Superleague Player

Re: Lincs player gets the boot

Post by daveboygreen »

Skewball wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
From what I understand lincs county players get fri and sat nights at hotels normally holiday inn and are charged a token £5 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, if on their sponsorship package I believe they get their entries and accomadation paid for , love them or hate them that is a pretty good deal in my book .
What does Deta get from Oxfordshire for playing for them?
None of your business really Dave , but all she gets contrary to popular belief is a free room at away matches , we pay everything else has played 85 times for them now ! Shame she doesn’t get the £500 a match some deluded people claim ! Her room is sponsored by the bicester ex services club so technically doesn’t get anything from the county .
Oh right..So none of my business yet you openly discuss what others get!!
:grin: :grin:
Dilly dilly
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Yes but I believe the problem with lincs is they are all paid to play (or have their costs covered) and as part of being a lincs county player they get entry to bdo events paid for.

Yorkshire stoped caring last season and let pdc players play, I see mark has already been offered the chance to go there
From what I understand lincs county players get fri and sat nights at hotels normally holiday inn and are charged a token £5 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, if on their sponsorship package I believe they get their entries and accomadation paid for , love them or hate them that is a pretty good deal in my book .
None of your business really Dave , but all she gets contrary to popular belief is a free room at away matches , we pay everything else has played 85 times for them now ! Shame she doesn’t get the £500 a match some deluded people claim ! Her room is sponsored by the bicester ex services club so technically doesn’t get anything from the county .
He's got you there Paul :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

nikkiboy wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
He's a walking talking contradiction.

Anyway, claiming Deta is sponsored by the venue not the county is purely a smokescreen. Either all the team should get free accommodation or none.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Surely that's up to what you negotiate with the county, if they want her to travel and play then they pay for a room, seems fair to me.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

nikkiboy wrote:Surely that's up to what you negotiate with the county, if they want her to travel and play then they pay for a room, seems fair to me.
Correct.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Not really I said from what I understand !! That is based on what has been on social media and the announcement of the sponsorship deal 3 years ago , haven’t named other players ;)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Anyway, claiming Deta is sponsored by the venue not the county is purely a smokescreen. Either all the team should get free accommodation or none.
Well you obviously know all about Oxfordshires sponsors lol.
Different players get sponsored by different businesses , pubs individuals etc .
Rather than a smokescreen Deta’s sponsorship is a bar supervisor from the county venue . Look at any county venue it’s full of ads saying “ proud sponsor of “ .
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Yes but I believe the problem with lincs is they are all paid to play (or have their costs covered) and as part of being a lincs county player they get entry to bdo events paid for.

Yorkshire stoped caring last season and let pdc players play, I see mark has already been offered the chance to go there
:DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Different players get sponsored by different businesses , pubs individuals etc .
Rather than a smokescreen Deta’s sponsorship is a bar supervisor from the county venue . Look at any county venue it’s full of ads saying “ proud sponsor of “ .
It's a smokescreen. One rule for one and one rule for another.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

It's a smokescreen. One rule for one and one rule for another.
in what possible way? What 'rule'?!
If someone wants to sponsor Deta in County so what?! Even if it was the County itself, so what?!
I really don't get the criticism of this. I'm sure even the other team players don't mind, why should they, I bet they would rather have Deta around than not.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Leave Ginge alone!
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Sure the next question is does WCPDA pay 1/2 the room cost when he travels away with the county ?

or does he grab a freebie in Deta's and claim well its paid for anyway ?
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Yes, we'll all be laying awake wondering if that isn't answered.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

el_ringo wrote:Sure the next question is does WCPDA pay 1/2 the room cost when he travels away with the county ?

Is it the 1870s, where couples sleep in separate beds?
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote:
el_ringo wrote:Sure the next question is does WCPDA pay 1/2 the room cost when he travels away with the county ?

Well its connected to the BICC which hasn't changed since the 70's so really anything is possible ;)

I would of thought the correct course of action an EDO official would take would be to pay 1/2 the cost to avoid such possible accusations of freebies

However if he doesn't then it probably gives part of the answer to the EDO funding problems
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

He shoudl only pay if the room rate was higher for a single room vs a double. ANd in most modern hotels now it is no different.
Bit desperate this one to be honest.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Do the EDO or BDO have any rules regarding disclosure or acceptance of gifts or other forms of possible bribery ?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

el_ringo wrote:Do the EDO or BDO have any rules regarding disclosure or acceptance of gifts or other forms of possible bribery ?
is this bribery?! lol
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

el_ringo wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well its connected to the BICC which hasn't changed since the 70's so really anything is possible ;)

I would of thought the correct course of action an EDO official would take would be to pay 1/2 the cost to avoid such possible accusations of freebies

However if he doesn't then it probably gives part of the answer to the EDO funding problems
I was told by EDO officials that in no way did they ever get freebies...While 2 of them were buying drinks over the bar with vouchers!!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Her room is sponsored and no I don’t pay sweet FA towards it , I also attend both BDO and England meeting as an Oxfordshire delegate , and pay my own expenses .