BDO Accounts y/e May 2017

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: BDO Accounts y/e May 2017

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:The BDO made a 15k loss in the financial period but deferred more losses into this year.
Odd how nobody has attacked this post. Bizarre, even.
It contradicts Skewey so............
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:The BDO made a 15k loss in the financial period but deferred more losses into this year.
I guess we dont know who he is thats why.
I would like to quiz him more as the £15k is not correct per the accounts that have been published. If he is taking a consolidated view of both set so accounts then he is still a little bit out. The second statement is interesting but without more details impossible to know more.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:This is going to be as fun as last years accounts miscounts I think :)
Skewey already contradicting himself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He's already feeding us misleading info, he doesn't know for sure what the BDO has received based on it's 2 year term TV deal, he can't view the Profit and Loss sheet, even a London taxi driver is schooling him now.........roll on tomorrow Skewy it's carpentry day.
Incorrect.

So a point of fact for you: You don't have to see the P&L to see the movement in 'Retained Earnings'. So we know for a FACT that BDO Enterprises suffered a £25k loss in its Retained Earnings. That is a FACT. No matter how you dress it up. That has been reported and audited. (which I know realise the accounts are actually Audited).
In the absence of share capital there is basically, realistically no where else that movement in retained earnings comes from (in the case of this Company) other than the 'Profit and Loss' (which itself would need defining as it doesn't exist anymore). It could in theory be a 'prior year movement' in reserves movement but that is very unlikely and would probably be disclosed anyway.

The issue about how much money from the two year deal has been received is separate. I am not going over that again, you either understand it or you don't. An Accountant will know exactly what I meant in the opening post. You cant account for all that money in the P&L in year one of a two year deal, so the balance would need to sit on the Balance Sheet. It doesn't appear to the case so hence why I am giving the BENEFIT of the DOUBT to BDO to say that have not received all the money., because IF they have accounted for it all in the P&L then the results are shocking - 2 years worth of CH4 money to pay for the WDT. I don't think that his the case. Its bad enough that one years of the money has been used.

Look, all joking aside, What I am saying is correct, it really is. I am just trying to be helpful and interpret the accounts. I am actually qualified in this area :)
So what you are saying is once they have received the second payment of their two year deal they will be well over 100K up on last year, thanks for admitting this could be a possibility.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
It contradicts Skewey so............
see my last post. It does indeed. It also contradicts the published accounts :) (but only by a few grand so hence why not much point challenging)
Last edited by Skewball on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:This is going to be as fun as last years accounts miscounts I think :)

He's already feeding us misleading info, he doesn't know for sure what the BDO has received based on it's 2 year term TV deal, he can't view the Profit and Loss sheet, even a London taxi driver is schooling him now.........roll on tomorrow Skewy it's carpentry day.
Incorrect.

So a point of fact for you: You don't have to see the P&L to see the movement in 'Retained Earnings'. So we know for a FACT that BDO Enterprises suffered a £25k loss in its Retained Earnings. That is a FACT. No matter how you dress it up. That has been reported and audited. (which I know realise the accounts are actually Audited).
In the absence of share capital there is basically, realistically no where else that movement in retained earnings comes from (in the case of this Company) other than the 'Profit and Loss' (which itself would need defining as it doesn't exist anymore). It could in theory be a 'prior year movement' in reserves movement but that is very unlikely and would probably be disclosed anyway.

The issue about how much money from the two year deal has been received is separate. I am not going over that again, you either understand it or you don't. An Accountant will know exactly what I meant in the opening post. You cant account for all that money in the P&L in year one of a two year deal, so the balance would need to sit on the Balance Sheet. It doesn't appear to the case so hence why I am giving the BENEFIT of the DOUBT to BDO to say that have not received all the money., because IF they have accounted for it all in the P&L then the results are shocking - 2 years worth of CH4 money to pay for the WDT. I don't think that his the case. Its bad enough that one years of the money has been used.

Look, all joking aside, What I am saying is correct, it really is. I am just trying to be helpful and interpret the accounts. I am actually qualified in this area :)
So what you are saying is once they have received the second payment of their two year deal they will be well over 100K up on last year, thanks for admitting this could be a possibility.
Yes, Spot on. And also the WDT is held just after the 2018 year end so if its all been accounted for correctly then this is exactly what could happen.
Your learning :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
And why does that matter? Attack the post, not the poster...
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Dissent klaxxon!!
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

see my prior answer, the amount is not worth challenging/getting excited about. BDO Enterprises Lost £25k that is a Fact. The BDO Ltd parent company gained £5k which is also a fact. So as I said, even by combining the accounts the loss is still not £15k.
The second bit is interesting but what is to attack?!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Incorrect.

Yes, Spot on. And also the WDT is held just after the 2018 year end so if its all been accounted for correctly then this is exactly what could happen.
On the contrary it would seem you are the one who's learning.........
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: He's already feeding us misleading info, he doesn't know for sure what the BDO has received based on it's 2 year term TV deal, he can't view the Profit and Loss sheet, even a London taxi driver is schooling him now.........roll on tomorrow Skewy it's carpentry day.
Incorrect.

On the contrary it would seem you are the one who's learning.........

nice try, but I said that in an earlier post :grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

If only we had a proper chartered accountant on here who could give us a true breakdown of the figures. all this guesswork is doing me head in.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:If only we had a proper chartered accountant on here who could give us a true breakdown of the figures. all this guesswork is doing me head in.
ho ho. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant so up yours :)
And the only way we will get a proper breakdown is if we had access to all the records which sadly we don't. But facts are facts and I've made it quite clear what a reported facts and what is conjecture.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I heard you can buy qualifications on the internet.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

The BDO accountant at work

Mrs McGinty
Steady Sixties

Post by Mrs McGinty »

Paddy McGinty wrote:I heard you can buy qualifications on the internet.
You met me on the internet, dearie! I think FarmingSluts.ie has shut down now though :bat:

Fond regards, Mrs McGinty
A former member of the Martin Adams Fan Club, until he became uncouth and broke my heart.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Mrs McGinty wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:I heard you can buy qualifications on the internet.
You met me on the internet, dearie! I think FarmingSluts.ie has shut down now though :bat:

Fond regards, Mrs McGinty
:DDD:
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
I would like to quiz him more as the £15k is not correct per the accounts that have been published. If he is taking a consolidated view of both set so accounts then he is still a little bit out. The second statement is interesting but without more details impossible to know more.
We all know who he is
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
We all know who he is
Yes. Has the Knowledge and Lakesideligger been seen together in the same room?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
We all know who he is
well I don't so your wrong there!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Canuck_bully wrote:The TSOD forensic accountant at work

Madsocks