The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

"it doesn't matter once they had a good time"
Last edited by Little Lonely Garry on Fri May 11, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Skewball wrote:No one watches Freesport and no one other than on forums or a member of fanatics FB will know darts is on Freesport.
The net result is no one will watch it.

And it's another paid for tv for which the BDO is going to have to pay for all production costs. Glorified streaming that is going to cost £80k again.
Any "sponsors" yet ?
No one watches freesports ( bucs rugby by yoti popular in university student union bars) Niche market I agree but m’learned poster may be interested in a series of adverts by freesports Advertising upcoming programmes on Rupert murdoch radio (talk sport) that have recently started airing
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Garry Murphy wrote:so dave pallet and stuart kellet the guys jobbing in the PDC got further than Adams , one of their top players.

No you’ve got that wrong, a man who made the SEMI FINAL of a PDC major just a few weeks ago fails to qualify for a BDO tv event :grin:
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

For those with Virgin TV, I think you can watch Freesports online at tvplayer.com. Free to sign up for the freeview channels. If so, BDO should be publicising this!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:For those with Virgin TV, I think you can watch Freesports online at tvplayer.com. Free to sign up for the freeview channels. If so, BDO should be publicising this!
:DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidB wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:so dave pallet and stuart kellet the guys jobbing in the PDC got further than Adams , one of their top players.

No you’ve got that wrong, a man who made the SEMI FINAL of a PDC major just a few weeks ago fails to qualify for a BDO tv event :grin:
What major was this?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Shows the depth in the BDO that these PDC guys try but cant quite qualify. Where for example did Newton finish?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I cant believe Blackburn Rovers didnt win League 1 this season, they won the PL 20-odd years ago so they must be decent.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:I cant believe Blackburn Rovers didnt win League 1 this season, they won the PL 20-odd years ago so they must be decent.
Good reason though. The mighty Wigan Athletic won it.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

BlueSpark wrote:
DavidB wrote:

What major was this?
Ukopen I thought it just shows you best of 7 anyone game if a lesser player gets fast start
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Astonvilla wrote:Shows the depth in the BDO that these PDC guys try but cant quite qualify. Where for example did Newton finish?
higher than Lakeside champ fordham ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:Shows the depth in the BDO that these PDC guys try but cant quite qualify. Where for example did Newton finish?
higher than Lakeside champ fordham ?
Oh dear.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

:DDD: John Womble Worsley
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Firstly, Andy Fordham wasn’t there so how could he have been hammered then Gazmong

Secondly, Bradders you can’t use Blackburn 1995 and 2018 form as evidence to Dave Pallett UK open

Thirdly, The Scottish Guy who beat Pallett & the lad who moaned. Did come with a crowd

Fourthly, Drupid woke me up haha
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Secondly, Bradders you can’t use Blackburn 1995 and 2018 form as evidence to Dave Pallett UK open
Erm, I wasnt. Try reading it again and look at the post above it ffs.

Absolutely thick as mince.
Big Jock Knew
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

X
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote: Know young William Borland fairly well been doing BDO and dev tour good kid.
Fair enough. Would be a shame if someone posted something a few minutes later to counteract that.
The Knowledge wrote:Matt Padgett

Have no idea who beat me and Dave Pallett in the last two rounds to qualify for the WDT today, but him and his “team” were a frigging (a word used because I can’t tell the truth) disgrace. Can’t wish well for somebody like that, after already being told off by me for having conversations with his mates behind my back while I’m throwing never mind anything else, and me making a hash of a simple 4-2 win... at 3-3 with me nearly 100 up on his throw his lady friend came racing over in front of me as I was stepping up, stopped me from throwing, just to give him a double vodka red bull (which he necked, illegal in bdo rules)! Seriously!? And then 1 throw later ran across me to go back the other way. Talk about having a Gi(frigging)raffe Just been told had I stopped the game and pointed it out he would’ve been eliminated... never mind... 1 proper game away from WDT FFrigSake slightly tired of this
Oh.
Big Jock Knew
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote: Know young William Borland fairly well been doing BDO and dev tour good kid.
Fair enough. Would be a shame if someone posted something a few minutes later to counteract that.

Have no idea who beat me and Dave Pallett in the last two rounds to qualify for the WDT today, but him and his “team” were a frigging (a word used because I can’t tell the truth) disgrace. Can’t wish well for somebody like that, after already being told off by me for having conversations with his mates behind my back while I’m throwing never mind anything else, and me making a hash of a simple 4-2 win... at 3-3 with me nearly 100 up on his throw his lady friend came racing over in front of me as I was stepping up, stopped me from throwing, just to give him a double vodka red bull (which he necked, illegal in bdo rules)! Seriously!? And then 1 throw later ran across me to go back the other way. Talk about having a Gi(frigging)raffe Just been told had I stopped the game and pointed it out he would’ve been eliminated... never mind... 1 proper game away from WDT FFrigSake slightly tired of this
Oh.
Scum
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Knowledge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Oh.
Scum
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:For those with Virgin TV, I think you can watch Freesports online at tvplayer.com. Free to sign up for the freeview channels. If so, BDO should be publicising this!
:DDD: :DDD:
I know, I know, pigs are getting ready to take off at the very idea that the BDO would publicise anything properly. So, as usual, we'll have to rely on Oche on Twitter - a sad state of affairs!