The 2018 Unicorn UK Open Prediction Comp-Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: The 2018 Unicorn UK Open Prediction Comp-Homepage

Post by BlueSpark »

Black Velvet wrote:Sorry Blue - just seen your PM.
No worries
Thanks for the details aswell
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

dartsfan22 wrote:Seems this site after all these years has still t it’s faves sad state of affairs but oh well I’m not seething I can go out tomorrow morning and buy any set of darts I want ....... I just know what’s fair and isn’t and when you win something that has not been voided you therefore should rightfully claim that prize
OMG

The rules are there and it takes two clicks of the mouse and 30 seconds to select your darts, if you are incapable of such intricate actions then just ask for help and we will oblige.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If Sparky buckles and accepts Chambord's offer then he is out of the team.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:If Sparky buckles and accepts Chambord's offer then he is out of the team.
All the more reason for him to do it then :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

If dartsfan22 had been less annoyed, less spouting of and behaved more like the other member CHATEAUMAN lost out for not selecting then I would understand someone donating their win.

If he gets his own way after spitiing his dummy out, throwing accusations round it will be a sad sad day.
Thinking of one.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

The Crusader wrote:If dartsfan22 had been less annoyed, less spouting of and behaved more like the other member CHATEAUMAN lost out for not selecting then I would understand someone donating their win.

If he gets his own way after spitiing his dummy out, throwing accusations round it will be a sad sad day.
+1
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Wow. This is getting a bit dramatic now. All I wanted to do was being honest with myself & all and give away something I didn't deserve to someone who did but happened to make a mistake not related to the competition itself. I did it irrespective of the subject's behavior on this thread or anywhere else outside the comp and didn't imagine this would trigger such a fuss.

As I said, it's up to the organizer and the folks running this place. If my offer is not accepted, I'll submit my address to receive the prize and that's it.
Kyeavfc
The Ton Club

Post by Kyeavfc »

Congratulations to the winners... and thanks to bluespark and the sponsors.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I just can't believe all the time and effort I put in to running these comps means nothing to some people.
No buckling from my point of view, the rules were followed, as they were set out from the start and Chambord was awarded his set of darts he rightfully won. Would have been the case whoever did it, so to say certain posters wouldn't have had the same thing done to them is bollocks.
Dartsfan had no issue choosing his darts in the Matchplay comp prediction I noticed, so there is no excuse. No one else had this issue and no one else has in the other comps i have run.
The UK open comp will not be done by me next year. May do the Worlds one but that will be decided nearer the time.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Chambord wrote:Wow. This is getting a bit dramatic now. All I wanted to do was being honest with myself & all and give away something I didn't deserve to someone who did but happened to make a mistake not related to the competition itself. I did it irrespective of the subject's behavior on this thread or anywhere else outside the comp and didn't imagine this would trigger such a fuss.

As I said, it's up to the organizer and the folks running this place. If my offer is not accepted, I'll submit my address to receive the prize and that's it.
Please do so, you won the darts as per the rules set out from the start. Multiple times in both threads the rules were made crystal clear. The template even had a space for you to select the darts to receive if you won.
Congratulations and I hope this doesn't deter you from entering other competitions.
Your offer hasn't gone unnoticed by the forum members and you deserve a lot of credit for it.
However if I give in then the rules become pointless.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:If Sparky buckles and accepts Chambord's offer then he is out of the team.
Don't worry he'll do whatever you tell him.........that's already been established.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

BlueSpark wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Sorry Blue - just seen your PM.
No worries
Thanks for the details aswell
No probs, thanks for your work on this.

Be nice to actually receive a prize for a change :D
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Hey looks like I can predict! Had a look before the bonuses and thought I had no chance of anything.

Thanks for running the comp
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

That escalated quickly , rules are there for the structure of the comp and to generate traffic to the sponsors website , without that traffic there would be no prizes .

Would like to thank Sparky for running this competition for the time and effort put in , would like to congratulate the highest eligible winning entries on their awesomeness and would also say I think the offer from Chambord was very graceful and I would applaud such action if dartsfan hadn’t spit his dummy so far out of his pram!!

I would also like to apologise for anyone that picked me in the comp as one point is a disgraceful return lol onwards and upwards!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Maverick wrote: I would also like to apologise for anyone that picked me in the comp as one point is a disgraceful return lol onwards and upwards!!
I'd have took that 1 point, for the competition, but alas I was cack again.

When's Reyes coming on here to apologise about his 0 points :grin:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Have now received details from all winners. Will send email to Unicorn tomorrow.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
chateauman
Steady Sixties

Post by chateauman »

The Crusader wrote:If dartsfan22 had been less annoyed, less spouting of and behaved more like the other member CHATEAUMAN lost out for not selecting then I would understand someone donating their win.

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I was lazy and just believed if the 21g darts on Bluesparks template we're good enough for him they would be good enough for me too. But that was wholely my error.

I feel for dartsfan22 but with the best intentions in the world, rules are there to keep things fair. In this instance, not just the competitors. In my opinion, foremost, it's about fairness to the sponsor, which I think everyone agrees, we are grateful for.

So, thanks to the sponsor, Bluespark and everyone else involved in running this comp. It is appreciated.

Finally, whilst I don't post that regularly, I thoroughly enjoy reading other people's opinions on things and long may it continue.
schuster
Steady Sixties

Post by schuster »

Some very poor posts from the winner of this competition.
This was even worse then the never stopping silly battles between BDO-PDC favorites on this forum.
I really love reading about darts because I try to follow it as close as possible here in Belgium but those ridiculous discussions I don't understand.

Nevertheless congrats to the winners en great thx to the organiser of this competition.
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

We all know how low this site has gone done the years im willing to accept the darts if that’s what the eligible person truly wants to but if the dictators of this site want to force others hands and make choices for them so be it I certainly won’t be entering further comps after this I think being a first time mistake you should let things slide but that isn’t up to me
copigme
Steady Sixties

Post by copigme »

Thank you bluespark and tsod for this competition.
Congrats to all the winners.