Who has upset TT this time?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: Who has upset TT this time?

Post by WCDPA »

Last 3 years BDO have blanked having a meeting
With England , yet 2 people with a mutual dislike of each other have met 3 times, surprisingly enough find a lot of their ideas for the future are similar , and I think they accept that at times they can and will agree to disagree , TT version of this rumour were true IOMDO told the bars manager who told the venue manager , then we were told , I find it very scary that they claim it's a done deal as govt tender process hasn't started , I would have thought this is grounds to have them excluded from the tender process .
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I really don't know what England can do to resolve any issue with the BDO, it is them who have an issue with us, I don't know if they fear us, or it just maybe that the board of directors is anti-English full stop. All England has ever done is to try and get on with running events to fund the international teams, we haven't stepped on anyone's toes, don't stop other people running events. So if anyone has the answer, but things like this just add to the drift, and I can assure anyone, the information is not rumours.
The decision will be the Governments and even if we don't secure a further contract, I think we can hold our heads high in developing the event over the last three years, and especially as the Open last year was the first live sporting event on TV from the Isle of Man.
I wouldn't be looking at any potential changes with open arms if I was you Tommy. The potential new board will stab you in the back as quickly as the old one if it means they can make a bit of money.

I honestly think the only way you can resolve this is to get together with Wales Scotland and Ireland and put forward a proposal where one person from each board takes a place on the BDO board, effectively merging the countries into the BDO. So long as someone is running the BDO that isn't running the EDO they are going to be in direct competition with one another.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:I really don't know what England can do to resolve any issue with the BDO, it is them who have an issue with us, I don't know if they fear us, or it just maybe that the board of directors is anti-English full stop. All England has ever done is to try and get on with running events to fund the international teams, we haven't stepped on anyone's toes, don't stop other people running events. So if anyone has the answer, but things like this just add to the drift, and I can assure anyone, the information is not rumours.
The decision will be the Governments and even if we don't secure a further contract, I think we can hold our heads high in developing the event over the last three years, and especially as the Open last year was the first live sporting event on TV from the Isle of Man.
I wouldn't be looking at any potential changes with open arms if I was you Tommy. The potential new board will stab you in the back as quickly as the old one if it means they can make a bit of money.

I honestly think the only way you can resolve this is to get together with Wales Scotland and Ireland and put forward a proposal where one person from each board takes a place on the BDO board, effectively merging the countries into the BDO. So long as someone is running the BDO that isn't running the EDO they are going to be in direct competition with one another.
That actually makes sense but would the international side accept a board made up of solely UK darting organisations.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I have watched live TT races on the telly from the IOM.

Sorry to be pedantic and pundantic ;-)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Booji Boy wrote:

What channel? I always thought anything on the telly was merely highlights?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

What channel? I always thought anything on the telly was merely highlights?
You tube ;-)
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I think most of you are aware of the constant interference throughout the three years we have run the Isle of Man event from inside the BDO board. I have to say it came as no suprise to me although very upsetting that I find out from the bar staff at the Villa Marina, who complemented us for the way we have run the event that they are sorry that we will not be running it next year. So quite astounded by this and further conversation it seems that the Isle of Man Darts Organisation in conjunction with the BDO will be running it in the future. I did explain that our initial contract had come to an end, but as yet the tenders for the future have not been sorted out, although they are in the process of opening up the process perhaps the beginning of April.
I did approach Des to ask him if this was true, to which he didn't commit himself, which I fully understand.

So once again it seems that the BDO are in the middle of actions which could affect the wellbeing of England. Everyone has the right to apply for the tender, but it makes me wonder if there is more to this than just idle chat. We have helped the IOMDO to give them the use of our equipment, darts boards, marker pens etc, to raise funds on their own event, only to have this going on behind our backs. This on top of the BDO telling the IOMDO initially that they should ask England for £1500 (I have this in writing before anyone questioned this), yet no other event in the world has this sanction fee.

