Lincs player gets the boot

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
pranu180
Brass Darts

Re: Lincs player gets the boot

Post by pranu180 »

Double Flops wrote:Mark Wilson ....he got a tour card at the last PDC school ...a decent player
And it stinks like as if there was no hesitation from them to boot him out because he's a PDC player.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Jacklins gonna Jacklin
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Looks like another has gone ...Chris Fidler stating on the same fb post " A few of us have found that out this season " when someone wrote when will they learn....it's their way or no way
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

I heard that Chris missed a county game as he was on holiday and it kicked off due to something to do with the sponsorship scheme he was in. Don't know how true that is though.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

They go round recruiting players with the promise of sponsorship, one of my mates plays A for them despite living in Berkshire. They'll do what they want with impunity once they're in charge.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Double Flops wrote:
Hibs1weedode wrote:very surprised at mark been throwing out, every time I have met him comes across a genuine guy even when things aren’t going his way. Be interesting to know exactly what the debate was?
He is a nice bloke, known him a few years....I'm pretty sure the reason for the fallout will be known in the next few days .
He’s a good bloke, used to play in the same leagues as him when he first started.

Thought there would be an issue at the start of the year as he’s been pretty open about the fact he’s wanted to join the pdc but he did go back to lincs last year after missing out on a tour card then.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Are tour card players allowed to play county these days?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Are tour card players allowed to play county these days?
Its at the discretion of each county to decide. Some do, some dont, some do as long as you can commit to all 9 fixtures (Lancashire)
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Yes but I believe the problem with lincs is they are all paid to play (or have their costs covered) and as part of being a lincs county player they get entry to bdo events paid for.

Yorkshire stoped caring last season and let pdc players play, I see mark has already been offered the chance to go there
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

whatty180 wrote:I heard that Chris missed a county game as he was on holiday and it kicked off due to something to do with the sponsorship scheme he was in. Don't know how true that is though.
Chris was in the squad to play against Hampshire and booked the hotel and drove there, they had found out he was leaving them to play for Cambs and told him he wasn't playing ...how nice
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

Wow.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Double Flops wrote:
whatty180 wrote:I heard that Chris missed a county game as he was on holiday and it kicked off due to something to do with the sponsorship scheme he was in. Don't know how true that is though.
Chris was in the squad to play against Hampshire and booked the hotel and drove there, they had found out he was leaving them to play for Cambs and told him he wasn't playing ...how nice
Mr Murphy's column writing itself again this week

On the subject of LIncs I see there is a Lincs open coming up is that open to everyone ? and the people they have upset and ostracised ?
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

I haven't spoken to Chris for a while so I heard it second hand. I knew he was having a spot of bother though just wasn't totally sure what.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

That’s what they do! Apparently back in 2008 the meeting which got Grimsby removed from the champions cup , my expulsion from the next stage of the masters was discussed! I’ve played darts for 34 years and have never had any kind of ban or expulsion from anywhere. I’m currently self excluded from any event these parasites have anything to do with.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Yes but I believe the problem with lincs is they are all paid to play (or have their costs covered) and as part of being a lincs county player they get entry to bdo events paid for.

Yorkshire stoped caring last season and let pdc players play, I see mark has already been offered the chance to go there
From what I understand lincs county players get fri and sat nights at hotels normally holiday inn and are charged a token £5 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, if on their sponsorship package I believe they get their entries and accomadation paid for , love them or hate them that is a pretty good deal in my book .
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

From what I understand lincs county players get fri and sat nights at hotels normally holiday inn and are charged a token £5 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, if on their sponsorship package I believe they get their entries and accomadation paid for , love them or hate them that is a pretty good deal in my book .
What does Deta get from Oxfordshire for playing for them?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Maverick wrote:That’s what they do! Apparently back in 2008 the meeting which got Grimsby removed from the champions cup , my expulsion from the next stage of the masters was discussed! I’ve played darts for 34 years and have never had any kind of ban or expulsion from anywhere. I’m currently self excluded from any event these parasites have anything to do with.
Fair play to you, Seen it all my darting life where players will put up with crap from leagues and counties and not voice their disgust at certain things or refuse to have anything to do with those running the show mainly for fear of losing out when it comes to selection or inclusion, If more folk had the backbone to tell them where to stick it then they wouldn't be so arrogant in thinking they can do whatever the hell they want to!!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

None of your business really Dave , but all she gets contrary to popular belief is a free room at away matches , we pay everything else has played 85 times for them now ! Shame she doesn’t get the £500 a match some deluded people claim ! Her room is sponsored by the bicester ex services club so technically doesn’t get anything from the county .
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

None of your business really Dave , but all she gets contrary to popular belief is a free room at away matches , we pay everything else has played 85 times for them now ! Shame she doesn’t get the £500 a match some deluded people claim ! Her room is sponsored by the bicester ex services club so technically doesn’t get anything from the county .
Oh right..So none of my business yet you openly discuss what others get!!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Oh right..So none of my business yet you openly discuss what others get!!
:grin: :grin: