2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggs3355
International

Re: 2018 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by foggs3355 »

I think this event should be pairs only best of 9 round 1 best of 17 round 2 And last 8 semi best of 19 final best of 25 legs
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

The CDC in the USA will provide the two American players. They will be announced from the two year OOM that they have after the first weekend of this year.

Would look like Larry Butler is in for certain. Remaining place will be between DJ Sayre, Young and Lauby Jr
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

definitely should be mainly pairs. A totally different game and a leveller
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Teenager Roman Benecky, 18, will join Karel Sedlacek in representing the Czech Republic, with the pair edging out Frantisek Humpula in their World Cup qualifier.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:The CDC in the USA will provide the two American players. They will be announced from the two year OOM that they have after the first weekend of this year.

Would look like Larry Butler is in for certain. Remaining place will be between DJ Sayre, Young and Lauby Jr
No disrespect to Young as he is a solid player but would rather see someone else get a chance DJ seemed to have pit of panache at the WS event in Vegas could be a good addition.
Word of the day - Panache :headbang:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:The CDC in the USA will provide the two American players. They will be announced from the two year OOM that they have after the first weekend of this year.

No disrespect to Young as he is a solid player but would rather see someone else get a chance DJ seemed to have pit of panache at the WS event in Vegas could be a good addition.
Word of the day - Panache :headbang:
Allergy to fried food Pan Ache
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from Larry Butler:

Huge week for me so far. Qualified for the @OfficialPDC WC of darts and hit a 9 darter on the way to winning a paid trip to the Masters from the ADO.
Thanks @champdarts for the opportunity. Looking forward to CDC Season #4

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

ssjsa wrote:

Tweet from Larry Butler:

Huge week for me so far. Qualified for the @OfficialPDC WC of darts and hit a 9 darter on the way to winning a paid trip to the Masters from the ADO.

No loyalty in the US for any codes.
JFT97
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Bag Carrier wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Tweet from Larry Butler:

No loyalty in the US for any codes.
Good, how it should be.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
Minty26
Brass Darts

Post by Minty26 »

Really looking forward to this. A change from the regular 'same old' shite.
Would love to see Anderson and Wright get something going but very much doubt it ha.
Steve Lennon makes the Irish team a lot stronger than in recent years too.
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Anyone knowing the name of any of his tracks?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bram_1900 wrote:

I avoid any song that either has 'DJ' or 'Featuring' in the title.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

The PDC World Cup of darts isn't my favourite PDC tournament i would rather it was a 3 man tournament or even a pairs tournament
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Bram_1900 wrote:

David Fatum
@Scorpion180

Off to the first weekend of the https://t.co/NeqB1CSvAS (CDC) tour in Chicago. Second weekend of 8 in a row for me!! Next week back to the UK for the PDC Challenge tour. If have a dream weekend this event could make the PDC World Cup team!! Go #fitflight

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Darin Young will join Larry Butler in the USA team.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

jameshope wrote:The PDC World Cup of darts isn't my favourite PDC tournament i would rather it was a 3 man tournament or even a pairs tournament
Agree – the current format is very ‘stale’ in my opinion.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Jolly Man wrote:Darin Young will join Larry Butler in the USA team.
They could upset a few sides – two very steady players.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Congrats to Momo Zhou won World Cup China Qualifier Champion and Unicorn player Xiaochen Zong 1st Runner-up. First ever female Chinese player will play on PDC stage.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

A female in Team China
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:The Asian teams lineups from the asian OOM

Japan- Asada and Murumatsu(dangerous team for me)
Hong Kong- Lam and Ng Ki Fu
Thailand- Thanawat Gaweenuntavong plus a player of the PDC's choosing no others have won money
Singapore _Paul Lim plus same as above but you have to imagine it will be Harith Lim again
Attapol is ranked from Thailand. Harith Lim is also ranked but whether he is 2nd best Singapore thrower on rankings can't work it out.

It's a shame there is no Philippines team with them having 6 players ranked higher than the highest ranked Thai or Singapore player. Hopefully next year the invitation will be a bit more open with the likes of Taiwan and Korea also having top 10 ranked players.