Tommys Proposal to Regionalise the BICC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Re: Tommys Proposal to Regionalise the BICC

Post by Dazzla501 »

Regionalising everything definitely makes sense. I suspect any proposal will just get shot down in flames though, if it even got that far.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

I solved this problem weeks ago on real fanatics.
UKDA 4 Life
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Regionalising it in some way or form together with trying to cut it down to 1 day would do wonders for the BICC I reckon. Might keep many more good players interested in the ordeal.

They probably will never be able to agree on whether it should be done and in what way though, so I'm guessing this thread and Tommy's efforts will be an exercise in futility.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Tommys Proposal to Regionalise the BICC

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:If you are going to do anything like the proposal in the OP, you would have to change the groups each year. Seeded draw with 5 pots, 10 teams in each based on previous years performance.

At least each group would then be of a similar strength (in theory).
Geographical makes sense imo, the whole point is to cut down on travelling and overnight costs
In which case my proposal makes more sense as you wouldnt be playing the same 4 sides year in, year out.
Difference Tommy’s isn’t actually a proposal if you read it properly .
What is it then?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: Tommys Proposal to Regionalise the BICC

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:If you are going to do anything like the proposal in the OP, you would have to change the groups each year. Seeded draw with 5 pots, 10 teams in each based on previous years performance.

At least each group would then be of a similar strength (in theory).
Geographical makes sense imo, the whole point is to cut down on travelling and overnight costs
In which case my proposal makes more sense as you wouldnt be playing the same 4 sides year in, year out.
Difference Tommy’s isn’t actually a proposal if you read it properly .
What is it then?
Why post an idea if you don't believe in it?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If the pdc made a few players into an entity like it is then surely a promoter can do the same with county teams. Its like a football match at the premier league. You could do the same with county teams. Walk on music, shirts, characters of the sport we see at county matches already. The betting ! Transfers at the end of the season lol anyway. Where there is a will there is a way. . . . County teams much like football teams ! But with the mix of men women and youths. . That you get. Its a sport for all as well. Thats an increase in audience.

another idea on fanatics re the county scene.

A non starter in my opinion.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:If the pdc made a few players into an entity like it is then surely a promoter can do the same with county teams. Its like a football match at the premier league. You could do the same with county teams. Walk on music, shirts, characters of the sport we see at county matches already. The betting ! Transfers at the end of the season lol anyway. Where there is a will there is a way. . . . County teams much like football teams ! But with the mix of men women and youths. . That you get. Its a sport for all as well. Thats an increase in audience.

another idea on fanatics re the county scene.

A non starter in my opinion.
He might want telling that nobody outside of people playing county care about county darts
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Get rid of B teams.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Don't think putting 10 divisions in parallel would do much for the competitive quality of county darts, you'd just end up with loads of horribly lopsided matchups where one team's worst player might even be better than the other team's best.

Maybe three tiers with 2/4/4 divisions would work. Could even adapt Ginge's team draw idea and do something like North 1, North 2, South 1 and South 2 in the lower tiers and switch up the team combinations from year to year.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

They won't change it anyway, any proposal would likely get shot down with a solicitors letter.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Don’t know why they don’t follow us Scots

Regionalise it, we have 12 men’s a, 6 men’s b, 6 women’s a and 4 women’s b. It’s done in one day and cuts out a lot of unnessary expenses.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

TheSandman wrote:Don’t know why they don’t follow us Scots

Regionalise it, we have 12 men’s a, 6 men’s b, 6 women’s a and 4 women’s b. It’s done in one day and cuts out a lot of unnessary expenses.
Exactly, it needs streamlining.
Even if I played for Hampshire, no chance would I be doing the long slog up North.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Going down to 1 day in England would probably cost counties , loss of revenue for venues hence sponsorship would go down , many county venues have functions Saturday evening , games would finish later some could lose venue altogether .
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:

Going down to 1 day in England would probably cost counties , loss of revenue for venues hence sponsorship would go down , many county venues have functions Saturday evening , games would finish later some could lose venue altogether .
What should come first, making it cost effective to play or making it so the organisers get more money?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

This wont work as you will always been stuck playing the same counties so would never have any idea of progression. It would very rapidily end up with 1 super county in each group who always qualified for the finals.

Said this countless times but county needs a complete format overhall. 8 men and 4 Ladies only teams.

on the Saturday play 4 x Mixed Triples followed by 4 mens pairs and 2 ladies pairs all over 701. Sunday just play the 12 Singles.

Or if you wanted to be radical

go 12 men and 4 ladies on Satuday play a straight KO of all the 32 players over best of 3 501 - points awarded as to round reached players ranked for the Winmau etc

and on the Saturday play the 16 singles these to count as normal for the national BICC leagues
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

Agree 100%. Should be north and south to cut expense, then some sort of playoff and finals. ...and still believe Yorkshire should be split into 2 teams
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

It was always regionalised when I played (just after the war!)

Premier - not regionalised

Division 1 North
Division 1 South

Division 2 North
Division 2 South

Worked really well - as Somerset we only had to go as far as Avon (WoE), Wilts, Glos, Berks, Devon, Dorset, Cornwall.

The only ‘long journey’s were Norfolk and Isle of Wight.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Lee Taylor wrote:It was always regionalised when I played (just after the war!)

Division 1 North
Division 1 South

Division 2 North
Division 2 South

Worked really well - as Somerset we only had to go as far as Avon (WoE), Wilts, Glos, Berks, Devon, Dorset, Cornwall.

Problem was when I played for the Isle of Wight you copped Brecon or Pembrokeshire away on alternate years !
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

el_ringo wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:It was always regionalised when I played (just after the war!)

Division 1 North
Division 1 South

Division 2 North
Division 2 South

Problem was when I played for the Isle of Wight you copped Brecon or Pembrokeshire away on alternate years !

My first County game was against you guys.........I played a guy called Arthur Bucket....you ever heard of him?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

.ImageImage
Big Jock Knew