The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote:Did someone really try and get the forum folk thrown out?
Oh yes.
Ginge
International

Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

David or Nick can correct this story, but I believe it went a bit like this:

A group of 4 (?) other lads were sharing a table with 6 of the df/tsod guys (10 others on another table)

At some point in the evening one of these other lads, inbetween games went and stood/sat on the stage and took a picture. Security told him to leave the stage and go back to his seat. A few minutes later, clearly because a man in a blue zip-up jacket has seen him go back to the df/tsod table and saw an excuse to try and get one of them ejected, security came along and asked him to leave. His mates followed him.

Unfortunate for Wayne, the men had nowt to do with the forums :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:

A group of 4 (?) other lads were sharing a table with 6 of the df/tsod guys (10 others on another table)

At some point in the evening one of these other lads, inbetween games went and stood/sat on the stage and took a picture. Security told him to leave the stage and go back to his seat. A few minutes later, clearly because a man in a blue zip-up jacket has seen him go back to the df/tsod table and saw an excuse to try and get one of them ejected, security came along and asked him to leave. His mates followed him.

Yes that is true but the occasion to which David is I think referring was in the Hotel players bar afterwards, we had been there for about 45 minutes chatting away when WW came in, saw us and within two minutes a large security guard came over and told us that he wanted us thrown out but this security fella had refused saying that they've been here and at the venue and caused no problems so he was not going to throw people out just because WW didn't like them.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:

Paddy was trying to make the kid's case with security but he said that he had been told that he had to go and there was nothing he could do.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Paulyboy supported our case if you remember
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

So basically someone should have been thrown out for jumping on stage other than that nobody was threatened or thrown out because of forums or WW.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:So basically someone should have been thrown out for jumping on stage other than that nobody was threatened or thrown out because of forums or WW.

Erm no, this guy only got thrown out once it was spotted which table he went back to, there was no issue until then.
Big Jock Knew
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:So basically someone should have been thrown out for jumping on stage other than that nobody was threatened or thrown out because of forums or WW.

Erm no, this guy only got thrown out once it was spotted which table he went back to, there was no issue until then.
Edited by admin
Last edited by BlueSpark on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post reported
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Jackie the Hat should have been banned for jumping on stage when players were on there!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

markymark wrote:

Jackie the Hat should have been banned for jumping on stage when players were on there!
Something that Paddy pointed out, I think these people were solicitors and two guys two girls, al he did was jump on the stage when it was empty, security were happy just to tell him off - until the tournament director saw which table he went and sat back down at lol.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by ifm »

The Knowledge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Edited by admin
Last edited by nikkiboy on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Edited by admin
Whoops :)
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

So this is going look worse than last years Cinema disaster. I really didnt think that was possible but it would appear that it is.
I can't see how this will go ahead, I just can't , its going to be an absolute farce. Perhaps they need to pretend there is snow or something at the venue.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:So this is going look worse than last years Cinema disaster. I really didnt think that was possible but it would appear that it is.
I can't see how this will go ahead, I just can't , its going to be an absolute farce. Perhaps they need to pretend there is snow or something at the venue.
I oredict a bigger crowd at this than the UK Open
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:So this is going look worse than last years Cinema disaster. I really didnt think that was possible but it would appear that it is.
I think that was kinda the joke, Nick.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

A slice of whoosh pie anyone?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
:roll:

I almost typed that so went for something a bit more subtle.

But then you are Welsh so I should have known.... :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:A slice of whoosh pie anyone?
How big a slice would you like?
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

oche balboa wrote:Paulyboy supported our case if you remember
Thank you oche and the little touch of thanking the bouncer on the way out was inspired !
Next day he came up to me and said what a good bunch of lads they were for thanking him .........if only he knew you properly :showbum:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

markymark wrote:

Event city. Think I was there. He doesn't post on here so he was okay!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.