The 2018 Unicorn UK Open Prediction Comp-Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
chateauman
Steady Sixties

Re: The 2018 Unicorn UK Open Prediction Comp-Homepage

Post by chateauman »

Ahhhh, what a shame. I play with 21 gram darts and am not an expert in all the different brands so...as you say I copied your entry of for mogul 21g. A bit sneaky putting in a bogus set that has tripped me up. I shall more diligent in the future.

Thanks for running the comp, it gave some extra interest.
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

dartsfan22 wrote:An idiot that was smart enough to gain more points than yourself you melt
Oh dear
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Well done sparky and unicorn for sending prizes to those who entered a dart code.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Unicorn offer the prizes as they sponsor the forum.
The idea with picking your set at the start is you send traffic to the Unicorn site, by actually looking at the darts in the catalogue. If only the winners looked at the catalogue at the end of the competition, hardly any traffic to the site would happen and Unicorn may stop the proses altogether. They have reduced the number of darts sets won in the PL comp in the last couple of years already.
It's not a lot to ask and was mentioned multiple times, as it is for every competition I run. I could not have made it more clearer.
As for voiding entries without the dart code, some posters do not want any anyway (Ginge frequently puts no dart code as he isn't bothered about winning any).
I am not second guessing if the winners want them or not, it's pretty simple. The prizes were given out as per the rules set out from the start.

I will not be running this next year, as I want to go anyway. I have spent about 10 hours trawling through the predictions and compiling the spreadsheet. Good luck to the person who runs it next time.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 2018 Unicorn UK Open Prediction Comp-Homepage

Post by Ginge »

rabsmith2 wrote:In a pervious prediction competition it was stated that darts could be chosen after competition in fairness,just saying ....
Well it wasn't for this one.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Congratulations to our winners 26Scored, Chambord, The Jolly Man and Black Velvet. :DDDD:

Thanks to Sparky for running the competition . I know it took a lot of time and effort. :DDDD:

And thanks to Unicorn for their continued support and prizes. :DDDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

I'm over the moon now, thank you very much. Thanks Neil for running the comp and Unicorn for the prizes.
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

Well done the winners and thanks to sparky for giving his time up to run the comp and Unicorn for the prizes, one day I will win :DDD:
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

Yep, thanks to the sponsors and Bluespark. Well done the winners. Comp fine print is there for a reason - teaches us all to be careful in the future!
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

But they didn’t win it did they ....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

dartsfan22 wrote:But they didn’t win it did they ....
Yes they did.

If Man City finish top of the league but it is then discovered they have fielded ineligible players all season, who wins the title?
Big Jock Knew
sammylad
Pub Champion

Post by sammylad »

BlueSpark wrote:
In addition, your entry needs to include a set of darts of your choosing from the Unicorn catalogue - (Click Here). Any player making an entry that does not include a valid product code will be INELIGIBLE for any prizes, including the Eclipse Pro.
If any of the top entries win a set of darts and none were specified in the appropriate prediction, the darts will revert to next in the overall standings at the end.
The rules look easy enough to follow? Well done to all the winners of the prizes
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

dartsfan22 wrote:But they didn’t win it did they ....
Get over it, you are ineligible for a prize it’s simple and in the rules, you cocked up so only yourself to blame nobody else’s fault.
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

Yet still got most points
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

dartsfan22 wrote:Yet still got most points
If Man City finish top of the league by 2 points but it is then discovered they have fielded ineligible players all season and therefore get a 3 point penalty, who wins the title?
Big Jock Knew
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Thank you BlueSpark for the time and effort put into organizing the comp and to Unicorn for the prizes.

If that's OK with BlueSpark and the admins, I'd like to give up my prize to dartsfan22 (but only if he promises to visit the Unicorn site everyday, for at least a month :) ). Yes, he made a mistake but seems to have learned his lesson now. He's the only one to have picked Anderson and Cadby while everyone alse was piling on MVG. Deserves something to show for that.

I'd be happy to accept the prizes I win by actually scoring the most points or so, and I'll give up the ones I get in random draws (as I did last year's PL) or by other's silly mistakes.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chambord wrote:Thank you BlueSpark for the time and effort put into organizing the comp and to Unicorn for the prizes.

If that's OK with BlueSpark and the admins, I'd like to give up my prize to dartsfan22 (but only if he promises to visit the Unicorn site everyday, for at least a month :) ). Yes, he made a mistake but seems to have learned his lesson now. He's the only one to have picked Anderson and Cadby while everyone alse was piling on MVG. Deserves something to show for that.

I'd be happy to accept the prizes I win by actually scoring the most points or so, and I'll give up the ones I get in random draws (as I did last year's PL) or by other's silly mistakes.
Dont pander to him, ffs!!!!
Big Jock Knew
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

dartsfan22 wrote:Yet still got most points
Indeed you did nobody’s disputing that are they, I bet you follow the rules in future comps should you enter.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Well done to all the winners, with correctly filled out entry details.
Thanks BlueSpark for(half) running the comp ;)
And thanks to Unicorn for the prizes and the beautifully detailed catalogue that they have online.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Sorry Blue - just seen your PM.