This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Post by Ginge »

Is The Knowledge continually slating members of this forum, Paul?
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Post by Black Velvet »

:D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Hirsti wrote:He was when it was about Darts like the write up he did about his challange tour weekend
I am very disappointed in what ifm became tbh, he was a great poster but all of a sudden had this persecution complex and each and every thread ended uo the same.
In honesty we should have done something sooner but too much benefit of the doubt given to him for past glories so to speak.

Onwards and upwards
Agree Nikki but is the Knowledges posting style different to IFM's !! Both confrontational and both tedious ! But The Knowledge is seemingly allowed to run amok as he slates the BDO and all that play in the system , ffs we know the BDO has plenty of faults but it's players don't warrant the shite they are given by the Knowledge .
I try to give a balanced view of BDO darts with all its faults .
The knowledge has been banned several times and still gets edited quite often but a bit like JC he comes up with salient points but for some reason cannot type a complete sentence without a swear word or abuse, sad really. He'll go over the top and get banned again I'm sure but his love of all things EDO really shines through :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Now IFM isn't here to report posts, without The Knowledge around, there would be nothing to moderate.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Hirsti wrote:He was when it was about Darts like the write up he did about his challange tour weekend
I am very disappointed in what ifm became tbh, he was a great poster but all of a sudden had this persecution complex and each and every thread ended uo the same.
In honesty we should have done something sooner but too much benefit of the doubt given to him for past glories so to speak.

Onwards and upwards
Agree Nikki but is the Knowledges posting style different to IFM's !! Both confrontational and both tedious ! But The Knowledge is seemingly allowed to run amok as he slates the BDO and all that play in the system , ffs we know the BDO has plenty of faults but it's players don't warrant the shite they are given by the Knowledge .
I try to give a balanced view of BDO darts with all its faults .
As Much as agree that he goes a bit ott at times there isnt really any rules hes breaking by slating the BDO every post.

If he bothers you that much Paul just block him
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

As for the state of the forum, its actually been enjoyable for the last week or so.

Cant speak for anyone else but IFM had drained any interest that I had in this forum out of me, cant say I'm disappointed that he has decided to stop posting.

Hopefully a few others come back now. Forums are pretty much dead on the internet, Reddit and Facebook groups are to thank for that, but I still prefer forums for small communities like darts.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The forum is great, always will be posters that just read. Never understood why tbh, but here you are.
I see the same posters browsing hidden and loads of guests, we don't bite ffs :grin:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Shite since Ifm left.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

:grin:
Booji Boy wrote:Shite since Ifm left.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Bluespark went on a bender when he heard about IFM

“Imagine what I would do if he died” as he sunk his 10th pint
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote:The forum is great, always will be posters that just read. Never understood why tbh, but here you are.
I see the same posters browsing hidden and loads of guests, we don't bite ffs :grin:
Agree that we have a great forum, but I can understand why some of our readers are reticent to become regular posters.

I guess it can seem that seasoned posters are quick to criticise and even ridicule posts made on the forum.

All, I would say, is don't be put off. Many of our most prolific posters have been previous lurkers, so the best advice I can give is just go for it, don't let your first negative response put you off.

Oh and Ginge, leave the new posters the fuck alone. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

oche balboa wrote:Bluespark went on a bender when he heard about IFM

The obsession continues.
What a bizarre post.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Bluespark went on a bender when he heard about IFM

The obsession continues.
What a bizarre post.
Really bizarre, it's obvious what you'd do if he died - you'd take your foot off his head :)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

IFM posts of "how was work"
"the mods have a vendetta against me.."
Anti bdo brigade,... bdo hatred,.....anti bdo bias...etc
and his name calling towards anyone that dared offer an opinion on anything has not been missed.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Much better without the ifm of the last 12-18 months. I still check in several times a day, it is the place I use for my darts news.

Always quieter this time of year until Matchplay starts then it slowly picks up again for the rest of the year.

Seems many "darts fans" have lost interest in the PL. It is now just a huge exhibition, when it started with the smaller venues the crowd were better, what worries me is that in the last 5-10 years the PL spectators have have started attending the majors. Only Blackpool seems to have largely escaped the influx.
Thinking of one.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Haven't watched a minute of it. Only know the results from the prediction comp.
gm180
Pub Champion

Post by gm180 »

Because seasoned poster just ridicule new posters who try to make valid points, its like they are scared of new people, so they scare them away by trying to make fun of them. I would love to have a bit banter and chat on here but the same few people always have to come up with silly responses, and at the end of the day who needs to put up with that eh. Plus has MVG won this yet isn't funny anymore
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

gm180 wrote:Because seasoned poster just ridicule new posters who try to make valid points, its like they are scared of new people, so they scare them away by trying to make fun of them. I would love to have a bit banter and chat on here but the same few people always have to come up with silly responses, and at the end of the day who needs to put up with that eh. Plus has MVG won this yet isn't funny anymore
Can you name the posters who got ridiculed and scared away?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote:
gm180 wrote:Because seasoned poster just ridicule new posters who try to make valid points, its like they are scared of new people, so they scare them away by trying to make fun of them. I would love to have a bit banter and chat on here but the same few people always have to come up with silly responses, and at the end of the day who needs to put up with that eh. Plus has MVG won this yet isn't funny anymore
Ifm
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ChrisW wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Ifm
:DDD: