Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:The ladies were only told they had played the wrong format much later after the game, by which time it was at the semi final stage.
Even bigger question should be why were some folk eliminated when they were not at control desk in time, yet others were allowed to play, and other times the onus was put on the players being asked "do you still want to play the player who was late?"

from real fanatics
You ain't that dumb.
Seems to be confirmed on BDOF that the ladies were told before the quarter finals started.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:The ladies were only told they had played the wrong format much later after the game, by which time it was at the semi final stage.
Even bigger question should be why were some folk eliminated when they were not at control desk in time, yet others were allowed to play, and other times the onus was put on the players being asked "do you still want to play the player who was late?"

from real fanatics
You ain't that dumb.
Seems to be confirmed on BDOF that the ladies were told before the quarter finals started.
Yes, once again confirming the OP is incorrect, still no apology though.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

You won't get an apology from Ginge. He was just passing on information he was spoon fed.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:You won't get an apology from Ginge. He was just passing on information he was spoon fed.
You alright?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

3 minutes :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:3 minutes :)
You are right though, you won't get any apology.
Big Jock Knew
Chef from Sweden
Brass Darts

Post by Chef from Sweden »

Is this a dartsforum or did I just visit the wrong website with people whining when having their period?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Chef from Sweden wrote:Is this a dartsforum or did I just visit the wrong website with people whining when having their period?
:DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Chef from Sweden wrote:Is this a dartsforum or did I just visit the wrong website with people whining when having their period?
:DDD:
Chris uses internal protection, he told me as much. I prefer towels.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

:grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ifm wrote:
:grin:
Not been posting much lately but knew when I pulled that trigger it would work.
Classic!
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Ok here is exactly what happened from someone who was there in the ladies section at the time. After result was given to desk as 3-1 it was pointed out that it should have been best of 7. The player who lost asked and other spectators around the control desk stated that they should go back and play the other legs which the winning player refused to do, this was within 5 minutes of the game being finished and long before the quarter final was played. When Ana won the quarter final the largest cheer of the day went up
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Offline wrote:Ok here is exactly what happened from someone who was there in the ladies section at the time. After result was given to desk as 3-1 it was pointed out that it should have been best of 7. The player who lost asked and other spectators around the control desk stated that they should go back and play the other legs which the winning player refused to do, this was within 5 minutes of the game being finished and long before the quarter final was played. When Ana won the quarter final the largest cheer of the day went up
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Offline wrote:Ok here is exactly what happened from someone who was there in the ladies section at the time. After result was given to desk as 3-1 it was pointed out that it should have been best of 7. The player who lost asked and other spectators around the control desk stated that they should go back and play the other legs which the winning player refused to do, this was within 5 minutes of the game being finished and long before the quarter final was played. When Ana won the quarter final the largest cheer of the day went up
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
No no no no i need to apologise!
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
No no no no i need to apologise!
This should be good.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

No you were spoon fed. :)
Last edited by ChrisW on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I can also quote properly.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

At least it kept Whinge quiet for a few days.
Though the problem now is 2 people back Whinge and 2 people contradict him, hmmmmm.

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The largest cheer of the day went up when Jacklin lost apparently.
Marvellous.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Based on your post being an accurate record of events, this would be my take on the situation. Presumably there was no official watching the match, so surely the onus is on the players to be aware of the format criteria for each match they play in. That being said, given the last 32 was the best of 5 and it was potentially a genuine error thinking the Last 16 had the same format, that can be excused.

However surely when the incorrect result was posted at the desk, the officials should have been absolutely insistent that the match was completed and should either, or both players refused they would be immediately disqualified.

To exacerbate their incompetence, or alternatively their lack of backbone, they posted the result as a 4-1 scoreline which was both inaccurate and as I am led to understand, a breach of the category rating within the BDO system.

As I am not completely au fait with the workings of a BDO ranking tournament, my take may not be wholly accurate, so would have no issue with being put right.

As an aside, if the player in question was in any way related to a BDO Director, surely they should be extra careful to ensure their conduct was above board and should adopt a whiter than white approach to the rules.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner