Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Robson »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:One thing I dont get - We are meant to be darts fans and love the game - The BDO is a big part of the game -

You claim to be a bdo fan...prove it then and attend the event.

But you wont, like the other 7,000 cretins who laughingly call themselves fanatics, you like to spout you are a fan but wont do a single thing to prove it.
Ill be watching on Premier Sports bud -

Robson

like a small percentage of the people who call themselves fanatics who never actually attend events.
Do you attend PDC events sport - Not a BDO fan either - Im a darts fan bud - Like BDO and PDC -

Robson
malcy93
Pub Champion

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by malcy93 »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Why do they have footage of a PDC crowd, dartboard and if not mistaken a PDC player first up in the promo,there?
Looks like Bunting. Might be wrong.
Plus footage of a Lakeside from a few years ago. Odd.

At least this promo doesn't feature a random female player hitting the 7 seven segment during a scoring visit, like the one for the Isle of Man Open did last year...
Do you have the link.
Tried search YouTube but too many clips come back in search. Can you remember year as that will narrow it down.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

malcy93 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Why do they have footage of a PDC crowd, dartboard and if not mistaken a PDC player first up in the promo,there?

At least this promo doesn't feature a random female player hitting the 7 seven segment during a scoring visit, like the one for the Isle of Man Open did last year...
Do you have the link.
Tried search YouTube but too many clips come back in search. Can you remember year as that will narrow it down.
Your wish is my command :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16704&p=594014&hili ... nt#p594014
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Free soports not even showing the sat evening session thru got live kick boxing on so not all sessions on tv then

And with live ruby leauge at 4pm sat afternoon will they cut it off if over runs
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

foggs3355 wrote:Free soports not even showing the sat evening session thru got live kick boxing on so not all sessions on tv then

And with live ruby leauge at 4pm sat afternoon will they cut it off if over runs
Oh dear :D
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:Free soports not even showing the sat evening session thru got live kick boxing on so not all sessions on tv then

Oh dear :D
"Every dart live"
"All the action"
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Hopefully they don't underestimate how long matches take when hardly any legs are under 15 darts.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote:Hopefully they don't underestimate how long matches take when hardly any legs are under 15 darts.
I demand back to back 9 darters. Or I will ask for my subscription fee back. :)
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:One thing I dont get - We are meant to be darts fans and love the game - The BDO is a big part of the game -

But you wont, like the other 7,000 cretins who laughingly call themselves fanatics, you like to spout you are a fan but wont do a single thing to prove it.

Robson

like a small percentage of the people who call themselves fanatics who never actually attend events.
Do you attend PDC events sport - Not a BDO fan either - Im a darts fan bud - Like BDO and PDC -

Robson
Go take your face for a dump.
Bud

Craigmc
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ChrisW wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Hopefully they don't underestimate how long matches take when hardly any legs are under 15 darts.
I demand back to back 9 darters. Or I will ask for my subscription fee back. :)
Bit odd asking for your subscription back when it's a free channel mate.
I suggest you become more financially aware.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Ginge wrote:
malcy93 wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Do you have the link.

Thank you :)

Regarding the TV coverage of this absolute shambles.

If you check the Sky EPG it says the Saturday night session is on as a freeview on their Premier Sports channel so I take it to mean unencrypted.

However that means they lose Freeview which will be most of their potential viewers but gain Virgin customers assuming they unencrypt on there as were.

So will also be unavailable on TVPlayer online. Premier Sports have their own web stream and app but again no idea if that will be unencrypted.

I presume they have gone for the Kick Boxing as it seems a regular feature for them Sky EPG says it’s episodes 19 and 20 plus it’s live from the NEC Arena in Birmingham so sounds a big event, much more so than BDO darts.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

What a complete and utter shambles!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Have the kickboxing folk only sold an average of 28 tickets per event?
Big Jock Knew
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

craigmc wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Robson

Robson
Go take your face for a dump.
Bud

Craigmc
Charming bud -

Robson
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

The 16sec clip which is also on BDO YouTube page doesn’t show a PDC crowd nor a PDC player although it does look like Bunting’s darts flying into the board in the first shot although you can’t see the player!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

But, but, but there are 7000 people who have signed themselves up as "fanatical" about the BDO. They must have all bought tickets, being so "fanatical". Or something.

Either that or the Facebook group needs its name changing to "The Real BDO Mildly Interesteds"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:But, but, but there are 7000 people who have signed themselves up as "fanatical" about the BDO. They must have all bought tickets, being so "fanatical". Or something.

Either that or the Facebook group needs its name changing to "The Real BDO Mildly Interesteds"
Nah "The Real BDO I Only Signed Up Because Scott Mitchell Posted On Here Fanatics"

Or maybe more apt: "The Real BDO Fantasists"
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

DavidOwen67 wrote:But, but, but there are 7000 people who have signed themselves up as "fanatical" about the BDO. They must have all bought tickets, being so "fanatical". Or something.

repeating things already said on here and elsewhere multiple times ^^^
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

malcy93 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
malcy93 wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Do you have the link.

Thank you :)

Regarding the TV coverage of this absolute shambles.

If you check the Sky EPG it says the Saturday night session is on as a freeview on their Premier Sports channel so I take it to mean unencrypted.

However that means they lose Freeview which will be most of their potential viewers but gain Virgin customers assuming they unencrypt on there as were.

So will also be unavailable on TVPlayer online. Premier Sports have their own web stream and app but again no idea if that will be unencrypted.

I presume they have gone for the Kick Boxing as it seems a regular feature for them Sky EPG says it’s episodes 19 and 20 plus it’s live from the NEC Arena in Birmingham so sounds a big event, much more so than BDO darts.
Curiouser and curiouser.
Just checked the Virgin EPG for next Saturday. Premier Sports are listed as showing the darts but NOT as a freeview broadcast. Looks like it will be encrypted on Virgin but not Sky.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Give real fanatics some credit. They are not afraid of discussing the problems of the bdo and being critical when necessary. Original fanatics is bland, 'positive only' stuff, that is dying imo.

Saying that not many real fanatics are going.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.