Site Admin/Mod

Re: PDC World Grand Prix -30th September- 6th October 2018- Dublin

Post by Black Velvet »

:DDD:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:80-odd average enough to win a PDC major. Chuckle.
89 actually. ;-)

Good to see you back on the forum.
Don't bite. And no, it isn't good to see him back.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
89 actually. ;-)

So 80-odd. Thanks for agreeing.
A Rout multiple. I should have guessed.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Drupid unable to help himself. How grimly predictable.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

It took an hour, but I landed him.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Six minutes. May all the natives of Nantwich be careful on the paths the night.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Black Velvet wrote:Six minutes. May all the natives of Nantwich be careful on the paths the night.
You going to stinking up this place with this repetitive shite just like on df? You make both places undreadable.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Have a coffee and sober up, you're a man in his mid fifties stalking people on the internet.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Just finished watching the final, what a strange match.

Van Gerwen was way off for most of the match, but Wright crumbled when opportunities arose.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

teddybreak wrote:Just finished watching the final, what a strange match.

Van Gerwen was way off for most of the match, but Wright crumbled when opportunities arose.
Indeed - I think you're one of the winners of the WGP prediction comp - can you let the mods have your details?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

eck180 wrote:Wright content to be a runner up again.
No killer instinct, should have had MvG dead and buried the way he was playing in the first three or four sets.
Modern day Colin Lloyd, done well to get his ranking and will pick up a few trophies when the big boys have an off day.
This is the crux of the issue for me & a few other aquaitences, if your good the pdc provides a very good affluent lifestyle for winning zilch, when you can have a good living finishing second / fourth / top 10 , apart from a trophy where’s the insentive to win , every credit to mvg / Gando for keeping that desire
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

only85 wrote:
No killer instinct, should have had MvG dead and buried the way he was playing in the first three or four sets.
Modern day Colin Lloyd, done well to get his ranking and will pick up a few trophies when the big boys have an off day.
This is the crux of the issue for me & a few other aquaitences, if your good the pdc provides a very good affluent lifestyle for winning zilch, when you can have a good living finishing second / fourth / top 10 , apart from a trophy where’s the insentive to win , every credit to mvg / Gando for keeping that desire
The same Peter Wright who has won 22 PDC ranking titles, 3 of which were on TV & 1 of which was a major last year...?
eck180
The Ton Club

Post by eck180 »

WizardofozFan wrote:
only85 wrote:
The same Peter Wright who has won 22 PDC ranking titles, 3 of which were on TV & 1 of which was a major last year...?
Like I said, he'll pick up the odd TV title here and there.
Happy to play second fiddle to the real big boys, he pretty much said so in his interview after the final.
No doubt he's a good player, and his floor results show that, but won't be remembered as one of the big hitters.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

eck180 wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
only85 wrote:
Happy to play second fiddle to the real big boys, he pretty much said so in his interview after the final.
No doubt he's a good player, and his floor results show that, but won't be remembered as one of the big hitters.
See what you mean now, I'd agree to a certain extent. If he retired now, for me top 10 all time PDC players. His consistency since 2012-13 time has been remarkable. Not got the natural talent of a van Gerwen/Anderson/Lewis/Wade, but has worked so hard for many years and for six years has been ranked at the top of the game.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
89 actually. ;-)

So 80-odd. Thanks for agreeing.
A Rout multiple. I should have guessed.
Hello stranger
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Grand Prix -30th September- 6th October 2018- Dublin

Post by Skewball »

eck180 wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
only85 wrote:
Wrong thread.
Durrant should be discussed on the Masters thread
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Grand Prix -30th September- 6th October 2018- Dublin

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Skewball wrote:
eck180 wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
only85 wrote:
Wrong thread.
Durrant should be discussed on the Masters thread
:DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

AS the dust settles on the 2018 Unibet World Grand Prix, we take a look at which players were the biggest risers and fallers on the Order of Merit after a memorable week in Dublin.

Despite claiming a fourth World Grand Prix title, Michael van Gerwen's Order of Merit prize money did not change due to the fact the Dutchman claimed the title two years previously.

Runner-up Peter Wright enjoyed the biggest increase in ranking money added to his Order of Merit value, pocketing an extra £40,000 to re-affirm his position as world number two.

Although he suffered an opening round defeat to Gerwyn Price, Danny Noppert saw his ranking rise more than any other player on the Order of Merit from 63rd to 59th as the ProTour winner continues a strong first season in the PDC, while Price moved up to 11th.

Noppert's fellow Dutchman Jermaine Wattimena moved into the world's top 32 for the first time and Darren Webster moved up to a career-high 13th on the Order of Merit.

Terry Jenkins, Mick McGowan and Benito van de Pas were the players who suffered the biggest fall down the Order of Merit, while 2016 finalist Gary Anderson's quarter-final loss to Daryl Gurney cost the Scot £30,000 of ranking money.

Full list of ranking changes below, courtesy of Christopher Kempf (Official Statistical Analyst of the PDC).
Attachments
WGP rankings change_1000.png
WGP rankings change_1000.png (229.59 KiB) Viewed 866 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

An interesting statistic. Should repeat after all the ranking majors.