BICC 21-22 April 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
thecat
Steady Sixties

Re: BICC 21-22 April 2018

Post by thecat »

Maybe Yorkshire should be split into two teams? Maybe West Yorkshire / Yorkshire
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BICC 21-22 April 2018

Post by Ginge »

thecat wrote:Maybe Yorkshire should be split into two teams? Maybe West Yorkshire / Yorkshire
Why, because they keep winning?

Don't talk daft.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
thecat wrote:Maybe Yorkshire should be split into two teams? Maybe West Yorkshire / Yorkshire

Don't talk daft.
Yorkshire is NOT a county, North Yorks, South Yorks, West Yorks and East Riding so why is it daft?

The "county" championships?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BICC 21-22 April 2018

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Don't talk daft.
Yorkshire is NOT a county, North Yorks, South Yorks, West Yorks and East Riding so why is it daft?

On that basis I agree, but Cleveland is no longer a county just to pluck another example from the mix. You can't just split a team up only because they keep winning :D

Greater Manchester has no team either. Nothing stopping someone starting one I guess, a new team popped up in Scotland a few years back.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BICC 21-22 April 2018

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Don't talk daft.

On that basis I agree, but Cleveland is no longer a county just to pluck another example from the mix. You can't just split a team up only because they keep winning :D

Greater Manchester has no team either. Nothing stopping someone starting one I guess, a new team popped up in Scotland a few years back.
Maybe Das has a revamp in mind when he takes over, Lincolnshire absorbs 43 other counties :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Don't talk daft.

That's interesting, didn't know that, must be tough logistically to play superleague.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

McGeeney told me the Yorkshire county venue was closer to his house than the Lancs one despite living in Lancs.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Far too late to change it now, teams have historical names. No different to Yorkshire Cricket Club, nobody would seriously suggest they had to disband and split into 3/4 seperate sides. Or to tell Middlesex they had to close completely :D
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:McGeeney told me the Yorkshire county venue was closer to his house than the Lancs one despite living in Lancs.
The Yorkshire county venue is just behind xscape in glasshoughton so dunno where he lives

The Yorkshire venue is closer to me than the humberside and Lincolnshire venues
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:McGeeney told me the Yorkshire county venue was closer to his house than the Lancs one despite living in Lancs.
The Yorkshire county venue is just behind xscape in glasshoughton so dunno where he lives

The Yorkshire venue is closer to me than the humberside and Lincolnshire venues
If you lived in parts of Rochdale it's probably slightly quicker get to there than it is to Wigan, as an example.
Big Jock Knew
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

Yorkshire is already split. Humberside is not a county.
Although with a population greater than the country of Wales to pick players from, it's hardly a level playing field.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

He was telling lies then.
You can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO,
mrsj180
Brass Darts

Post by mrsj180 »

Went on 9th today knocked in a 30 average looking good for player of the weekend until Allan Edwards goes and knocks in a 33 5 minutes later hadn’t even got chance to sit down :grin: think Cleveland need a Huge result now to stay up after this weekend gonna be tough.
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

mrsj180 wrote:Went on 9th today knocked in a 30 average looking good for player of the weekend until Allan Edwards goes and knocks in a 33 5 minutes later hadn’t even got chance to sit down :grin: think Cleveland need a Huge result now to stay up after this weekend gonna be tough.
How much did you win?
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

The Knowledge wrote:
mrsj180 wrote:Went on 9th today knocked in a 30 average looking good for player of the weekend until Allan Edwards goes and knocks in a 33 5 minutes later hadn’t even got chance to sit down :grin: think Cleveland need a Huge result now to stay up after this weekend gonna be tough.
How much did you win?
Im guessing 3lb of sausages and a joint of beef was just missed out on.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

foggy wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
How much did you win?
I think it's £700 or £800.

Madsocks
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

I was just suggesting it because it’s the biggest county...a big pool of players and they have a huge squad. No need to jump in saying I’m ‘talking daft’ maybe a shake up would make the bicc more competitive
The Knowledge
The Ton Club

Post by The Knowledge »

ifm wrote:
foggy wrote:
The Knowledge wrote:
How much did you win?
I think it's £700 or £800.
You think wrong.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

thecat wrote:I was just suggesting it because it’s the biggest county...a big pool of players and they have a huge squad. No need to jump in saying I’m ‘talking daft’ maybe a shake up would make the bicc more competitive
Should Real Madrid and Barcelona be split up?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
thecat wrote:I was just suggesting it because it’s the biggest county...a big pool of players and they have a huge squad. No need to jump in saying I’m ‘talking daft’ maybe a shake up would make the bicc more competitive
Should Real Madrid and Barcelona be split up?
They already are.