Re: BDO World Trophy Qualification Race

Post by daveboygreen »

BlueSpark wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Ginge being wonderful again

One day he will be found
Did that bird the df lads all paid to snog you think you were wonderful?
What's all this then :grin:
df meet up...Oche pictured snogging some tart that the df lads paid for
Was she desperate?
Must have been, I heard Darty handed over the entire df funds which totaled £11.50 for her services, Just hope it was happy hour and the poor lass managed to get at least 3 strong drinks to take the taste of Oche out of her gob afterwards
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO World Trophy Qualification Race

Post by Ginge »

foggs3355 wrote:Will prize money be same as last year 8k 4K 2k 1.5k 750 500 pot 35k

I think it will be same but I like to see slight increase

If any sponsors found this is possible 12.000 7000 3500 2000 1000 500 total 50k I cant see being the 80k When it was 1st held
The prize money was on the flyer. Read back.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:Will prize money be same as last year 8k 4K 2k 1.5k 750 500 pot 35k

I think it will be same but I like to see slight increase

If any sponsors found this is possible 12.000 7000 3500 2000 1000 500 total 50k I cant see being the 80k When it was 1st held
The prize money was on the flyer. Read back.
flyerbdowt2018b.jpg
flyerbdowt2018b.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 763 times
Here you go foggs.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The tickets must be flying out of the door.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:The tickets must be flying out of the door.
they surely have to be....its a "major"
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Garry Murphy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:The tickets must be flying out of the door.
they surely have to be....its a "major"
I see the Guild Hall FB page is pushing the event this morning....oh....

Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

seems tinky winky > a bdo major
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The reviews are interesting.
Poor bar service, no security in the venue. People even openly taking drugs in the venue during one recent sporting event apparently.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

"2 wines and a lager, hardly any change from £20"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:"2 wines and a lager, hardly any change from £20"
Just take your own in like people did in Barry. Could see tins of Asda own brand lager on the front tables on the final day :D
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

BlueSpark wrote:The reviews are interesting.
Poor bar service, no security in the venue. People even openly taking drugs in the venue during one recent sporting event apparently.
so the bdo were there before then ?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

LOL tripadvisor now #obsessed
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Dreadful Food
Attended an awards event on behalf of my Company in the Grand Hall. The food was absolutely dire. Cold chicken breast and virtually raw vegetables followed by a meringue which smelled weird and was inedible. Dreadful.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

WOW WHAT A LET DOWN
Firstly this is a review about the venue NOT about the snooker...My partner & I attended the second round of the snooker yesterday....
We booked tickets separately but decided to take advantage of the £3 car park...Please note there was no facility to print the car park ticket off so it had to be picked up at the box office. Right this is where it gets daft....Using the sat nav it took up on a mystery tour of Preston, as I think the car park has a different post code to the tickets...Anyway head for the holiday inn...Once we got nearby I phoned the box office who gave us a clue how to enter the car park which is above the bus station...

Right, once in the car park you can only use level 8-9 for some silly reason even though there were spaces below.....Once at level 2 get your passenger to alight the vehicle and go and find the box office....This is where we enter the crystal maze phase....Walk to the end of the car park, walk along some glass walkway then down a slope.Turn right and make for the escalator ..Down the escalator and walk back on yourself .There is the booth or box office as some call it....Get your car park ticket and reverse what you have done..Once back at level 2 get in the lift to level 8 or 9...These are outdoor spaces......And its high up.
DO NOT LEAVE YOU VEHICLE UNATTENDED WHEN GOING FOR YOUR TICKET.....Not sure what would happen if you are visiting a show alone.....Something about wardens prowling.....

Anyway, as noon approached we were allowed in to an ante room which had 2 bars and adequate seating.....
I asked security what time we would be allowed into the actual hall...There was a bit of head scratching then the answer was 1230 ish.....
Well as 1230 approached people were hanging round the entrance to the hall like battle smoke...Then on a Butlins type tannoy the announcer in a local accent said the place was open...As the doors opened it was like Harrods on Boxing day...The security stood aside and the throng of people rushed to get their seats..It was difficult not to get dragged along with the maddening hoard....After scaling the stairs we found some seats in the hall...This blind panic was basically caused by not having pre ordained seat numbers when purchasing tickets....

Once settled I decided to return to the ante room for 2 coffees...En route I enquired about using the toilet if the game was still in progress......I was given questionable advice so my advice to you is hold it until there is a break...Once the coffee had been purchased I made a reasonable request for lids ...."Sorry no lids"....So I had to walk through two sets of doors plus a set of stairs with two piping hot cups of coffee, hoping not to spilling the magma liquid.....A security operative was leaning on the stairs finishing a call on a cell phone......They could have opened the door for me....Hey ho........

Once the matches had concluded we retraced our way back to our vehicle....The best part of this process was the A6 back to the motorway....If you feel the need to attend this 1970 style building I advise you go by train....But not if you live on the Preston - Blackpool route as its buses.....

There is building work going on in the bus station and SIS trucks at the front for the television
One thing I would do as a matter of urgency, is get some lids for the cups as this is begging a complaint at some point.
All in all a challenging afternoon.

I bet this was a shining light in the 70s but tired and dated now.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
Little Lonely Garry
International

sounds like the ideal bdo venue
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The guy is bring a bit too harsh imo. The hall doesn't have a car park. It is on the bus station but there is a connecting tunnel. £3 is good parking price, so what if only on top levels. Sat nav the station and it takes you right in.

The ante room (foyer) is were I saw the Skids. Funny little venue. I didn't realise it was just the.foyer to the main hall. Security was on. Beer was what you expect at.that kind of venue.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I don't take much notice of most reviews, Lakeside gets terrible reviews but I found it to be great, yes very dated but the staff were friendly and the food was ok.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I won't be going if the security don't open doors for me.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Fair warning, anyone who can't park a fucking car in a fucking car park should avoid.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

BlueSpark wrote:The reviews are interesting.
Went to a concert there last year. Prices as you'd expect in a venue, but agree on the security. Useless.