RIP Eric Bristow

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: RIP Eric Bristow

Post by Lee Taylor »

Sort of agree with Gary. Nice touch naming a trophy after him (the least they could do) but the Grand Slam seems an odd choice. I guess, in reality, what other tournament was there but the GS has no relevance in my opinion.

Would be a nice touch if the BDO followed suit and named their World’s (currently Lakeside) in his honour...
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Played in both codes. So a trophy involving both makes sense.
Surprised the PDC didn't go for a bigger major though.

Would be a nice gesture if the BDO named a trophy after Eric.
Perhaps the WDT coming up.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Lee Taylor wrote:Sort of agree with Gary. Nice touch naming a trophy after him (the least they could do) but the Grand Slam seems an odd choice. I guess, in reality, what other tournament was there but the GS has no relevance in my opinion.

Would be a nice touch if the BDO followed suit and named their World’s (currently Lakeside) in his honour...

you cant agree with me.

Ssjsa has decided he was speaking for the rest of the forum, that is the arrogance of him.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:Sort of agree with Gary. Nice touch naming a trophy after him (the least they could do) but the Grand Slam seems an odd choice. I guess, in reality, what other tournament was there but the GS has no relevance in my opinion.

you cant agree with me.

Ssjsa has decided he was speaking for the rest of the forum, that is the arrogance of him.
I’m a free spirit Sir, I say it how I see it, I don’t agree or disagree with everything a certain person says just because of who they are.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:

you cant agree with me.

Have to say I have nothing but admiration and respect for your new found humility. If I had been subject to being put on a pre mod status, my self respect would dictate that I did not post under those constraints. Clearly your previous assertion that "ye need me more than I need you" has been replaced with a realisation that "you need us more than we need ye". ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

ssjsa wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

you cant agree with me.

Have to say I have nothing but admiration and respect for your new found humility. If I had been subject to being put on a pre mod status, my self respect would dictate that I did not post under those constraints. Clearly your previous assertion that "ye need me more than I need you" has been replaced with a realisation that "you need us more than we need ye". ;-)
Translated.: if you were me you would leave which is what I want but have nothing to ban you for, even if you laugh at me elsewhere

however thankfully I am nothing like you and do not conform.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:The Grand slam trophy been named after the great man.
I do find that a wee bit hypocritical tbh as he was dropped like a stone as a pundit when his tweets didn't meet Sky's politically correct ethos, the same people who condemned and dumped him for his 'dated' views are falling over themselves to tell the world how he will be missed.
Eric said what he wanted, always did so they knew what they were employing beforehand, just my opinion on the PC brigade.

Of course he should have his name on a trophy, just not one played on Sky.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

God imagine if the Lakeside trophy was named after him, the Fanatics would have a hernia.

"Unloyal scum" etc etc...
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well they wouldn’t Ginge
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RIP Eric Bristow

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Well they wouldn’t Ginge
It's a good job they didn't listen to one of the Fanatics suggestion to rename the trophy after Fatz :D
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Eric Bristow BDO World Championships.

That would be fitting.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Lee Taylor wrote:Eric Bristow BDO World Championships.

That would be fitting.
It would but given his comments on the bdo in recent years I doubt he would of been happy with it
Little Lonely Garry
International

Lee Taylor wrote:Eric Bristow BDO World Championships.

That would be fitting.
aye...both eric and the bdo are dead
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BDO still going Gaz.....
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

oche balboa wrote:BDO still going Gaz.....
In the context gaz was on about yes it's still alive but it's on life support, there is a DNR clipped to the bed, the relatives are in it's house dividing up its belongings, the priest is outside the ward clutching a Bible and the undertaker is measuring up as we speak.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Maybe I have missed something here but the oddest part of this whole thing is the lack of comment etc from Phil Taylor. I know they had a fall out re the double/cheat scandal thing but you'd have thought in the aftermath of Eric's death the man who made himself a multi millionaire on the back of Eric's generosity would have a little more to say about the death of his former mentor. Have I missed something?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote:Maybe I have missed something here but the oddest part of this whole thing is the lack of comment etc from Phil Taylor. I know they had a fall out re the double/cheat scandal thing but you'd have thought in the aftermath of Eric's death the man who made himself a multi millionaire on the back of Eric's generosity would have a little more to say about the death of his former mentor. Have I missed something?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5992648/ ... tow-death/
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Maybe the love was gone after "Phil and the girls"?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ChrisW wrote:
Murphio wrote:Maybe I have missed something here but the oddest part of this whole thing is the lack of comment etc from Phil Taylor. I know they had a fall out re the double/cheat scandal thing but you'd have thought in the aftermath of Eric's death the man who made himself a multi millionaire on the back of Eric's generosity would have a little more to say about the death of his former mentor. Have I missed something?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5992648/ ... tow-death/
Ah, fair enough. I had missed that. Nice words from Phil - I retract that above post.
Little Lonely Garry
International

nikkiboy wrote:
oche balboa wrote:BDO still going Gaz.....
In the context gaz was on about yes it's still alive but it's on life support, there is a DNR clipped to the bed, the relatives are in it's house dividing up its belongings, the priest is outside the ward clutching a Bible and the undertaker is measuring up as we speak.
My point was the bdo "world pro" is dead.
Only a deluded imbecile considers that a true world championships.

Some say it died the day of the split, some even think it was when Barney left, but the reality is today other than the 6 figure pay check, it has zero credibility.
Christian kist won it ffs. the same pdc jobber who went from october last year to almost april this year without a single win in the PDC