Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by ifm »

All those players saying representing their country is the pinnacle of sport are lying, every single one of them because a troll on a darts forum said so lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:All those players saying representing their country is the pinnacle of sport are lying, every single one of them because a troll on a darts forum said so lol

I don't remember you saying it?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:All those players saying representing their country is the pinnacle of sport are lying, every single one of them because a troll on a darts forum said so lol

I don't remember you saying it?
That is really poor even from you, bow your head in shame.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

trotter wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:I was school chess captain at the age of 11.

beat Nigel short (now a grand master).

If I played for England (ie an international player ) I would have been so proud.

But the pinnacle of chess isn't being an international player but being world champ.

Same with darts. This pinnacle argument only works with big nation players (like the Dutch and engand etc ). Those girls from Iran (the other year) will never better that even if they became world champions: really?

Does ifm really believe that a guy from Iceland playing for his nation is of greater value to that player than winning ally pally/lakeside?

A guy from the Faroe Islands would, if given the choice, play for his nation rather than win ally pally?

The guy is just trolling. Some sports (tennis ) are not about he international scene.

especially darts: with some folks playing in a social club with nearly zero folks willing to pay to watch.
Davis Cup?
Most big names opt out of Davis Cup regularly.....a Grand Slam win would be taken a million of times over a Davis Cup win.

My brother in law represented Australia in his sport...but his proudest moments were what he did himself like winning the national title...and earning money !!
Which sport?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

More traffic here about it than "elsewhere", but seriously, bar those involved, does anyone in the wider sporting world know this event is on, "pinnacle" or not.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It’s strange that the people who are mocking internationals are the very same people who haven’t been capped at any sport
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

West Brom are shite, am I allowed to say that given I have never played professional football? :D
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:West Brom are shite, am I allowed to say that given I have never played professional football? :D
:showbum:
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

BlueSpark wrote:Does chess have rival organisations like darts?
There was a split a good few years ago and there were rival world championships, Short and Kasparov broke away,I think that it has returned to a single champion now.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ecky Thump wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Does chess have rival organisations like darts?
There was a split a good few years ago and there were rival world championships, Short and Kasparov broke away,I think that it has returned to a single champion now.
Blood on the chess board.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:West Brom are shite, am I allowed to say that given I have never played professional football? :D
We are shite
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

trotter wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

If I played for England (ie an international player ) I would have been so proud.

But the pinnacle of chess isn't being an international player but being world champ.

Same with darts. This pinnacle argument only works with big nation players (like the Dutch and engand etc ). Those girls from Iran (the other year) will never better that even if they became world champions: really?

Does ifm really believe that a guy from Iceland playing for his nation is of greater value to that player than winning ally pally/lakeside?

A guy from the Faroe Islands would, if given the choice, play for his nation rather than win ally pally?

The guy is just trolling. Some sports (tennis ) are not about he international scene.

especially darts: with some folks playing in a social club with nearly zero folks willing to pay to watch.
Davis Cup?
Most big names opt out of Davis Cup regularly.....a Grand Slam win would be taken a million of times over a Davis Cup win.

My brother in law represented Australia in his sport...but his proudest moments were what he did himself like winning the national title...and earning money !!
Maybe but Davis Cup has massive worldwide coverage sponsors etc.
Different world financially.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ChrisW wrote:
trotter wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Davis Cup?

Maybe but Davis Cup has massive worldwide coverage sponsors etc.
Different world financially.
True..you cannot compare Davis Cup tennis to international team darts...it's in a different league....but the point is that in tennis every player would take a Grand Slam win over a Davis Cup appearance ....it's the same in virtually every single individual sport...team events are different...
That said if you are a good darts player that will never win Lakeside then playing for your country will probably be the pinnacle...and proudest moment....it would be a proud moment for any player ..but winning Lakeside would be prouder...
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:The pinnacle comments haven't come from (so called) trolls but from folks who have played at the international level and claim it is the pinnacle.

It clearly is not.

I interested in how many paying fans are in, who are not family or mates of th the players. Nearly zero or quite a good number?
I'm genuinely interested here Marvin, when you say playing for you country "clearly is not" the pinnacle, do you talk from personal experience?
I'd be mightily interested to hear your own story of international duty that you formed the opinion that actually flies in the face of pretty much every international of any sport in history, what happened to you when you were selected as an international to represent your country that made you decide that everyone else that followed you somehow should not be proud to wear that national shirt.
I'll tell you mine, I played chess for England schoolboys, it was the greatest and proudest achievement of my life and forgive me for saying that the likes of you will never take that feeling of immense pride away from me.

Twas the last time he had a Mate?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Davis Cup?

Davis cup ties.........since the ranking points were dropped, every major tennis star has played and won the Davis cup.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote: Davis cup ties.........since the ranking points were dropped, every major tennis star has played and won the Davis cup.
Every major tennis star has won the Davis Cup since 2016???
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote: Davis cup ties.........since the ranking points were dropped, every major tennis star has played and won the Davis cup.
Every major tennis star has won the Davis Cup since 2016???
What?

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I'm not explaining that and falling into your trap, it's rather self explanatory.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:I'm not explaining that and falling into your trap, it's rather self explanatory.
Not if you understand punctuation it's not.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nice try.
Big Jock Knew