Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:I suppose it depend whether before they played they were told first to three and/or if the referee called game shot and match when she won her third, if either of those happened then I don't blame her tbh.
Behave.
What?

If I were told by the ref beforehand that it was best of five and not told the change until after I'd hit the 'winning' dart then I think I'd be rightfully annoyed, that would break anyone's concentration.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:I suppose it depend whether before they played they were told first to three and/or if the referee called game shot and match when she won her third, if either of those happened then I don't blame her tbh.
Behave.
What?

If I were told by the ref beforehand that it was best of five and not told the change until after I'd hit the 'winning' dart then I think I'd be rightfully annoyed, that would break anyone's concentration.
So imagine if someone walked on stage at the Lakeside final, thought it was first to 6, won a 6th set and celebrated, in your scenario they would be perfectly fine to claim the match there and then :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Behave.
What?

So imagine if someone walked on stage at the Lakeside final, thought it was first to 6, won a 6th set and celebrated, in your scenario they would be perfectly fine to claim the match there and then :D
No read what I said, IF the ref had intimated that it were best of five and had called match dart at 3-1 then you would have every right to be annoyed and make the case that you have played and won what you were told to.
Ginge
International

Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Ginge »

That's a big if. Either way, it's the actions of a cretin.

Rules state L16 of an event of this category have to be BO7 at least.

No idea if "match dart" was called, either by accident or not.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:That's a big if. Either way, it's the actions of a cretin.
But who would be the cretin? the person who played and won what they were told to or the official who gave the players the wrong information.
I suppose we'll have to wait and see what really happened before you apologise to Mrs J ;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I won't be making any apology, in any case it's the actions of a cretin. Mistakes happen in life, you get on with it and play the match out. Assuming that's what happened of course.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Behave.
What?

Have to agree with Nick here, it's not very often that he's right but in this case using his scenario, he is.............

Nothing to see here........ another of Ginge's myths debunked...
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You assume his scenario is correct.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:You assume his scenario is correct.
It could be, therefore I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Doubt we will ever know.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Doubt we will ever know.
Then as per usual your thread is just idol gossip....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Darts Chat and Gossip"

*idle
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:"Darts Chat and Gossip"

*idle
No in your case it's idol, the amount you talk about the poor old girl gives me the impression you are in some way in awe of her......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Been watching reruns of a 2002 Channel 4 comedy show this morning in tribute to her.
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Even it that scenario it would take a cretin to react in that sort of way.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The ladies were only told they had played the wrong format much later after the game, by which time it was at the semi final stage.

Even bigger question should be why were some folk eliminated when they were not at control desk in time, yet others were allowed to play, and other times the onus was put on the players being asked "do you still want to play the player who was late?"

from real fanatics
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

TIL that random chalkers should get to override tournament rules if they're ignorant or just feel like it.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:The ladies were only told they had played the wrong format much later after the game, by which time it was at the semi final stage.

Even bigger question should be why were some folk eliminated when they were not at control desk in time, yet others were allowed to play, and other times the onus was put on the players being asked "do you still want to play the player who was late?"

from real fanatics
So Whinge is incorrect, WOW, those sources are absolutely brilliant again :DDD: :DDD:
Incoming apology no doubt.............
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hard luck, Ian. No apology. BO7 was the correct format...

Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Hard luck, Ian. No apology. BO7 was the correct format...
I think you'll find i was referring to the rest, that post on real fanatics contradicts what you said completely.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks