TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Post by daveboygreen »

Did the members of the scheme ever see anything as a reward for their money from any of the players that were sponsored?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

daveboygreen wrote:Did the members of the scheme ever see anything as a reward for their money from any of the players that were sponsored?
It wasn't really about that. It was about giving not receiving (overall ).

I gave just for one sponsorship (I think). The voting process was actually quite good to be part of, to be honest. Folks eliminated Rd by Rd.

But it was about helping a player in his darting career.

It kind of fell by the way side and wasn't perfect but imo a good idea.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Just curious, there were posts rightly deleted, by whom?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Did the members of the scheme ever see anything as a reward for their money from any of the players that were sponsored?

I gave just for one sponsorship (I think). The voting process was actually quite good to be part of, to be honest. Folks eliminated Rd by Rd.

If it was and I do believe it was for some it didn't really work in that respect.
But that was more to do with the selection process.
If it had made money for the people who put in I believe it would still be going now.
Imagaine a Rob Cross being the one who won :)
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

devosteve wrote:

Well you would have thought in say Justin Pipe's case, He could have perhaps showed his gratitude by offering members of the sponsorship scheme a few sets of his darts as a thank you, I didn't mean financial rewards but surely if a player has benefited from funds raised by members of a scheme that sponsored them then surely they should do the decent thing in offering something back following their success.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

daveboygreen wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Well you would have thought in say Justin Pipe's case, He could have perhaps showed his gratitude by offering members of the sponsorship scheme a few sets of his darts as a thank you, I didn't mean financial rewards but surely if a player has benefited from funds raised by members of a scheme that sponsored them then surely they should do the decent thing in offering something back following their success.
For my mind the most deserving in the way they acted afterwards were Grubby, Richardson and Howson who imo appreciated the opportunity more than the others.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

it was fairly obvious that certain players only joined the forum to win the money

paddy not going to q school certainly fucked the scheme,

with no tour fees now wouldnt need to raise 1000's anymore.

if we started a new scheme my votes would go to dbg, 30 tourney wins in 2017, has to be the next rob cross
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

TheSandman wrote:it was fairly obvious that certain players only joined the forum to win the money

paddy not going to q school certainly fekked the scheme,

if we started a new scheme my votes would go to dbg, 30 tourney wins in 2017, has to be the next rob cross
Rob Cross has only won the one tournament, a mere amateur compared to Dave :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

A percentage of tv money won was returned to the scheme from the sponsored players.

I think that ended up as a total amount of zero.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

TheSandman wrote:it was fairly obvious that certain players only joined the forum to win the money

Send your money now!!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

You want them to sleep in a tent and visit the local soup kitchen then?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

You want them to sleep in a tent and visit the local soup kitchen then?

another valuable contribution from plastic paddy
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

I remember reading on here when Steve Grubb was given the sponsorship and thought then that it would have been a good idea to perhaps get say 8 players who put themselves forward for sponsorship and have the 8 play off in a round robin comp with the winner getting the sponsorship.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea, Those chipping in would have the chance to watch the play off for the sponsorship
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:I remember reading on here when Steve Grubb was given the sponsorship and thought then that it would have been a good idea to perhaps get say 8 players who put themselves forward for sponsorship and have the 8 play off in a round robin comp with the winner getting the sponsorship.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea, Those chipping in would have the chance to watch the play off for the sponsorship
A good idea TBF though I think Meaney was the deathtoll of this by not doing Q school
The way to get around that in future would be to have the sponsorship scheme pay the Q-School entry fee direct and to split the sponsorship over events the player would be going to and share the rest as a contribution towards expenses each comp and pay the player that a few days before each event.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

DBG with some decent ideas there!!

I thought one of the offers from the winning player was to take a sponsor as guest to the tour events? Also committed to do regular reports on their progress etc....
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Post by Skewball »

Maverick wrote:DBG with some decent ideas there!!

I thought one of the offers from the winning player was to take a sponsor as guest to the tour events? Also committed to do regular reports on their progress etc....
That did happen with the early ones.
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Maverick wrote:DBG with some decent ideas there!!

That did happen with the early ones.
There's only so much you can say about a KFC......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"