"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
billyd
Pub Champion

Re: 2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by billyd »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:[tweet]1002637418992828416[/tweet]
Riveting......
I guess 15 people clapping while some 55 year old calmly takes his darts out of the board and waddles off is TV viewing at its finest
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

I like to congratulate PDC on success of World Cup. Fantastic tournament and much improved on WDF crappy World Cup. I think many countries now looking to PDC for progress in darts and BDO/WDF is dying on its arse. All young people support and talk about PDC now. BDO is for old people and cowards.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ferrari bang on the money, there.
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ferrari wrote:I like to congratulate PDC on success of World Cup. Fantastic tournament and much improved on WDF crappy World Cup. I think many countries now looking to PDC for progress in darts and BDO/WDF is dying on its arse. All young people support and talk about PDC now. BDO is for old people and cowards.

Bless, have you been let out for the day?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He's right about the WDF world cup though. They can't get any media coverage for that event for love nor money and even if it was on TV it would not be very TV friendly in its current form.
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ginge wrote:He's right about the WDF world cup though. They can't get any media coverage for that event for love nor money and even if it was on TV it would not be very TV friendly in its current form.
No arguments from me there.

Ferrari does sound very special though?
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Ferrari wrote:I like to congratulate PDC on success of World Cup. Fantastic tournament and much improved on WDF crappy World Cup. I think many countries now looking to PDC for progress in darts and BDO/WDF is dying on its arse. All young people support and talk about PDC now. BDO is for old people and cowards.

So you ignore facts and throw the insult. Well done.
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

Ginge wrote:He's right about the WDF world cup though. They can't get any media coverage for that event for love nor money and even if it was on TV it would not be very TV friendly in its current form.
Yes I correct. WDF should hand over to PDC for the future of darts. A lot of countries not happy with the thought of the Jacklin bandit.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ferrari wrote:
Yes I correct. WDF should hand over to PDC for the future of darts. A lot of countries not happy with the thought of the Jacklin bandit.

And now you are throwing insults?
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Ferrari wrote:

And now you are throwing insults?
Fact is no insult.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Good to have The Knowledge back on here.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Price gets beaten by a player who has never appeared on a major stage.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ferrari wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

The facts are that the mighty pdc can only scrape together two representatives from each country because they have no depth across the world. All they put on is a lame excuse for a world cup.....a game of pairs :DDD: Come back when they can offer a proper world cup with divisions for men, woman and actual youths.

This is nothing more than a meaningless exhibition.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Looks like Clayton will take this to a decider
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

The facts are that the mighty pdc can only scrape together two representatives from each country because they have no depth across the world. All they put on is a lame excuse for a world cup.....a game of pairs :DDD: Come back when they can offer a proper world cup with divisions for men, woman and actual youths.

:DDD:

Think you find that the PDC has been inclusive of both sexes and player of any age
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

:DDD:

Think you find that the PDC has been inclusive of both sexes and player of any age
So they are still supporting a womens tour then?
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

This "proper world cup" sounds mighty interesting. What channel will it be on and when can I expect the English, Scottish and Welsh teams to make their appearance?
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

In two weeks time a certain world cup kicks off at Russia. Didn't know it"s not the proper one as lacking ladies
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Ginge »

tapsa wrote:In two weeks time a certain world cup kicks off at Russia. Didn't know it"s not the proper one as lacking ladies
Their women's one is played at a different time and with generally less coverage.

BDO, take note :D
Big Jock Knew