Post by BlueSpark »

Wibble
nikkiboy
International

Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
IMG_0505.JPG
They should get players from Isle of Man, Brittany and Cornwall in this and make it a true Celtic tournament
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
IMG_0505.JPG
They should get players from Isle of Man, Brittany and Cornwall in this and make it a true Celtic tournament
Aye that would make it ultra competitive.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

And different.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0508.PNG
IMG_0508.PNG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 549 times
Blimey these ladies are skinny.
Attachments
IMG_0507.PNG
IMG_0507.PNG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 549 times
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I want to play on that stream
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:I want to play on that stream
You have a lot of work to do to reach the pinnacle mate.
Takes a lot of dedication and skill.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
So sad to see a mod denigrate the efforts and commitment of dart players on a dart forum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
So sad to see a mod denigrate the efforts and commitment of dart players on a dart forum.

It takes a lot of dedication and skill.
As I said above. It was not a joke.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The pinnacle comments haven't come from (so called) trolls but from folks who have played at the international level and claim it is the pinnacle.

It clearly is not.

I interested in how many paying fans are in, who are not family or mates of th the players. Nearly zero or quite a good number?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:The pinnacle comments haven't come from (so called) trolls but from folks who have played at the international level and claim it is the pinnacle.

It clearly is not.

I interested in how many paying fans are in, who are not family or mates of th the players. Nearly zero or quite a good number?
I'm genuinely interested here Marvin, when you say playing for you country "clearly is not" the pinnacle, do you talk from personal experience?
I'd be mightily interested to hear your own story of international duty that you formed the opinion that actually flies in the face of pretty much every international of any sport in history, what happened to you when you were selected as an international to represent your country that made you decide that everyone else that followed you somehow should not be proud to wear that national shirt.
I'll tell you mine, I played chess for England schoolboys, it was the greatest and proudest achievement of my life and forgive me for saying that the likes of you will never take that feeling of immense pride away from me.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:The pinnacle comments haven't come from (so called) trolls but from folks who have played at the international level and claim it is the pinnacle.

It clearly is not.

I'm genuinely interested here Marvin, when you say playing for you country "clearly is not" the pinnacle, do you talk from personal experience?
I'd be mightily interested to hear your own story of international duty that you formed the opinion that actually flies in the face of pretty much every international of any sport in history, what happened to you when you were selected as an international to represent your country that made you decide that everyone else that followed you somehow should not be proud to wear that national shirt.
I'll tell you mine, I played chess for England schoolboys, it was the greatest and proudest achievement of my life and forgive me for saying that the likes of you will never take that feeling of immense pride away from me.

Did you only play the once?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Celtic Challenge 24-25 Feb 2018

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:

It clearly is not.

Did you only play the once?
No

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Did you win a game?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0512.PNG
IMG_0512.PNG (231.82 KiB) Viewed 443 times
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I was school chess captain at the age of 11.

beat Nigel short (now a grand master).

If I played for England (ie an international player ) I would have been so proud.

But the pinnacle of chess isn't being an international player but being world champ.

Same with darts. This pinnacle argument only works with big nation players (like the Dutch and engand etc ). Those girls from Iran (the other year) will never better that even if they became world champions: really?

Does ifm really believe that a guy from Iceland playing for his nation is of greater value to that player than winning ally pally/lakeside?

A guy from the Faroe Islands would, if given the choice, play for his nation rather than win ally pally?

The guy is just trolling. Some sports (tennis ) are not about he international scene.

especially darts: with some folks playing in a social club with nearly zero folks willing to pay to watch.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Does chess have rival organisations like darts?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:I was school chess captain at the age of 11.

If I played for England (ie an international player ) I would have been so proud.

But the pinnacle of chess isn't being an international player but being world champ.

Same with darts. This pinnacle argument only works with big nation players (like the Dutch and engand etc ). Those girls from Iran (the other year) will never better that even if they became world champions: really?

Does ifm really believe that a guy from Iceland playing for his nation is of greater value to that player than winning ally pally/lakeside?

A guy from the Faroe Islands would, if given the choice, play for his nation rather than win ally pally?

The guy is just trolling. Some sports (tennis ) are not about he international scene.

especially darts: with some folks playing in a social club with nearly zero folks willing to pay to watch.
Davis Cup?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:I was school chess captain at the age of 11.

Davis Cup?
Most big names opt out of Davis Cup regularly.....a Grand Slam win would be taken a million of times over a Davis Cup win.

My brother in law represented Australia in his sport...but his proudest moments were what he did himself like winning the national title...and earning money !!
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Even if you'd consider playing for your country in the BDO/WDF system the pinnacle of your career, it would be playing the World Cup or Europe Cup. This farfetched format that doesn't include the two strongest darts nations in the world is a blip on the radar at best imho.