BlueSpark
International

Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
markymark wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:How cheap do they want it, isnt it only a tenner already?
Preferably free.
Tight fekkers still wouldn't turn up, they talk like fanatics but wait for freebies before supporting the organisation they are fanatical about.
It is the problem with that side of the divide, they all want something for nothing.

The majority of the masters audience is just freebies and Lakeside used to be the same with Players guests and officials.

If your target audience (the self proclaimed fanatics and biggest followers of the BDO) arnt willing to pay £10 for a ticket then you either need to find a new target audience or accept your target audience isnt interested in these kind of events.
I still maintain they offer free tickets for the back rows to students unions and colleges, fill the place up and hopefully get people hooked for next year.
How about target a younger demographic and stream it on Unilad?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
markymark wrote:
Preferably free.
Tight fekkers still wouldn't turn up, they talk like fanatics but wait for freebies before supporting the organisation they are fanatical about.
It is the problem with that side of the divide, they all want something for nothing.

The majority of the masters audience is just freebies and Lakeside used to be the same with Players guests and officials.

If your target audience (the self proclaimed fanatics and biggest followers of the BDO) arnt willing to pay £10 for a ticket then you either need to find a new target audience or accept your target audience isnt interested in these kind of events.
I still maintain they offer free tickets for the back rows to students unions and colleges, fill the place up and hopefully get people hooked for next year.
How about target a younger demographic and stream it on Unilad?
They would rather go for epic bantz and have a cheeky Nandos, fam.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Blimey, somebody stirred up the anti BDO brigade.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

The same demographic who have been already taken in by the bright lights of the PDC and see this kind of darts as "old man darts", yes?
Well yes but the bar take will increase and so will the atmosphere
And therein lies the flaw in your plan.
The BDO are only interested in attracting "proper" darts fans remember.
They have no interest in appealing to the sort of hooligan who might see having a pint and enjoying themselves as a pre-requisite for a night out.
This is why I think this tournament has the Williams doing the only thing they know written all over it.

Say what you want about Des but he puts on darts events, he knows what the people on that side wants and with the events like Turkey and the new ones apparently starting up he makes money off them. BDO fans love the whole "one big family" attitude, that its not them and us its just a bunch of people on the piss together playing darts. The Turkey event is paying a few hundred quid for a holiday and spending all week together with everyone, how do you then convince those same people to pay £10 a session to sit in a stand segregated away from the players backstage and support them on stage? Its the same with the Masters, everyone supporting each other on the floor days but then you expect them to pay to sit and watch them in the final stages.

I wonder how different this event would be (if it would be even on at all) If Des took over in January like the rumors suggested.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Zapp makes am interesting point.

You read how some knock the pdc players for not mingling with the fans, say at Blackpool, whilst praising the bdo players for sitting with the fans at events like the wdt. Now I don't think the pdc players are as 'isolated' as some say but there is truth in the above distinction between the 2 organisations.

The pdc players are seen as 'stars' to a lot of folk thus those folk willing to pay to watch them. The bdo players are seen as mates thus folk are not as willing to pay.

Just a general overview but some truth in it I think
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

It is an excellent point actually
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

devosteve wrote:Zapp makes am interesting point.

You read how some knock the pdc players for not mingling with the fans, say at Blackpool, whilst praising the bdo players for sitting with the fans at events like the wdt. Now I don't think the pdc players are as 'isolated' as some say but there is truth in the above distinction between the 2 organisations.

The pdc players are seen as 'stars' to a lot of folk thus those folk willing to pay to watch them. The bdo players are seen as mates thus folk are not as willing to pay.

Just a general overview but some truth in it I think
It's spot on. The moaning that the PDC players don't mingle is just an odd criticism. Whatever major sports event you go to, do you see players who've been knocked out sat with the paying punters?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

You lot never give them a chance, just for once it would be great if you could criticise after an event has taken place..........bunch of negative trolls.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:You lot never give them a chance, just for once it would be great if you could criticise after an event has taken place..........bunch of negative trolls.
They are actually moaning that the bdo stars are approachable lol.
Even making up criticism of pdc players not being so to back it up, I'll never understand the mentality of the fanboys.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I have always said that the BDO players are much more approachable.
Had more than a couple with a few players at Lakeside over the years.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:You lot never give them a chance, just for once it would be great if you could criticise after an event has taken place..........bunch of negative trolls.
Even making up criticism of pdc players not being so to back it up, I'll never understand the mentality of the fanboys.

Guys. Seriously, why spoil good points being made with shallow points like these?

Pdc sell tickets easily. Bdo struggle. Maybe the promotion of their players is part of the answer. Maybe the strong point of the bdo is not helping.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:

Guys. Seriously, why spoil good points being made with shallow points like these?

Pdc sell tickets easily. Bdo struggle. Maybe the promotion of their players is part of the answer. Maybe the strong point of the bdo is not helping.
It's just another bdo thread hijacked by the trolls, you can't dress it up as having "good points" lol, you are what you are I'm afraid, very odd.

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:

Who is moaning that the BDO stars are approachable?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

No more news on this yet.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ole Devo Steve lives on another planet if he can't see the damage he is doing with his negative posts stealthily slagging the BDO at every opportunity, him and his trolling type spread the negativity throughout the internet then act surprised and innocent when a competition struggles, they keep harping on about the inadequacies of the BDO but in reality it's they who are the problem.

""The BDO players are more friendlier and approachable than there counterparts, that's why the BDO is struggling" do you lot actually read the shit you post.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If one tiny insignificant forum can damage an organisation, they are fekked :D
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, I see the venue were pushing an exbo in November on their FB page yesterday.

Priorities, eh?
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:If one tiny insignificant forum can damage an organisation, they are fekked :D
It's not just here he spreads the devils message on facebook pages as well.......
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0569.PNG
IMG_0569.PNG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 419 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They still havent bothered to fix the 2nd poster then which doesnt confirm how much losing womens quarter finalists get.
Big Jock Knew