The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by ChrisW »

Talking of silent members. Where's Zeyes these days.
Miss his dry humour.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:He does seem to have a lot of people running around talking about him even when he is not posting.
Aww you missing him? xxx
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:He does seem to have a lot of people running around talking about him even when he is not posting.
Aww you missing him? xxx
Definltely not! :)
Nice to have a breather.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Ginge wrote:Probably viewing the forum as a guest now to see his haul in this thread. Can we get this thread moved to a section of the forum you have to be logged in to read?
There isn't one is there?
Time to create one specially for this thread :D
Get an admin to create one :grin:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:Probably viewing the forum as a guest now to see his haul in this thread.
Think you give him too much credit Ginge. My take on his post, is that he was pissed up on the Fusilier, and was hugely embarrassed upon reading it back once he sobered up.

No doubt he will be back articulating exactly what you implied, but the "I was joking, and you lot are all in my net" response holds no credibility as far as I am concerned.
Attachments
chewin_post_fusilier_milkman.jpg
chewin_post_fusilier_milkman.jpg (30.12 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Keep fighting the good fight Ian.

Not many of us left.
UKDA 4 Life
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Forum seems alive and kicking at the moment!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

This forum was being killed by just one poster and it was being done deliberately to feed his own massive ego and
narcissism. The mods, who are all good guys, knew it was happening and yet did very little to stop it. I couldn't be bothered reading it any more let alone contributing. If he has gone he won't be missed. And I for one will be back posting again. Life is too short to be bothered arguing the toss with the likes of him.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:This forum was being killed by just one poster and it was being done deliberately to feed his own massive ego and
narcissism. The mods, who are all good guys, knew it was happening and yet did very little to stop it. I couldn't be bothered reading it any more let alone contributing. If he has gone he won't be missed. And I for one will be back posting again. Life is too short to be bothered arguing the toss with the likes of him.
Come back Ian all is forgiven.... :IIII: :IIII: :grin: :grin:

Nice to have you back Murph :headbang:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

nikkiboy wrote:
Murphio wrote:This forum was being killed by just one poster and it was being done deliberately to feed his own massive ego and

:grin: :headbang:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

:grin: :headbang:
Yes, welcome back, Murph. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

BlueSpark wrote:
Skewball wrote:Could be that merging forums could be the way forward??

I am not a fan of df for two main reasons , firstly it was just too full of crap , puerile one liners that makes threads impossible to follow and unless you followed them religiously or have exactly the same sense of humour then the threads are impossible to keep up with.
Secondly the formatting, pictures etc made it impossible for me to look in at work.

And the language, I mean really? how old are these posters!

Anyway, if there could be proper sections and attempts by mods to keep certain threads as 'df' type threads slightly seperate/ or obviously identifiable then perhaps it is needed for the future of Darts Forums?..

I'm lost whether this is the thread the subject came up on!
+1
Still counting ticket sales of BDO events?
UKDA 4 Life
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

I do not give a toss about being on premod, but consider why I was put on it,
Then look at IFM who can abuse people, spam and troll non stop, even to the point where his posts are constantly edited by mods, yet the same mods who IFM cries about allow IFM to carry on without any action against him.
Likewise with Oche who has posts constantly edited

None of these get put on premod, and they are the same people crying about the mods who have given them far more leeway.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

He isn’t missed.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

He is very much needed. For every ying there needs to be a yang
UKDA 4 Life
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:

Then look at IFM who can abuse people, spam and troll non stop, even to the point where his posts are constantly edited by mods, yet the same mods who IFM cries about allow IFM to carry on without any action against him.

None of these get put on premod, and they are the same people crying about the mods who have given them far more leeway.

It is what it is, don’t lose any sleep over it.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:He is very much needed. For every ying there needs to be a yang
We need him as much as a woodpecker needs a rubber beak.
The days where a village ain't complete without the drooling idiot are long gone.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Duterprat wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:He is very much needed. For every ying there needs to be a yang
The days where a village ain't complete without the drooling idiot are long gone.
No offence but which one of you vanillas is going to provide the entertainment??
UKDA 4 Life
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Duterprat wrote:
Let's not get hasty, still plenty of those on here.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

It is what it is, don’t lose any sleep over it.
I can assure you I never lose sleep over anything in darts let alone this forum that has seen members publicly state they are leaving or that they wont post anymore over IFM, mods etc.

You dont post for months on end, then show up, spam a load of threads , involve yourself in threads about the forum being quiet, then disappear for months yourself.
]You are now back again, will probably last til the weekend and be gone for months, and you are one of the mods.
It is what it is.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time