This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Post by Lee Taylor »

Murphio wrote:I'm here Chris. :WWWW: What with working my stones off at two jobs and a four month old baby I'm flat out. Will get to posting more regularly.
Looking forward to you posting more Murph - and massive congratulations on the newborn too!
foggy
Superleague Player

Re: This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Post by foggy »

Lee Taylor wrote:
foggy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:Hi All,

I have just started posting again regularly, after many months of not posting (generally due to a busy family/work life)

I have noticed that the place seems to be a much happier place than when I was posting a few months ago?

Another thing I have noticed is that there are a MASSIVE number of members browsing the forum, but not actually posting and getting involved in the discussion.

Please be as brutally honest as you like, but I would be intrigued to know what it would take for some of you ‘non posters’ to get involved?

Over to you.....!

Thanks!
Personally im here most days browsing i dont post much as i have been there done that on another forum a few years ago and quite frankly it took over my life, every forum needs its stand out characters and im sure they all have them some more than others, this is the only darts forum i now use and find it good for info and also a laugh with the stand outs.

Good to hear you are still here Foggs!

If you could find it in you to start posting a bit I’m sure we’d all appreciate it mate.
I will post when I feel the need to Lee like I said I’m not going back to the rule my life situation which I’m sure with the number of posts some have on here it is ruling there’s but hey each to there own, I quite enjoy sitting back and reading the posts, a lot of posters on here are very knowledgeable (far more than me) regarding the game and contribute a great deal others don’t but it is on occasions quite humorous but also offensive to read depending how it’s taken by the reader, the balance between the two is the tricky thing.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Hi guys, hope you are all well.

So can someone give me a brief run down on what happened to ifm?

Can’t say I’m disappointed :)
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: This forum - your opinion please, especially those that don’t usually post!!

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:Hi guys, hope you are all well.

Just see his final post. He either melted down or it's one big whoosh
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Quick synopsis:

Ifm started a thread titled "The death of a forum" whilst clearly pissed out of his mind on The Fusilier.

It was a diatribe of complete and total pish, and upon sobering up and realising what an arse he had made of himself, flounced off on Saturday 28th April, never to be heard of again. Forum has been great since with old posters coming back in their droves. Happy days.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ssjsa wrote:

Quick synopsis:

Ifm started a thread titled "The death of a forum" whilst clearly pissed out of his mind on The Fusilier.

It was a diatribe of complete and total pish, and upon sobering up and realising what an arse he had made of himself, flounced off on Saturday 28th April, never to be heard of again. Forum has been great since with old posters coming back. Happy days.
Great stuff. :)
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Forum certainly seems to be in a good place!

Hi Dave :WWWW:
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Lee Taylor wrote:Forum certainly seems to be in a good place!

Hi mate ;)
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

spaceman70 wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:Forum certainly seems to be in a good place!

Hi mate ;)
Long time no speak - hope all good in your world?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Fuzzball wrote:
The Crusader wrote:Good one. You will know that chat picks up when matchplay starts then.

Bad news is I will be around to post as told kids we cant go on our hols until aftet it.
Awe poor kids lol, told mine the exact Same!

I've noticed chat picks up around the matchplay, I will be in Blackpool watching and supporting my husband.

Hopefully some good banter on here for it
Hope James does well. Big fan of him, and with a good draw, well capable of springing a surprise or two at the Winter Gardens.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

ssjsa wrote:

Quick synopsis:

It was a diatribe of complete and total pish, and upon sobering up and realising what an arse he had made of himself, flounced off on Saturday 28th April, never to be heard of again. Forum has been great since with old posters coming back in their droves. Happy days.
One day there will be myths and legends about this horrid creature from the ancient past, a ghoulish monstrosity goaded by hatred, fusilier and too much spare time that spawns to hijack and derail every thread if people do not behave - the forums very own version of the Ravenous_Bugblatter_Beast_of_Traal.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Duterprat wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Quick synopsis:

One day there will be myths and legends about this horrid creature from the ancient past, a ghoulish monstrosity goaded by hatred, fusilier and too much spare time that spawns to hijack and derail every thread if people do not behave - the forums very own version of the Ravenous_Bugblatter_Beast_of_Traal.
I'm listening to the radio series again, fantastic stuff.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Great to see so many members commentating on this thread - please all get stuck into the other threads!
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Long time lurker first time poster

I think this forum needs more balance - Some on here follow the BDO just to laugh at it - Do people go to a League 2 game and laugh just because it hasn't sold as many tickets as Barcelona vs Manchester Utd - Doesn't make sense does it - Andy Hamilton made the final of a BDO event at the weekend and posters on here found it funny for some reason - Was it funny when Daryl Gurney won a PDC major when he won nothing in the BDO - Yeah the PDC has the better players at the minute but theres not much in it - Durrant Mitchell and McGeeney are just as good as Wright Chisnell and Whitlock - Its the excitement that makes a good darts match anyway not the averages - Some of the best games you will see happen down at your local or at county level - I like watching darts at all levels and in all codes - And a good beer to watch it with -

See you at the darts -

Robson
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Robson wrote:Long time lurker first time poster

I think this forum needs more balance - Some on here follow the BDO just to laugh at it - Do people go to a League 2 game and laugh just because it hasn't sold as many tickets as Barcelona vs Manchester Utd - Doesn't make sense does it - Andy Hamilton made the final of a BDO event at the weekend and posters on here found it funny for some reason - Was it funny when Daryl Gurney won a PDC major when he won nothing in the BDO - Yeah the PDC has the better players at the minute but theres not much in it - Durrant Mitchell and McGeeney are just as good as Wright Chisnell and Whitlock - Its the excitement that makes a good darts match anyway not the averages - Some of the best games you will see happen down at your local or at county level - I like watching darts at all levels and in all codes - And a good beer to watch it with -

See you at the darts -

Robson
Welcome aboard!

Great post, and couldn’t agree more!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

See you at the darts -

Robson
Oh look Team, a new pet.
Big Jock Knew
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Lee Taylor wrote:

See you at the darts -

Robson
Welcome aboard!

Great post, and couldn’t agree more!
Thanks for the warm welcome Lee -

Robson
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Hi tgmiveld
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:Hi tgmiveld
I for one am glad he is signing his name at the bottom of his posts, I would be struggling to work out who typed it otherwise.

Hang on, I better lay off the newbie or ChrisW will be seething again....
Big Jock Knew
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

You lot are as mad as the mad hatter with mad hatter disease - Lol have a tall and cold one on the house -

Robson