What are the things that annoy you in darts ??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: What are the things that annoy you in darts ??

Post by Black Velvet »

ifm wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Posters on forums that have an opinion on everything darts related yet can't play the game themselves.
Worse, some of them actually try to effect the game, phoning venues, FOI requests, booking Bobby George, wishing cancer on officials etc.
FTFY
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

:D
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

daveboygreen wrote:Posters on forums that have an opinion on everything darts related yet can't play the game themselves.

Because all those Arsenal fans moaning can all kick a ball better than Ozil and Co....pointless argument.
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

The one thing I cannot stand in darts is gamesmanship and poor etiquette i.e players not marking the board after they've lost a game and cheating
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

jameshope wrote:The one thing I cannot stand in darts is gamesmanship and poor etiquette i.e players not marking the board after they've lost a game and cheating
Many forms of gamesmanship, Players clicking their darts together while your throwing, Taking their time removing their darts, Talking while your throwing, Walking too close to you while your throwing to name a few.

None of these are as bad as a what a player did to me at Wolverhampton, A player that should know a lot better and I put him to shame for what he done...Was called onto the board to play, He approached the board then walked away and vanished into the toilets, Almost 10 mins later appeared again and not as much as an apology then made god know's how many excuses on Facebook afterwards from his throw not being quite right to he was shown no respect by his opponent ( Me) and during the game he was constantly trying to catch my back foot and did so once...Was lucky not to get landed one.

Ive had players constantly argue with the chalker claiming they scored more than they did, Players giving me verbals in the middle of games, Beer thrown at me when going for a winning double, Over the top coughing from opponents, Even had one making fart noises to try and put me off lol

One thing I can't stand and ive snapped at a few for doing this...Chalkers constantly saying good darts, Oh unlucky, Steady darts, Great shot etc...As if their opinion matters, Ive told more than a few chalkers to shut the hell up over the years.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

daveboygreen wrote:
jameshope wrote:The one thing I cannot stand in darts is gamesmanship and poor etiquette i.e players not marking the board after they've lost a game and cheating
Many forms of gamesmanship, Players clicking their darts together while your throwing, Taking their time removing their darts, Talking while your throwing, Walking too close to you while your throwing to name a few.

None of these are as bad as a what a player did to me at Wolverhampton, A player that should know a lot better and I put him to shame for what he done...Was called onto the board to play, He approached the board then walked away and vanished into the toilets, Almost 10 mins later appeared again and not as much as an apology then made god know's how many excuses on Facebook afterwards from his throw not being quite right to he was shown no respect by his opponent ( Me) and during the game he was constantly trying to catch my back foot and did so once...Was lucky not to get landed one.

Ive had players constantly argue with the chalker claiming they scored more than they did, Players giving me verbals in the middle of games, Beer thrown at me when going for a winning double, Over the top coughing from opponents, Even had one making fart noises to try and put me off lol

One thing I can't stand and ive snapped at a few for doing this...Chalkers constantly saying good darts, Oh unlucky, Steady darts, Great shot etc...As if their opinion matters, Ive told more than a few chalkers to shut the hell up over the years.
Who are you?
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
The same question might be asked of you. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DBG famously won a leg against Wes Newton
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
There's a clue in the username ;-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

daveboygreen wrote:

We all wonder what he does in the bog before games :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
Dave Green, can't say I have heard of him. Thought he was a high profile player going by his post. I can't find him in any PDC or BDO ranking either.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Knowledge wrote:
ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
Dave Green, can't say I have heard of him. Thought he was a high profile player going by his post. I can't find him in any PDC or BDO ranking either.
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... erKey=5281

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

ssjsa wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
No one of any note then.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ifm wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

I have seen him vanish into the bogs after checking draw sheets before he was due to play in the past, Had a few people say to me what they thought he was up to, Still..Whatever it was didn't help as he got spanked by me and made himself look an even bigger tool with what he tried to claim on Facebook following the game.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Who are you?
Im on there twice as I recall
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ifm wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Often wondered why no one has the decency to walk out to gang master flash & white lines for walk on music, joke of course
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ifm wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Often wondered why no one has the decency to walk out to gang master flash & white lines for walk on music, joke of course
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

only85 wrote:
ifm wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

I think someone did to golden brown, i think someone had a Whinge about it on here, dunno why though.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Verb as a noun klaxon!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Verb as a proper noun klaxon!
FTFY

Madsocks