Lincs player gets the boot

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player

Re: Lincs player gets the boot

Post by el_ringo »

WCDPA wrote:
Her room is sponsored and no I don’t pay sweet FA towards it , I also attend both BDO and England meeting as an Oxfordshire delegate , and pay my own expenses .
Have you ever considered paying towards to room ? and not why not ?

So you have never taken any expenses from the EDO for attending any meetings or other events ?
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Her room is sponsored and no I don’t pay sweet FA towards it , I also attend both BDO and England meeting as an Oxfordshire delegate , and pay my own expenses .

So you have never taken any expenses from the EDO for attending any meetings or other events ?
He gets a free caravan at EDO events and rooms at Jersey and IOM.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Kind of moved away from the opening post I feel lol
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Double Flops wrote:
Screenshot_2018-05-20-21-25-13.png
was it established who sent the message?
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Double Flops wrote:
Screenshot_2018-05-20-21-25-13.png
was it established who sent the message?
Nope ...
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London Eye wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Not for attending meetings will be down Selsey Wednesday for my free Caravan and food allowance ....oh and my travel allowance in return I will be helping set up Wednesday , marking for 7 hours Thursday , meetings and bit of manual labour Friday daytime , help at ranking Event Friday night.
6am to 8.30pm on Saturday , Sunday probably 8am to 8.30pm .
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Not for attending meetings will be down Selsey Wednesday for my free Caravan and food allowance ....oh and my travel allowance in return I will be helping set up Wednesday , marking for 7 hours Thursday , meetings and bit of manual labour Friday daytime , help at ranking Event Friday night.
Yeah, so stop pretending you do it for free because you don't. I've heard you do Jack Shit anyway.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Yeah, so stop pretending you do it for free because you don't. I've heard you do Jack Shit anyway.
And I've heard by pm that multiple members of this forum are getting pretty pissed off with your contribution. Why don't you take a day's rest. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Is this the fourth reincarnation to get the boot?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:Is this the fourth reincarnation to get the boot?
There is every chance the 5th and 6th will also be going soon. ;-)

Edit- Number 5 lasted 2 minutes, now gone permanently.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

ssjsa wrote:
London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

And I've heard by pm that multiple members of this forum are getting pretty pissed off with your contribution. Why don't you take a day's rest. ;-)
N***** M****** been complaining again??
UKDA 4 Life
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Has he gone shame I was enjoying that , bit of a one trick pony , anyway completed seeeds for Selsey and final alpha lists up on website within 22 minutes of entries closing .
Men 26 down on open ( 472) nat singles are 8 up (320) ladies disappointing 38 down on open at 112 and 18 down on national singles (70)
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Those Lincs Superleague numbers look shocking. That is worrying.
I dont think many players I play with at Superleague would be happy with an increase in fees. But I do get why it could be a good idea but given the state of the BDO now I think most will just consider it a waste of beer money. The BDO can't just charge more and offer nothing back, needs to be thought through carefully.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Skewball wrote:Those Lincs Superleague numbers look shocking. That is worrying.
I dont think many players I play with at Superleague would be happy with an increase in fees. But I do get why it could be a good idea but given the state of the BDO now I think most will just consider it a waste of beer money. The BDO can't just charge more and offer nothing back, needs to be thought through carefully.
This is one of the problems with Super League only a small minority of people who participate in it are interested , now, in playing county darts and hence pay the BBO BICC 'tax' for no reason or benefit to theirself.

If the BDO & BICC ceased to exist then Super League would still continue without really anyone noticing as all the leagues are self financed and autonomous so how big a step is it for a large %age of Super League people who just play effectively break away to form their own same night local leagues because its cheaper for all involved ?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

el_ringo wrote:
This is one of the problems with Super League only a small minority of people who participate in it are interested , now, in playing county darts and hence pay the BBO BICC 'tax' for no reason or benefit to theirself.

If the BDO & BICC ceased to exist then Super League would still continue without really anyone noticing as all the leagues are self financed and autonomous so how big a step is it for a large %age of Super League people who just play effectively break away to form their own same night local leagues because its cheaper for all involved ?
hmm, I'm not convinced about Superleague surviving in its current form without BICC/County. Both are basically run by the same people here.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Skewball wrote: hmm, I'm not convinced about Superleague surviving in its current form without BICC/County. Both are basically run by the same people here.
If you have zero interest in County , which a lot of people who play Super League don't, it really is just another dart league.

There are countless dart leagues run by persons who have zero association or help with any BICC so its hardly a task that is beyond anyone.

If the only carrot for say a game costing you £5 each is you might get to play county darts then it would be doomed by any 'BDO Tax' increase as you will quickly just end up with a very small contracted Super League with just the County interested people and given how small some counties selection pool is then that Super League will be quickly derided to history.

The people who don't want to pay £££'s a game to play will soon gravitate or be lost to the game to another league to throw their arrows and drink a few pints on their usual 'darts' night.

It really is a very poor commercial insight if you think , because its all you have left, that the participants are your cash cow for future investment.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Lincs Superleague has some major problems, most has been out there for everyone to see.

The big problem at the minute though is it has become basically a Lincoln district league (bar the obvious Gainsborough team), which in itself has its own problem as I think the actual Lincoln darts league is more popular than superleage.

Nobody from the rest of the county wants to have to travel to Lincoln every other week and not be home until gone midnight.

But Humberside is just as bad, looking at the players round here anyone still playing superleague has gone to play in the Yorkshire super league.

I guess there is too much pub darts leagues and if you dont have any aspiration to play for your county (and lets face it, hardly anyone does) superleague is the one you can easily walk away from, especially if its the one that has the most traveling.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I guess there is too much pub darts leagues and if you dont have any aspiration to play for your county (and lets face it, hardly anyone does)

This bit is nonsense, most counties I know of have at least 100 players who want to.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Black Velvet wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I guess there is too much pub darts leagues and if you dont have any aspiration to play for your county (and lets face it, hardly anyone does)

This bit is nonsense, most counties I know of have at least 100 players who want to.
Well thats good for those counties I suppose.

If you wanted a game for Humberside you could get one. Our county doesnt even have a website anymore, when it did it was a powerpoint presentation uploaded to a free hosting site that you could only access on a old version of Internet explorer.

Last time I checked there was 6 teams, 2 from the same pub, they played once a month on a Sunday afternoon. 5 games over 6 six months.

Its yet another problem the BDO will eventually have to deal with. Some counties all losing their super leagues, county players whereas some counties have enough super league players to put 2/3 teams out.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Black Velvet wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

So how come most counties struggle to turn a side then?