Visa issues Cadby

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:Why would Cadby have been allowed a visa when he was in the UK for GSoD, Lakeside, UK Open but having issues now?
Is it because he is a sc*mbag?
Last edited by Ginge on Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by Rotwein »

pranu180 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:If this was an issue, surely he would’ve been refused entry immediately. Was Cadby using a tourist visa when he clearly wasn’t a tourist?

This is what really pisses me off. This is what the manager should be doing, not creaming off the player in every other way.
You are a complete numpty if you knew Corey’s manager you would know how stupid your remark is .
That being said Corey's manager manages Kyle Anderson too.
Was Kyle Anderson´s visa problem due to similar issues?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

So I’m a numpty am I? And am I right?

Any tour card holder should be eligible for a work visa/permit sponsored by the PDC, no?

Choose to cut corners and you cause more problems for yourself. Surely as a professional player you should take all steps necessary to protect your livelihood.
pranu180
Brass Darts

Post by pranu180 »

Rotwein wrote:
pranu180 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:If this was an issue, surely he would’ve been refused entry immediately. Was Cadby using a tourist visa when he clearly wasn’t a tourist?

This is what really pisses me off. This is what the manager should be doing, not creaming off the player in every other way.
You are a complete numpty if you knew Corey’s manager you would know how stupid your remark is .
Yes, on similar lines, except for the fact that he isn't had a criminal charge.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

From the PDPA website:

Email: nigel.mawer@thedra.co.uk Phone: +44 7973 989XXX (numbers removed) Click here: https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/visas/

Tier 2 Sportsmans Visa:

If you are a player from outside the EU and you have a PDC Tour Card you can get a Tier 2 Sportsmans Visa for the duration of your tour card.

What you need to do is contact Nigel Mawer (As Above) and he will issue a Certificate of Sponsorship, this is a fixed fee to UK Borders at a cost of £199, UK Borders will then issue Nigel Mawer with a Migrant Endorsement. He will then issue the player with a letter with the relevant references, then player can then apply for the Tier 2 visa.

If you are a player coming to the UK to play in UK Q-School you should come on a visitor visa. If you then obtains a tour card you can go through the proces to obtain a Tier 2 visa when your visitor visa expires.
Tier 5 Sportsmans Visa:

There is also a Tier 5 Sportsmans Visa, which any Non Tour Card Holder could apply for if you were going to regularly enter and exit the UK for the Challenge/Development Tour. This type of Visa is more difficult to access with UK Borders, as they are much more reluctant to issue such visas.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

pranu180 wrote:
Rotwein wrote:
pranu180 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Yes, on similar lines, except for the fact that he isn't had a criminal charge.
Thanks pranu180! That was my point: Never heared anything about a criminal charge so I wonder why getting a visa was a problem for Kyle. Cant be financial reasons as he earned enough money... And Whitlock didnt face any problems when moving to UK, did he?
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

What criminal conviction is he supposed to have?
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

According to The Advocate in 2015 Cadby was taken into custody. It said "A warrant had been issued by police for the arrest of Cadby, wanted for failing to appear in court, theft and numerous other alleged offences."
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Theft.
Oh dear.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rotwein wrote:According to The Advocate in 2015 Cadby was taken into custody. It said "A warrant had been issued by police for the arrest of Cadby, wanted for failing to appear in court, theft and numerous other alleged offences."
Sounds like a lovely young man, just the type of chap we want in the UK. Sounds harsh but if he cannot get a visa due to these arrests then he only has himself to blame and should have though about that before breaking the law.

The link to the Police facebook page made me laugh, obviously well liked in the area:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... WMMqbaXYI7

Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rotwein wrote:According to The Advocate in 2015 Cadby was taken into custody. It said "A warrant had been issued by police for the arrest of Cadby, wanted for failing to appear in court, theft and numerous other alleged offences."
Sounds like a lovely young man, just the type of chap we want in the UK. Sounds harsh but if he cannot get a visa due to these arrests then he only has himself to blame and should have though about that before breaking the law.

The link to the Police facebook page made me laugh, obviously well liked in the area:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... WMMqbaXYI7

Doesn't look good at all. But think it's ridiculous not to give people chances to better their lives. Don't know how many he's had obviously.
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

Agree with you, I hope he gets his chance to play darts at the tour. But I wonder why his management wasnt prepared for that, cant be a surprise for them? Isn´t it part of the managers job to sort this kind of problems out for the player?
pranu180
Brass Darts

Post by pranu180 »

Rotwein wrote:Agree with you, I hope he gets his chance to play darts at the tour. But I wonder why his management wasnt prepared for that, cant be a surprise for them? Isn´t it part of the managers job to sort this kind of problems out for the player?
Coversely, neither Whitlock nor Corrine Hammond have any visa issues.
Reinier
The Ton Club

Post by Reinier »

Or Cody Harris and Devon Petersen.
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

Do those players have a different management or simply no criminal records? :IIII:
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

This would be a bit of a blow for the PDC if this isn't resolved quickly as he looked a genuine challenger to the top ranks.

The criminal past is not a bar in itself to being a pro dart player (and seems he has turned it around since then) but totally different matter in the eyes of immigration. Once crimes are spent it shouldn't be a big issue but this sounds a few years down the line with the crimes only 2+ years ago. Probably going to need help from the Australiaian government to get it resolved quickly.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Canuck_bully wrote:This would be a bit of a blow for the PDC if this isn't resolved quickly as he looked a genuine challenger to the top ranks.

The criminal past is not a bar in itself to being a pro dart player (and seems he has turned it around since then) but totally different matter in the eyes of immigration. Once crimes are spent it shouldn't be a big issue but this sounds a few years down the line with the crimes only 2+ years ago. Probably going to need help from the Australiaian government to get it resolved quickly.
We have let in Aussies before that had a criminal record:

The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

No sympathy from me. Criminal who's played the system using wrong visa probably, been found out and is paying the price.

Only himself to blame.
Thinking of one.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Yep I agree with Crusader
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Gotta love an assumption.