more entries from a big winners cheque or from a good payout lower down the order.

I’ve always thought the winner shouldn’t take anymore than 30% of the total pot
Absolutely 100% believe that these silly top heavy payouts killed the local knockout scene, top heavy prizes attract a small handful of the better players but ignore the majority who know they can't realistically win but go for the experience and the day out, if they pick up a few quid they are more likely to keep going even if it's less than entry fee.
At one point you could find a £500 winner comp every weekend in the midlands, now there are none at all.
I've seen comps go from 100+ entrants to less than 20 and the comments are always the same, "no point if you can't win anything", "what's the point if i am going to get battered by xxxx in the first round everytime".

Madsocks
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

WCDPA wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Ladies 16 seeds that 1 extra entry ensured that only 8 seeds if 128 , good news for top 8 as takes some potential dangerous players out of the market .

How many of the ladies will be getting their ya ya's out in front of the attending children?
Probably about 0.128% recurring !
I like those odds.

I'm in!
UKDA 4 Life
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

WCDPA wrote:

Friday is a nice warm up for the main event ! Her indoors playing with a pair of sweaties in the mixed event , or should I say one sweaty and aplastic sweaty .
See you tomorrow night where I’ll bore you about how outstanding Celtic were tonight.

First drink on you

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

hang the dj wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

See you tomorrow night where I’ll bore you about how outstanding Celtic were tonight.

First drink on you

look forward to it and I could prattle on about Deta winning the Dutch lol
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wes Newton, Lorraine Winstanley and Jonathon Worsley win the mixed triples.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote:Wes Newton, Lorraine Winstanley and Jonathon Worsley win the mixed triples.
Or Beauty and the Beasts as they are called on the scoresheet :) Good start to Newton's BDO career
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

And both he and Hamilton are through their first match
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from Andy Hamilton.

Loved today but gutted to lose the board final 3-1 against Andy Boulton, but pleased to get a few wins under my belt, my first ever @BDOdarts event so it’s all a learning curve for me #everydayisaschoolday! Time to prep for the UK Open now #Hammertime

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Yes, playing darts is a learning curve lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madsocks