Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by Skewball »

TheSandman wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Mike also won the first couple of PDC (then WDC) events......before he shat himself and returned to the BDO.
Fixed for historical accuracy.
...before he realised that with a young family and a new mortgage that he needed the regular income of exbo's and more tournaments/opens.....

That's the historical accuracy, nothing more nothing less.
And how did that work out for him??
That's life , you make decisions and deal with it. We would all like hindsight.
Is your life perfect ?
Ginge
International

Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by Ginge »

People from the West Country in defending people from the West Country shocker.

Skewy, what is your opinion on Fred West?
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote:

I am sure he would do a better job than the Jacklins, Williams or EDO Usurpe attempters at running the BDO so he can't be all that bad ;)
TheSandman wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Mike also won the first couple of PDC (then WDC) events......before he shat himself and returned to the BDO.
...before he realised that with a young family and a new mortgage that he needed the regular income of exbo's and more tournaments/opens.....

He became the best ever turner of a Stop / Go road traffic control sign in the history of darts
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ginge wrote:People from the West Country in defending people from the West Country shocker.

He made a decent job of our patio
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Better players never to be World Champion, not including Joe Hitchcock as no world championship was available at the time

Evans
Gregory
Whitcombe
Glazier
George
Lazarenko
O'shea
Wade
Wright

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ecky Thump wrote:Better players never to be World Champion, not including Joe Hitchcock as no world championship was available at the time

Evans
Gregory
Whitcombe
Glazier
George
Lazarenko
O'shea
Wade
Wright
To be fair Alan Evans was World Masters Champ prior to the start of the Embassy and it was , then, at the time , alongside the NOTW, considered the most prestigious title in Darts and was at the time more or less a 'World' Championships.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

el_ringo wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:Better players never to be World Champion, not including Joe Hitchcock as no world championship was available at the time

Evans
Gregory
Whitcombe
Glazier
George
Lazarenko
O'shea
Wade
Wright
To be fair Alan Evans was World Masters Champ prior to the start of the Embassy and it was , then, at the time , alongside the NOTW, considered the most prestigious title in Darts and was at the time more or less a 'World' Championships.

Yep, agree mate.

There was no real barometer to measure just how good the pre-1978 players actually were.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Short memories in this thread - Baxter beat Taylor in the late 90s - He was arguably the best all round player in the world in the late 90s - Just never crossed the line at Lakeside - But he came close - Only Gregory is in his league out of the non champions -

Robson
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

nikkiboy wrote:Peter Manley has to be there alongside Alan Evans
Manley was too WWF for my liking - Good player - But never top 5 - Best players of the late 90s were Baxter RVB Taylor Hankey Walton - Maybe change the order a little bit -

Robson
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by Skewball »

el_ringo wrote:
Ginge wrote:

I am sure he would do a better job than the Jacklins, Williams or EDO Usurpe attempters at running the BDO so he can't be all that bad ;)
TheSandman wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

He became the best ever turner of a Stop / Go road traffic control sign in the history of darts
I just don't get why you have always had it in for him when quite frankly you haven't got a fucking clue what went on back then and if you met him you wouldn't dare say any of what you say. Classic keyboard warrior.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hnnnnnnngggggggg!!!
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by el_ringo »

Skewball wrote:
el_ringo wrote: He became the best ever turner of a Stop / Go road traffic control sign in the history of darts
I just don't get why you have always had it in for him when quite frankly you haven't got a fekkin clue what went on back then and if you met him you wouldn't dare say any of what you say. Classic keyboard warrior.
If this was directed at me I have met him and I have dared to say such things to his face

Infact I recanted , 8 years ago, one such encounter

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4904&p=170993#p170993
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by Skewball »

el_ringo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
el_ringo wrote: He became the best ever turner of a Stop / Go road traffic control sign in the history of darts
I just don't get why you have always had it in for him when quite frankly you haven't got a fekkin clue what went on back then and if you met him you wouldn't dare say any of what you say. Classic keyboard warrior.
If this was directed at me I have met him and I have dared to say such things to his face

Infact I recanted , 8 years ago, one such encounter

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4904&p=170993#p170993
Ha bloody ha
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Hardly the same is it...
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Never a huge fan of Alan Glazier...was a bit over hyped...Bill Lennard was far better in my opinion..
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote:That's life , you make decisions and deal with it. We would all like hindsight.
Is your life perfect ?
Erm.... we all have hindsight.

And don't get me started on el_ringo's use of the verb "recant" after that.......
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Skewball wrote:That's life , you make decisions and deal with it. We would all like hindsight.
Is your life perfect ?

And don't get me started on el_ringo's use of the verb "recant" after that.......
I see Ted got beaten by some kid in your league darts thing last night :DDD:
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by Deleted User »

BlueSpark wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Is your life perfect ?

Aye :D

The spotty herbert that beat him lost 7-6 in the final after coming back from 3-0 and 4-1 behind.

He then missed match darts in the decider which caused a bout of optical leakage on his defeat, which I'm sure impressed the couple of local teenage girls who'd stayed to watch him.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

I have to say that Gregory was a fine player - Should have won 2 or 3 world titles - Same with Baxter - Its a shame politics got the better of Gregory - Not sure why Baxter didnt win a World Title - Just luck I guess -

Robson
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wheres Ronnie Baxter

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Is your life perfect ?

Aye :D

The spotty herbert that beat him lost 7-6 in the final after coming back from 3-0 and 4-1 behind.

He then missed match darts in the decider which caused a bout of optical leakage on his defeat, which I'm sure impressed the couple of local teenage girls who'd stayed to watch him.
Haha