Visa issues Cadby

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by ssjsa »

Snoopdougydoug wrote:At the risk of being different I really hope he gets a Visa and gets back to playing Darts in the UK and playing in the big events.

I love darts and think we need the best players from all corners of the world playing in the big events and I think Cadby is or at least has the potential to be one of the best players around.

Darts needs to expand globally to keep growing and be the sport I know it can be but I do worry that it will be slowed down by players not being able to play in the UK and Brexit is only going to make things worse.

I know Cadby was a naughty boy and there need to be punishment for crimes but when the best players miss the big tournaments (like the worlds) it does take take something away from the tournament.

Having said all that it's not looking good!!
Think most darts fans would agree with you, in that we want to see such a talented player as Cadby playing in the tv tournaments.

I was fortunate enough to be sitting at a table right in front of the stage when Corey played Gerwyn Price at the WSOD finals last year, and the atmosphere was electric. Video below shows this (Apologies on behalf of whoever applied the text accompanying the video) :grin: .

Clearly a very talented player, and will be a huge miss in the tv tournaments, but I guess he has made his bed, and is now suffering the consequences of his actions.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

2nd chance folks. come on.

Some of us have been stupid when younger. Never been in prison but at least 6 times in the minor courts. Weekend (found not gulity) and nights in the cells.

cadby trying to turn his life around!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I think it’s a sad state of affairs. Yes, he did wrong but he shouldn’t continue to be punished having completed his punished prescribed by law. It is no rehabilitation to deny someone the right to work.

Clearly Cadby is a talented player and it’s a shame that it may never be realised.

That said, this is international immigration. The world isn’t fair. On the flip side, of a Brit was in the same situation travelling to Oz his visa would’ve been rejected a long time ago. I am no fan of the hostile environment as led by the Home Office, but there are many many others that will be in the same position.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:What has he supposed to have done? or is that information not available.
Its common knowledge

https://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/31 ... o-custody/

Also I suspect he wasnt in the UK on the correct visa the first time, which wont go in his favour.
Wasn’t it more then this
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

He was linked to some armed robberies in Weribee(sic), at Mc'ds. There was a court case involving the main players but still unable to find out what his part really was.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Wonder if Cadby will go to the WSOD finals. He hasn’t pulled out of it yet. Which is the weekend before the Youth Finals on the Monday. So already in europe.

As he hasn’t pulled out. He must have his passport back. Not having his passport was the reason given for not going to Auckland. Which would mean visa denied to come to the uk.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

The Jolly Man wrote:Wonder if Cadby will go to the WSOD finals. He hasn’t pulled out of it yet. Which is the weekend before the Youth Finals on the Monday. So already in europe.

As he hasn’t pulled out. He must have his passport back. Not having his passport was the reason given for not going to Auckland. Which would mean visa denied to come to the uk.
Cadby has pulled out for the World Youth Championship though.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

WSOD finals are in Austria so will need a Schengen Visa (EU ex UK and Ireland). So nothing to do with British government as Austria would need to issue as that is his main location for visit.

Obviously would need his passport back from UK authorities to get that visa.

I said much earlier in this thread that if he does get the Schengen Visa he should ignore UK and Ireland events and play the ET plus other events in Europe like the World Cup assuming he can get to #2 Australian in OOM behind Whitlock.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

malcy93 wrote:WSOD finals are in Austria so will need a Schengen Visa (EU ex UK and Ireland). So nothing to do with British government as Austria would need to issue as that is his main location for visit.

Obviously would need his passport back from UK authorities to get that visa.

I said much earlier in this thread that if he does get the Schengen Visa he should ignore UK and Ireland events and play the ET plus other events in Europe like the World Cup assuming he can get to #2 Australian in OOM behind Whitlock.
Great idea, play in European events that he can’t qualify for as he can’t get to the qualifying events.

Even if the pdc changed the rules and let him qualify from the European qualifier what does he do between events fly back to Australia every time?

Anyway. He must have his passport back otherwise he would have been in the same position as the World Youths, an event he has already pulled out of.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Kyla Anderson also had a lot of problems with his visa for a long period. Maybe there's more to in then Cadby's problems with the law? Or am I mistaken on this?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He has now "broken his left arm". As an aside, would he have needed a visa to have got into Austria?

Big Jock Knew
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Ginge wrote:He has now "broken his left arm". As an aside, would he have needed a visa to have got into Austria?

Still think he has a VISA problem though. Price can play darts while having an achilles injury, but Cadby can't play with a broken left hand, while he is right-handed?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I see you are skeptical as well. Not just me, then.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

I love the level of detail they go into: "Corey Cadby has withdrawn from the 2018 Bwin World Series Finals after breaking his left arm as a passenger in a car accident"

Why not just go the whole hog and add "so he definitely wasn't driving and was not at fault in any way, and this injury is definitely not the result of a drunken street brawl"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Assuming there is even an injury to begin with, of course.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Cynic
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Chris Mason has pulled out of the UK Open for "personal reasons". He has 100% definitely not just been arrested at the venue as a result of an outstanding warrant"
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I disagree with bradders over Cadby
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well I dunno how I will sleep at night now.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Well I dunno how I will sleep at night now.
Face down normally :showbum:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am