Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Ton Club

Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Offline »

Well if you are doubting the authenticity of my account I can tell you the game in question was played on board 6 the quarter final was played on board 5. The player beaten 3-1 was a retired Scottish international, that when Ana was 3-1 up in quarter final it was suggested from some one in the crowd that that should have been game over much to everyone's amusement. I know what went on as I saw it with my own eyes and heard everything that was said as I was only 6 feet away when the mistake was first mentioned
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

And these are the folk who are going to take over the running of the bdo! At least their cronies (and at least one prominent poster on here fits that description ) will be happy.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The players director position does not give them authority to overrule officials in charge at the control desk , if the officials are unsure of a decision they should contact the tournament director of the event to make a decision .
The players director would act on the request of a player or to point out an error of running of tournament , if mistakes are made at an event the organisers would be told of them and if repeated could lose their ranking status , the Scottish open is an SDA event not a BDO event .
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Offline wrote:Well if you are doubting the authenticity of my account I can tell you the game in question was played on board 6 the quarter final was played on board 5. The player beaten 3-1 was a retired Scottish international, that when Ana was 3-1 up in quarter final it was suggested from some one in the crowd that that should have been game over much to everyone's amusement. I know what went on as I saw it with my own eyes and heard everything that was said as I was only 6 feet away when the mistake was first mentioned
Did you hear the aforementioned players comments when the issue was pointed out?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

And these are the people going to be in charge of the bdo......

Thanks offline for clearing it up. Much appreciated :)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Offline wrote:Well if you are doubting the authenticity of my account I can tell you the game in question was played on board 6 the quarter final was played on board 5. The player beaten 3-1 was a retired Scottish international, that when Ana was 3-1 up in quarter final it was suggested from some one in the crowd that that should have been game over much to everyone's amusement. I know what went on as I saw it with my own eyes and heard everything that was said as I was only 6 feet away when the mistake was first mentioned
Do you not agree that the officials made the decision , and you fail to mention the retired Scottish international seemed ok with the decision , she certainly was when I spoke to her Sunday morning , I was in the room all day and informed the officials that last 16 should be best of 7 ( which was on control sheets) if this not enforced is fault of officials not players .
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

WCDPA wrote:
Do you not agree that the officials made the decision , and you fail to mention the retired Scottish international seemed ok with the decision , she certainly was when I spoke to her Sunday morning , I was in the room all day and informed the officials that last 16 should be best of 7 ( which was on control sheets) if this not enforced is fault of officials not players .
Oops!
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
Well at least offline has come on given their no nonsence version of events as a witness instead of you always deflecting, writing in code and talking around the subject rather than just telling us how it actually is.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

I am not doubting your account at all. My post merely contained the caveat that my comments were based on the accuracy of said account.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

ChrisW wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Oops!
The officials made no decision that was the problem they weren't even aware a mistake had been made until some one pointed it out, they just let things fizzle out and the retired Scottish International asked the winner on more than one occasion to play it out and was told she wouldn't. She wasn't ok with the decision at the time she was upset about it as she had played really well and it was a really close game although she lost 3-1, she thought she had a chance if it was played out. Despite a lot of people telling her she should take it further she didn't as that isn't in her nature unlike some others. I think most players would like to win fairly and the majority of players would be prepared to go back on board and play it out. The player in question with her experience of playing the circuit would have known it was best of 7. If the format was best of 7 then winning 3-1 is not a valid result and if the player refused to play out the game then in my opinion she should have been defaulted
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Offline wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Oops!
The officials made no decision that was the problem they weren't even aware a mistake had been made until some one pointed it out, they just let things fizzle out and the retired Scottish International asked the winner on more than one occasion to play it out and was told she wouldn't. She wasn't ok with the decision at the time she was upset about it as she had played really well and it was a really close game although she lost 3-1, she thought she had a chance if it was played out. Despite a lot of people telling her she should take it further she didn't as that isn't in her nature unlike some others. I think most players would like to win fairly and the majority of players would be prepared to go back on board and play it out. The player in question with her experience of playing the circuit would have known it was best of 7. If the format was best of 7 then winning 3-1 is not a valid result and if the player refused to play out the game then in my opinion she should have been defaulted
Lovely.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote:
Offline wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Oops!
Lovely.
Chubbly.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ChrisW wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Offline wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Oops!
Lovely.
Chubbly.
If they weren't aware a mistake had been made they obviously forgot the convo I had with them at about 10.55am before play started where I double checked with them that last 16 was best of 7 as previous year that wasn't on the control sheet and it was corrected ! So there was no deflecting on my part , the ladies on control made the mistake , it was clearly written on their sheets that last 16 was best of 7 , or are you saying I didn't confirm with control that last 16 was best of 7 , the control table was in the room that had boards 1-5 and a practice board , the match in question was played on board 6 which was in other room .
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Cant say I am surprised.

The BDO director , who in the past came on here and abused and threatened people, and claimed he never wanted to take over the bdo and proving himself a liar, married to a woman who thinks the rules dont apply to her.
I am sure the usual people on here who respond to the posters than the posts content will be out in force today to defend this .

I am looking forward to yet another year of infighting, back stabbing, threats, violence and abuse within the bdo , in keeping with previous years.
I will be sitting back and laughing , much like most people including uncle barry.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I can say from years of experience you don't always know the format, i usually ask during the practice darts if i remember or during a match if i'm unsure, the CAT system in the BDO is just another ugly mess though i doubt there is anything that can be improved at this time.
I do wonder what the rule is regarding the end of a match, we are often told that once a game is called that's it but i've seen extra legs played in the past and i've actually had an incorrect score in the first 3 darts corrected when i was about to throw at a double but equally i've seen both dismissed as against the rules.
I am the type to play on, let them change the score, wait an extra 10 minutes for a late opponent etc. though so i think refusing to complete a match is fundamentally wrong no matter who's mistake it was.
At the end of the day the player wasn't happy and the officials made the decision, it is they who are in the wrong not the player, it's her right to question it, if she refuses to accept the officials decision scratch her from the comp, simple.

Still unclear on the correct version though, Offline is adamant and Pauly was one of the two that disputed it originally.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

100% the officials call, and by Paula and Ana starting their match the officials must have made the call.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One of the players organises her own ranking event, to suggest she doesn't know what the playing rules are for a last 16 match is stupid.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Of course it is the officials decision at the end of the day, but it says a lot about a persons character in these situations.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Still say I'd not be happy to play on, both players thought it was best of 5 by the sounds of it and that's what they played. It's a cock up by the organisors for not making sure that they knew what they were playing to. I do agree though that once the officials say go back and play to four then is you refuse you should be scrubbed.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Scottish Open Last 16 Ladies

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Still say I'd not be happy to play on, both players thought it was best of 5 by the sounds of it and that's what they played. It's a cock up by the organisors for not making sure that they knew what they were playing to. I do agree though that once the officials say go back and play to four then is you refuse you should be scrubbed.
No no no no I need to apologise because no lady player didn't act like a spoilt brat. Or something.
Big Jock Knew