BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Post by devosteve »

Garry Murphy wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:so let me get this right.

The useless chairman and her director husband are now wasting what little money the bdo have in an effort to keep themselves in a job even if it is possibly illegal how they are going about it, in order to stop another useless person who has taken time off from posting flyers in cafes and taxi ranks becoming the chairman of the bdo so he can mess things up.

The current director is now trying to confuse its mostly illiterate membership with mumbo jumbo in the hope nothing changes.
And all the while Tommy Thompson is sat on a dossier of emails and evidence that will totally discredit the current board and have the membership up in arms but he chooses to keep this information secret, basically withholding it from his own members. He should be sacked.
and to think these people use phrases like "world pro" :DDD:
And use phrases like the world's elite. A statement that ifm declared (or defended) as fact!

This isn't going to end well for the bdo
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Wonder what Des did to get the Masters on Eurosport.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Has there been a new letter then? Is it in the public domain?

....please leave trolling at the door....
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:Has there been a new letter then? Is it in the public domain?

Maybe you should bring up the trolling thing at the morning meeting?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

devosteve wrote:Zero discussion on original fanatics as far as I can see.

real fanatics the must visit fb site.

And here of course!
What a debacle of a shambles Egertons Fanatics site has become.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tips on dealing with trolls :)
1 Make sure you're dealing with a troll. Sometimes, what appears to be a troll may just be a very stressed out person. Avoid getting heated yourself and try to ask kind questions or make kind suggestions before assuming the worst.
Always assume good faith initially. Keep your sense of humor. You may be able to joke them out of their misbehaving.
Consider ignoring them. Troll behavior directed at you will usually stop if you don't add fuel for them to play with.

2 Report the troll to a mod, administrator, or site owner. They will know how to deal with the troll and will know whether to ban. Or Just Leave.

3 Use the ignore option. If you want to ignore them, then you won't see any of the text they write!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:

Tips on dealing with trolls :)
1 Make sure you're dealing with a troll. Sometimes, what appears to be a troll may just be a very stressed out person. Avoid getting heated yourself and try to ask kind questions or make kind suggestions before assuming the worst.
Always assume good faith initially. Keep your sense of humor. You may be able to joke them out of their misbehaving.
Consider ignoring them. Troll behavior directed at you will usually stop if you don't add fuel for them to play with.

2 Report the troll to a mod, administrator, or site owner. They will know how to deal with the troll and will know whether to ban. Or Just Leave.

3 Use the ignore option. If you want to ignore them, then you won't see any of the text they write!
:grin: good advice.
I have 5 trolls on ignore at the moment. It is bliss, especially when I'm not reading/posting as much at the moment so just want to keep up with actual news :)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Knowledge wrote:

And here of course!
I wouldn't even wipe my arse on it..........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

And here of course!
I wouldn't even wipe my arse on it..........
I find it very useful to keep up with the latest additions to the flight collection of a particular member.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Right, so, having read the letter what it is saying is:

As the letter calling the EGM does not mention a vote of any kind, no vote can be taken on the status of the directors at the meeting.
Obviously this means they cannot be voted off if as is stated the meeting can only stick to what the stated agenda is.

Now, either Des needs to get another letter in and states there will be a vote of no confidence or of dismissal of directors and switch the date to 28 days from the date of that or go ahead as is and then have to do it from the date of the already arranged EGM.
This assumes the BDO "company law" lawyer is correct.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Seems reasonable.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

In other words, Des has fucked it up.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It would appear so.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

ifm wrote:Right, so, having read the letter what it is saying is:

As the letter calling the EGM does not mention a vote of any kind, no vote can be taken on the status of the directors at the meeting.
Obviously this means they cannot be voted off if as is stated the meeting can only stick to what the stated agenda is.

Now, either Des needs to get another letter in and states there will be a vote of no confidence or of dismissal of directors and switch the date to 28 days from the date of that or go ahead as is and then have to do it from the date of the already arranged EGM.
I thought the AGM directly followed the EGM so any voting would be done in the 2nd meeting following the outcome of discussions in the 1st meeting.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Knowledge wrote:
ifm wrote:Right, so, having read the letter what it is saying is:

I thought the AGM directly followed the EGM so any voting would be done in the 2nd meeting following the outcome of discussions in the 1st meeting.
Doesn't matter, there is no call for a vote according to the BDO lawyer so can't happen without 28 days notice.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh D,es!!!
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Blind leading the blind.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Good to see the future of the BDO is in such a safe, competent pair of hands.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Des Selecta should be sacked over this.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Blind leading the blind.........
Well Des took advice on this so he either needs a refund or this is bollox, i think the idea was that question 3 was the catch all that would include the vote but the bdo lawyer specifically says this is invalid as it seeks to introduce business not actually listed in the meeting agenda.

Madsocks