What are the things that annoy you in darts ??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: What are the things that annoy you in darts ??

Post by daveboygreen »

Posters on forums that have an opinion on everything darts related yet can't play the game themselves.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

daveboygreen wrote:Riley's.....

These greedy gits do everything they can to keep players in their venues all day and charge top whack for food and drink, Seen a weekly comp advertised for Worcester Rileys starting tomorrow, No details of prize money, Format or anything more than a big payout for the finals night and seeded draw for the finals, I asked on the page advertising it for details a few days ago and have been ignored.

I played in the Riley's Midland Masters last time it was held, Given you had to win a venue to qualify for the finals at Wolverhampton, Travel there, Spend all day spending money there, £50 for making the semi finals was disgusting, Certainly wouldn't do that again if it was anything near the same and as it is now, 3 years ago I used to practice daily in Riley's...barely ever set foot in any of their clubs now.
Shame Tommy Cox has retired you could of mentioned him
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

daveboygreen wrote:Posters on forums that have an opinion on everything darts related yet can't play the game themselves.
Worse, some of them actually try to effect the game, phoning venues, FOI requests, booking Bobby George, calling officials racist etc.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

These greedy gits do everything they can to keep players in their venues all day and charge top whack for food and drink, Seen a weekly comp advertised for Worcester Rileys starting tomorrow, No details of prize money, Format or anything more than a big payout for the finals night and seeded draw for the finals, I asked on the page advertising it for details a few days ago and have been ignored.

I played in the Riley's Midland Masters last time it was held, Given you had to win a venue to qualify for the finals at Wolverhampton, Travel there, Spend all day spending money there, £50 for making the semi finals was disgusting, Certainly wouldn't do that again if it was anything near the same and as it is now, 3 years ago I used to practice daily in Riley's...barely ever set foot in any of their clubs now.
Though i agree, at the same time you have to give them credit that they are the only places putting an effort into darts comps right now, there are very few pubs/clubs running competitions now compared to a few years ago.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

There is a report on the same thing at rileys Cov (i didn't know it was on lol) that gives you an idea of how it's run.

https://www.facebook.com/rileyscoventryhertford/

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:

Though i agree, at the same time you have to give them credit that they are the only places putting an effort into darts comps right now, there are very few pubs/clubs running competitions now compared to a few years ago.
Do not know about your area but there is a local comp on pretty much every weekend round these parts.

The leagues here are very welcoming to new and inexperienced players though so I think that might have something to do with that. None of this moaning about not being able to mark and not knowing the correct etiquette etc. You learn as you go and have a laugh while doing it. Far too many people take it far too seriously.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Not being able to play due to the lasting effects of a losing fight against a wall following Scotlands win over England at the rugby.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Do not know about your area but there is a local comp on pretty much every weekend round these parts.

The leagues here are very welcoming to new and inexperienced players though so I think that might have something to do with that. None of this moaning about not being able to mark and not knowing the correct etiquette etc. You learn as you go and have a laugh while doing it. Far too many people take it far too seriously.
There was so much on in the midlands that players used to travel from Yorkshire, Cheshire, Wiltshire, all over to play every weekend, i was talking to Johnny Haines the other day and all their lot go to Wales every weekend now as that's where the comps are.

Madsocks
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Arseholes who play imaginary money games with themselves.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ifm wrote:

Still plenty of opens about, Plenty over Hereford and South Wales, Money leagues seem to be becoming in a lot more and still seeing events advertised around the Midlands.

Rileys don't look after the darts nearly as well as they do Pool, Worcester certainly has been guilty of this and it shows with the state of the dart throws in there, Used to be that they would give those attending darts events a discount on draft and soft drinks but they seem to have stopped that, They add a very minimal amount to prize funds when they do add anything and its all designed to keep players there for as long as they possibly can spending over the bar, I wouldn't mind paying slightly over the odds for a decent pint but they don't sell anything I drink so end up paying near a fiver for bottles of Bulmers, Disgusting really considering they do offers for students where its 2 bottles for £6 or something like that, So if they can discount drinks for pool players and students...Then why do they screw over the dart players?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Very easy to get a student card for nowt if you really want one Dave, Nikkiboy will tell you how.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Very easy to get a student card for nowt if you really want one Dave, Nikkiboy will tell you how.
Spotify have dropped the NUS+ card now but still get 10% off everything from my local co-op and half price Amazon Prime.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Very easy to get a student card for nowt if you really want one Dave, Nikkiboy will tell you how.
Spotify have dropped the NUS+ card now but still get 10% off everything from my local co-op and half price Amazon Prime.
What about the free Open University course thing?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
You just sign up for any free course, get the details and use that to get your NUS+ card, £12 a year and I save that in a month at the Co-op, £40 a year on Amazon

40% pizza express
25% prezzo
25% dominos
10% Jack Wills

Loads more, it's a no brainer.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

^^^^there you go then, Dave.
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
You just sign up for any free course, get the details and use that to get your NUS+ card, £12 a year and I save that in a month at the Co-op, £40 a year on Amazon

40% pizza express
25% prezzo
25% dominos
10% Jack Wills

I love using my NUS Extra card. I always get funny looks when asking if they do student discount and I produce my card.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

40% pizza express
25% prezzo
25% dominos
10% Jack Wills

I love using my NUS Extra card. I always get funny looks when asking if they do student discount and I produce my card.
It's great isn't it going into a sandwich shop and there is a student special meal deal for £3 instead of the normal fiver.

All joking aside if anyone wants tips on setting one up I'm happy to help if i can and once you get it they automatically renew a number of times so you only have to sign up to something every five years or so.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

How does a fecking pensioner get a student card? Ridiculous.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:How does a fecking pensioner get a student card? Ridiculous.
Mature student AND 10% discount off of Tena midget.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

For me

The apologetic look you get off darts players when you get beaten- You hit the winning double I really dont need you to give me your best puppy dog eyes impression and say sorry for doing so

and in the same vain Getting belittled by the player that just beat you - Its 2 minutes after I just lost a match in a tournament, I really dont need to hear how you wasnt at your best today despite beating me and Id be a good player in the future.