2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: 2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by The Jolly Man »

The Master wrote:A female in Team China
Great to see the PDC opening doors for female players to play on the biggest stages!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:D
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Singapore could be a dangerous pairing too - always great seeing Paul Lim on the big stage, lovely guy who always looks to be really enjoying himself.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

being a lovely guy as you call it and enjoying yourself should not be a criteria for qualification.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:being a lovely guy as you call it and enjoying yourself should not be a criteria for qualification.

He’s also a brilliant dart player and the first name on the Singapore team sheet (as you well know)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:being a lovely guy as you call it and enjoying yourself should not be a criteria for qualification.

He’s also a brilliant dart player and the first name on the Singapore team sheet (as you well know)

The point you are trying to delect from is there are loads of "lovely guys who enjoy darts " all over the world yet they dont get invited.

Lets be honest here, the whole purpose of the world Cup is for exposure and the effort to grow the game globally, its not like singapore is a dominant strong darts nation. I will agree because of what singapore has done in the past they may well be back again
And even if Lim is deserving, why should he unknown partner be shoehorned in if he does not deserve it.

But this attitude that because he is a lovely guy he deserves to be there is utter nonsense.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I remember when Lee said on here not too long ago it doesn't matter if a player is rubbish on TV :D
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Ginge wrote:I remember when Lee said on here not too long ago it doesn't matter if a player is rubbish on TV :D
:DDD:
I remember that
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Ginge wrote:I remember when Lee said on here not too long ago it doesn't matter if a player is rubbish on TV :D
:DDD:
I remember that

But not the context I said it in, obviously.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

The Jolly Man wrote:
The Master wrote:A female in Team China
Great to see the PDC opening doors for female players to play on the biggest stages!
...just wait for the swiss qualifier next week...might there will be another surprise 8-) ...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Gazmong always seems to have an issue with people actually thinking Darts players are decent blokes
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MOMO ZHOU will become the first woman to represent China on a PDC stage at the 2018 Betway World Cup of Darts as seven further nations confirm their teams for the forthcoming event.

Zhou, who won the World Cup China qualifier, will team up with runner-up Xiaochen Zong as the tournament takes place at the Eissporthalle in Frankfurt from May 31 – June 3.

The 26-year-old will become the second female player to appear at the World Cup of Darts, after Anastasia Dobromyslova represented Russia at the 2010 tournament.

Zhou and 20-year-old Zong – a World Championship qualifier last year - both hail from the same home town of Dandong in Liaoning Province, and the pair will be looking to improve on China’s first round exit last year.

China will be joined by four other Asian countries at the World Cup, all of which have now confirmed their pairings to play at the event following the second weekend of the 2018 PDC Asian Tour.

Japan will be represented by World Cup ever-present Haruki Muramatsu and Seigo Asada, who won through to the 2018 World Championship first round before losing to eventual winner Rob Cross.

Darts legend Paul Lim will once again team up with Harith Lim as Singapore aim to better their run to the quarter-finals of last year’s tournament, which included a sensational win over Scottish pairing Gary Anderson and Peter Wright.

Thailand’s line-up will also have a familiar look as Thanawat Gaweenuntavong and Attapol Eupakaree will bid to improve on their first round defeat to Greece at last year’s event.

Recognisable Hong Kong star Royden Lam will appear in his fifth consecutive World Cup alongside debutant Ho Yin Shek.

Japan, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong’s pairings were chosen from the highest two ranked players on the Asian Tour Order of Merit following the four events held so far in 2018 on the new PDC-affiliated circuit.

Meanwhile, Larry Butler and Darin Young will be the American team, after finishing as the top two players on a two-year Championship Darts Corporation ranking list.

Former World Matchplay champion Butler had been the runaway leader, with Young overtaking DJ Sayre on Sunday by progressing one round further in the final CDC event before the USA team was confirmed.

Russia will once again be represented by Boris Koltsov and Aleksandr Oreshkin after qualifying from a two-year EADC Order of Merit, and will be bidding to emulate last year’s run to the quarter-finals thanks to wins over Hong Kong and Australia.

The 2018 Betway World Cup of Darts will see 32 nations represented by two-player teams as they compete from May 31-June 3 at the Eissporthalle in Frankfurt, Germany, and will be televised live on Sky Sports and worldwide through the PDC's series of international broadcast partners.

For tickets, visit www.pdc-europe.tv/tickets

Betway World Cup of Darts
Competing Nations:
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil - Diogo Portela & Bruno Rangel
Canada
China - Momo Zhou & Xiaochen Zong
Czech Republic - Roman Benecky & Karel Sedlacek
Denmark - Per Laursen & Henrik Primdal
England
Finland - Kim Viljanen & Marko Kantele
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Hong Kong - Royden Lam & Ho Yin Shek
Hungary - Tamas Alexits & Nandor Bezzeg
Italy  - Michel Furlani & Alessio Medaina
Japan - Seigo Asada & Haruki Muramatsu
Netherlands
New Zealand - Cody Harris & Warren Parry
Northern Ireland
Poland
Republic of Ireland
Russia - Boris Koltsov & Aleksandr Oreshkin
Scotland
Singapore - Paul Lim & Harith Lim
South Africa - Devon Petersen & Liam O'Brien
Spain
Sweden - Daniel Larsson & Dennis Nilsson
Switzerland
Thailand - Thanawat Gaweenuntavong & Attapol Eupakaree
United States of America - Larry Butler & Darin Young
Wales

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

WITH the teams for the 2018 Betway World Cup of Darts poised to be confirmed next week, a number of new faces are set to compete in the 32-nation tournament.