This cannot carry on, without consequences where it seems the BDO are supporting a none member country against a member country.
The IOM darts organisation has every right to run its own event with help from whichever organisation they choose. Staggering arrogance to think otherwise. England Darts to stick withinn their own boundaries and wish every success to the BDO and IOM darts in this instance. It is nothing to do with England, their contract is up!
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

If Tommy spent as much time giving a damn what England darts are suppose to be doing like taking the England team to the world cup, then maybe some people might not be so fed up listening to him whine on and on
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Knowledge wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:I think most of you are aware of the constant interference throughout the three years we have run the Isle of Man event from inside the BDO board. I have to say it came as no suprise to me although very upsetting that I find out from the bar staff at the Villa Marina, who complemented us for the way we have run the event that they are sorry that we will not be running it next year. So quite astounded by this and further conversation it seems that the Isle of Man Darts Organisation in conjunction with the BDO will be running it in the future. I did explain that our initial contract had come to an end, but as yet the tenders for the future have not been sorted out, although they are in the process of opening up the process perhaps the beginning of April.
I did approach Des to ask him if this was true, to which he didn't commit himself, which I fully understand.

So once again it seems that the BDO are in the middle of actions which could affect the wellbeing of England. Everyone has the right to apply for the tender, but it makes me wonder if there is more to this than just idle chat. We have helped the IOMDO to give them the use of our equipment, darts boards, marker pens etc, to raise funds on their own event, only to have this going on behind our backs. This on top of the BDO telling the IOMDO initially that they should ask England for £1500 (I have this in writing before anyone questioned this), yet no other event in the world has this sanction fee.

This cannot carry on, without consequences where it seems the BDO are supporting a none member country against a member country.

The IOM darts organisation has every right to run its own event with help from whichever organisation they choose. Staggering arrogance to think otherwise. England Darts to stick withinn their own boundaries and wish every success to the BDO and IOM darts in this instance. It is nothing to do with England, their contract is up!
To be called the Knowledge when you don't know what you are talking about is also staggering !
The IOMDO tendered last time and lost the tender , so if they tender and win good luck to them they can ask who they want to help them , the tender document is very comprehensive .
Whoever makes the best bid will win , will be made a lot easier for anyone taking over from us , as we upgraded the venues capability to enable not only get a basic phone signal ! Anyone who went there over 3 years ago will testify to that , they now have a signal capable of streaming .
It's the govt who put the event out to tender not the IOMDO
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I wonder if Les "Luddite" France will tender again :D
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:I wonder if Les "Luddite" France will tender again :D
From memory I think 5 tendered
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

To be called the Knowledge when you don't know what you are talking about is also staggering !
The IOMDO tendered last time and lost the tender , so if they tender and win good luck to them they can ask who they want to help them , the tender document is very comprehensive .
Whoever makes the best bid will win , will be made a lot easier for anyone taking over from us , as we upgraded the venues capability to enable not only get a basic phone signal ! Anyone who went there over 3 years ago will testify to that , they now have a signal capable of streaming .
So if you win the tender from the IOM government what is in the tender to guarantee the points from the BDO??

What stops say myself hosting and IOM open at a different location? With the backing of the BDO who will give me points? Will the IOM government close the event down?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Jolly Man wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

So if you win the tender from the IOM government what is in the tender to guarantee the points from the BDO??

What stops say myself hosting and IOM open at a different location? With the backing of the BDO who will give me points? Will the IOM government close the event down?
Nothing at all .
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

So why is TT aggrieved? Surely he is just being out done in a business sense. Yes it may be a bit back handed. But at the end of the day it can't be unexpected.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Jolly Man wrote:So why is TT aggrieved? Surely he is just being out done in a business sense. Yes it may be a bit back handed. But at the end of the day it can't be unexpected.
Well if you can't see why he is aggrieved all is lost :)
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Just walk away from it. Little if no profit and concentrate on the remit of EDO. The idea posted earlier of getting all home countries to basically take charge of BDO is the way to go.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

So England will be going in direct opposition to the IOM darts organisation to run the IOM Open. Have a word with yourself, England have nothing to do with the IOM and should keep their noses out. If England want to run comps they should run them in England, better still they should concentrate on sending the England team to International events and keep their beaks out of other people's countries!
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Knowledge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

So England will be going in direct opposition to the IOM darts organisation to run the IOM Open. Have a word with yourself, England have nothing to do with the IOM and should keep their noses out. If England want to run comps they should run them in England, better still they should concentrate on sending the England team to International events and keep their beaks out of other people's countries!
Just curious but does this apply to all dart orgs?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

No
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Knowledge wrote:
ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:

No
LOL
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks