Already got one bud - Thanks for offering -

Robson
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: DartPlayers Australia 2018

Post by The Jolly Man »

Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:There are no prospects in the PDC.
no no no.

The PDC are the same 8 players we were told.

Look at the Euro tour tonight, Taylor, Ando, Lewis,MVG, Wade, Wright, Barney....oh wait :DDD:
Bit of balance Mr Murphy - The PDC are doing a good job - They have most of the worlds best players - But on the PDCs TV events - You will only see the same 8 players most of the time - Look at the Premier League and World Series - Might be different on the Euro Tour - But no one watches it - Lakeside was great this year because the games were close and there was plenty of new faces we havent seen a million times before - Thats what darts should be in my opinion - Know what I mean -

Robson
Darts should be on tv only a couple of times a year?

PL has 10 players not 8
WSOD will have 16 different players representing the PDC top 8

28 different players played in ranked majors in 2017. There were 56 QF spots

You need to start watching some darts mate!
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
no no no.

Look at the Euro tour tonight, Taylor, Ando, Lewis,MVG, Wade, Wright, Barney....oh wait :DDD:
Bit of balance Mr Murphy - The PDC are doing a good job - They have most of the worlds best players - But on the PDCs TV events - You will only see the same 8 players most of the time - Look at the Premier League and World Series - Might be different on the Euro Tour - But no one watches it - Lakeside was great this year because the games were close and there was plenty of new faces we havent seen a million times before - Thats what darts should be in my opinion - Know what I mean -

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

In WSOD events the seeds are mostly PL players with 2 fresh faces getting wildcards bud - The local players get beat on the first night - No competitive games and the semis end up just being the PL players - Its boring - I like the World Cup UK Open and Matchplay - But a lot of PDC TV events involve MVG Wright Anderson Barney and now Gurney and Cross - Not for me -

Robson
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Has ifm changed name?
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Just to make something clear for the last time - Im not IFM or Durrent - IFM was a anti PDC troll and a bad one at that - I like darts in both codes - Sorry for derailing the thread -

Robson
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
no no no.

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

In WSOD events the seeds are mostly PL players with 2 fresh faces getting wildcards bud - The local players get beat on the first night - No competitive games and the semis end up just being the PL players - Its boring - I like the World Cup UK Open and Matchplay - But a lot of PDC TV events involve MVG Wright Anderson Barney and now Gurney and Cross - Not for me -

Robson
With regards the WSOD I refer you to 2017. The Auckland Masters, Melbourne Masters and US Masters.

I would suggest that sport is something you should stop following if the same people/teams always featuring in the top events is not for you.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote: no no no.

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

Robson
With regards the WSOD I refer you to 2017. The Auckland Masters, Melbourne Masters and US Masters.

I would suggest that sport is something you should stop following if the same people/teams always featuring in the top events is not for you.
If I get bored of Premier League football - I can watch the Spanish league - Or Lower League games - Theres nothing better than playoff football in the Championship and other lower league divisions - Same with darts a lot of the time - Give me a good close county game over a predictable MVG vs Wright final - But theres no BDO on TV - So all we get is PDC darts - PDC darts is often very good - But it gets a bit boring and predictable - Thats all I am saying bud -

Robson
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote: Bit of balance Mr Murphy - The PDC are doing a good job - They have most of the worlds best players - But on the PDCs TV events - You will only see the same 8 players most of the time - Look at the Premier League and World Series - Might be different on the Euro Tour - But no one watches it - Lakeside was great this year because the games were close and there was plenty of new faces we havent seen a million times before - Thats what darts should be in my opinion - Know what I mean -

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

Robson

If I get bored of Premier League football - I can watch the Spanish league - Or Lower League games - Theres nothing better than playoff football in the Championship and other lower league divisions - Same with darts a lot of the time - Give me a good close county game over a predictable MVG vs Wright final - But theres no BDO on TV - So all we get is PDC darts - PDC darts is often very good - But it gets a bit boring and predictable - Thats all I am saying bud -

Robson
Speaking of boring and predictable......
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Darts should be on tv only a couple of times a year?

PL has 10 players not 8

Robson

Robson
No need for personal attacks bud - I know you are a school prefect - But you should be a bit more balanced - This is a darts discussion forum - Differences of opinions should be welcomed - If you like the Premier League and World Series - Then fine - Have a tall frosty one on me - But dont insult me for not doing so -

Robson
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Nibble.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote: In WSOD events the seeds are mostly PL players with 2 fresh faces getting wildcards bud - The local players get beat on the first night - No competitive games and the semis end up just being the PL players - Its boring - I like the World Cup UK Open and Matchplay - But a lot of PDC TV events involve MVG Wright Anderson Barney and now Gurney and Cross - Not for me -

Robson

Robson
No need for personal attacks bud - I know you are a school prefect - But you should be a bit more balanced - This is a darts discussion forum - Differences of opinions should be welcomed - If you like the Premier League and World Series - Then fine - Have a tall frosty one on me - But dont insult me for not doing so -

Robson
Your facade slipped when you said you would rather watch a County game, mate.
How's Darren Day getting on in the averages?
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

Robson

Robson
I made a mistake saying Darren Day - Hold my hand up to that - No facade bud - Whats wrong with liking county darts - Good close games a lot of the time - If I had it my way they would be on TV - I like the PDC - They have done a lot for the sport - But I dont have to like everything the produce - Doesnt make sense does it -

Robson
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: DartPlayers Australia 2018

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

Robson

Robson
He's 0.67 ahead of Jamie Theakston and 0.84 behind Bobby Davro.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:

Robson

Robson
I made a mistake saying Darren Day - Hold my hand up to that - No facade bud - Whats wrong with liking county darts - Good close games a lot of the time - If I had it my way they would be on TV - I like the PDC - They have done a lot for the sport - But I dont have to like everything the produce - Doesnt make sense does it -

Robson
I don't like everything they produce either.
Not by a long way.
But County games on TV-pffft
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Robson wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Robson

Robson
I don't like everything they produce either.
Not by a long way.
But County games on TV-pffft
My opinion bud - I know the BDO has problems getting on TV at the moment - But that doesnt mean that I dont want to see more of it - Same with county darts - We wont get more of it on TV - But I can wish for it - Just like I wish for a evening with Carol Vorderman -Know what I mean -

Robson
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
no no no.

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

you are wasting your time, he complains about too much darts on tv and moans about not enough bdo darts on tv.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Garry Murphy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
no no no.

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

you are wasting your time, he complains about too much darts on tv and moans about not enough bdo darts on tv.
Garry Murphy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
no no no.

Robson

PL has 10 players not 8

No Mr Murphy - I want a better variety of darts tournaments and players on my TV - Instead of just tournaments featuring the top 16 PDC players - I enjoy what the PDC has to offer - But I also enjoy Lakeside County Darts and Youth Darts - There should be a place for all of them on my TV -

Robson
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Don’t know if it got mentioned but Cadby went and won all 3 events last weekend. Think he hit a few mid to high 90 averages in the finals.

He is now top of the rankings so would be in line for Worlds qualification should he end up staying in Australia.

The Australian tour is still seeing fields of 64 and over which they have struggled to do in previous years.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

RAYMOND SMITH fired himself to the top of the DartPlayers Australia ProTour Order of Merit with a double win on the Harrows ProTour, while Gordon Glen Mathers also picked up a title.

A winner of two ProTour events already in 2018, Smith doubles his tally with impressive displays in the opening two days at the Hobart Australian Italian Club.

After overcoming Steve MacArthur to win Friday's final, Smith then defeated Lucas Cameron in the decider on Saturday to make it two out of two for the weekend.

Gordon Glen Mathers claimed his first ProTour title of the year in Sunday's event, seeing off Smith in the semi-finals before beating James Bailey in the final.

The next DPA Pro Tour weekend will be held in Brisbane at the Brook Hotel from September 7-9. For further details, visit www.dartplayersaustralia.com.

DPA Harrows Pro Tour
Event 13 - Friday June 15
Quarter-Finals
Raymond Smith 6-5 Mike Bonser
Chris Vasey 1-6 Tim Pusey
Steve Fitzpatrick 2-6 Ryan Lynch
Steve Powell 2-6 Steve MacArthur

Semi-Finals
Raymond Smith 6-2 Tim Pusey
Ryan Lynch 5-6 Steve MacArthur

Final
Raymond Smith 6-4 Steve MacArthur