World Champion Rob Cross heads the list of debutants, and he will partner either Dave Chisnall or Michael Smith in a new-look England team.

World Youth Champion Dimitri Van den Bergh will team up with Kim Huybrechts for Belgium in place of Ronny Huybrechts, who has featured in the last five stagings and partnered his younger brother to the 2013 final.

In-form Welshman Jonny Clayton has earned a World Cup berth over ever-present Mark Webster thanks to his Austrian Darts Open win, and he will line up alongside Gerwyn Price in Frankfurt for the 2017 finalists.

The Republic of Ireland will also feature a new face as fast-emerging Steve Lennon, who reached the last 16 of the 2017 Grand Slam of Darts, steps in for Mick McGowan.

Zoran Lerchbacher’s run to the last 32 of the World Championship helped to lift him above Rowby-John Rodriguez in the rankings, and he is the likely partner for Mensur Suljovic to represent Austria.

John Part will once again head-up the Canadian team, with his partner now confirmed as Dawson Murschell, who famously beat James Wade at the 2017 US Darts Masters and has joined the circuit full-time in 2018.

Meanwhile, 2018 PDC Qualifying School competitor Veniamin Symeonidis will team up with World Cup ever-present John Michael for Greece.

The results of this weekend’s Dutch Darts Masters could still play a big part in determining the finalised World Cup pairings.

Smith could jump above Chisnall by winning in Zwolle to feature for England, while Rodriguez could leapfrog Lerchbacher to claim an Austrian spot by reaching the final.

The field for the 2018 Betway World Cup of Darts will be confirmed following the cut-off date on Monday May 14.

The Gibraltar team will see Dyson Parody joined by either Justin Broton or Dylan Duo, with the final qualifying event being held on Friday May 11.

The Switzerland team will be confirmed following their qualifier on May 20.

The 2018 Betway World Cup of Darts will see 32 nations represented by two-player teams as they compete from May 31-June 3 at the Eissporthalle in Frankfurt, Germany, and will be televised live on Sky Sports and worldwide through the PDC's series of international broadcast partners.

For tickets, visit www.pdc-europe.tv/tickets

Betway World Cup of Darts
Current Provisional Teams (confirmed teams marked with *)

Australia - Simon Whitlock & Kyle Anderson
Austria - Mensur Suljovic & Zoran Lerchbacher
Belgium - Kim Huybrechts & Dimitri Van den Bergh
*Brazil - Diogo Portela & Bruno Rangel
Canada - John Part & Dawson Murschell
*China - Momo Zhou & Xiaochen Zong
*Czech Republic - Roman Benecky & Karel Sedlacek
*Denmark - Per Laursen & Henrik Primdal
England - Rob Cross & Dave Chisnall
*Finland - Kim Viljanen & Marko Kantele
Germany - Max Hopp & Martin Schindler
Gibraltar - Qualifying events conclude May 11
Greece - John Michael & Veniamin Symeonidis
*Hong Kong - Royden Lam & Ho Yin Shek
*Hungary - Tamas Alexits & Nandor Bezzeg
*Italy - Michel Furlani & Alessio Medaina
*Japan - Seigo Asada & Haruki Muramatsu
Netherlands - Michael van Gerwen & Raymond van Barneveld
*New Zealand - Cody Harris & Warren Parry
Northern Ireland - Daryl Gurney & Brendan Dolan
Poland - Krzysztof Ratajski & Tytus Kanik
Republic of Ireland - Steve Lennon & William O'Connor
*Russia - Boris Koltsov & Aleksandr Oreshkin
Scotland - Peter Wright & Gary Anderson
*Singapore - Paul Lim & Harith Lim
*South Africa - Devon Petersen & Liam O'Brien
Spain - Cristo Reyes & Antonio Alcinas
*Sweden - Daniel Larsson & Dennis Nilsson
Switzerland – Qualifying event May 20
*Thailand - Thanawat Gaweenuntavong & Attapol Eupakaree
United States of America* - Larry Butler & Darin Young
Wales - Gerwyn Price & Jonny Clayton

jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

I'm surprised Chizzy is partnering Cross in this World Cup I would have thought Michael Smith would've partnered Cross
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

jameshope wrote:I'm surprised Chizzy is partnering Cross in this World Cup I would have thought Michael Smith would've partnered Cross
England team not confirmed as yet. Could yet be Cross and Bullyboy.

malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

jameshope wrote:I'm surprised Chizzy is partnering Cross in this World Cup I would have thought Michael Smith would've partnered Cross
Isn’t it purely OOM position unless PDC do some cheating as with Netherlands and Scottish teams in the past.
Chisnall is above Smith in OOM so qualifies unless I think Smith wins this weekend.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Teams now confirmed.
Attachments
IMG_20180514_171908.jpg
IMG_20180514_171908.jpg (392.93 KiB) Viewed 2215 times

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

There will be 20 players—including Rob Cross and Jonny Clayton—making their PDC World Cup debut, bringing the total number of players to have appeared up to 185.

Eleven players will keep their ever-present mark, as Magnus Caris & Mark Webster miss out for the first time.

Here are the 33 players who have played in more than half of the eight PDC World Cups.
Attachments
IMG_20180514_174654.jpg
IMG_20180514_174654.jpg (62.78 KiB) Viewed 2204 times

mattp
Brass Darts

Post by mattp »

ssjsa wrote:Teams now confirmed.