Top 10 players in the world

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: Top 10 players in the world

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Ssjsa is a lost cause. Has drank too much of Uncle Barry's special white Kool-Aid
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Re: RE: Re: Top 10 players in the world

Post by ssjsa »

nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Skewball wrote:I would agree on the whole but think Smith is getting there. Duzza on the face of it yes, 5-7 sounds about right , but , having to beat these guys week in week out takes a different sort of mentality. Glennn seems to pay a heavy emotional price when plays big games so I'm not convinced that he could do it game after game.
Sadly we will never know.
Based my comment on those 10 being full time darts professionals playing against the best in the business on a weekly basis.

Those 10 would provide the most competitive PL as all have proven that they can perform on that stage.

In fairness players like Cadby and Dimitri have the potential to break into this elite group, as does Durrant if he was prepared to go full time.

Personally am a huge fan of Glen, as I was of Bunting when he came across. At the time thought Stephen was easily in the Top 10 in the world, but that clearly proved to not be the case in the harsh environment that is professional darts in the PDC.

No doubt that Durrant has the talent to be successful in the PDC, but would hold off categorising him as one of the Top 10 players in the world, until he demonstrates he can compete on a regular basis against the Top 10 in the PDC OOM.
So your exact criteria for being one of the top ten players in the world is solely being ranked in the PDC top 10?
Yes.

We can all speculate on the relative merits of many players to be considered in the Top 10 of the World, but my criteria is based on proven results in a professional environment over a prolonged period of time.
Cross has been in the PDC for just over a year - "prolonged period of time"?
My criteria was being Top 10 in the PDC OOM.

Rob Cross's achievements in his 1st year were frankly phenomenal, and his excellence meant he expedited his entry into the Top 10, by some way.

Other than Barney, when he switched, no player has ever had such an impact. Should Durrant or any other player manage to achieve what Cross did, they would have proved they deserve to be in the Top 10 category of the best players in the World.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Ssjsa is a lost cause. Has drank too much of Uncle Barry's special white Kool-Aid
He's completely out of touch with the abilities of current dart players, the bright lights have dulled his senses.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Top 10 players in the world

ssjsa wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Based my comment on those 10 being full time darts professionals playing against the best in the business on a weekly basis.

Those 10 would provide the most competitive PL as all have proven that they can perform on that stage.

In fairness players like Cadby and Dimitri have the potential to break into this elite group, as does Durrant if he was prepared to go full time.

Personally am a huge fan of Glen, as I was of Bunting when he came across. At the time thought Stephen was easily in the Top 10 in the world, but that clearly proved to not be the case in the harsh environment that is professional darts in the PDC.

No doubt that Durrant has the talent to be successful in the PDC, but would hold off categorising him as one of the Top 10 players in the world, until he demonstrates he can compete on a regular basis against the Top 10 in the PDC OOM.
So your exact criteria for being one of the top ten players in the world is solely being ranked in the PDC top 10?
Yes.

We can all speculate on the relative merits of many players to be considered in the Top 10 of the World, but my criteria is based on proven results in a professional environment over a prolonged period of time.
Cross has been in the PDC for just over a year - "prolonged period of time"?
My criteria was being Top 10 in the PDC OOM.

Rob Cross's achievements in his 1st year were frankly phenomenal, and his excellence meant he expedited his entry into the Top 10, by some way.

Other than Barney, when he switched, no player has ever had such an impact. Should Durrant or any other player manage to achieve what Cross did, they would have proved they deserve to be in the Top 10 category of the best players in the World.
On the flip side of that those, like myself, that prefer to refer to the BDO rankings can easily discount most of the PDC top 20.
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Ssjsa is a lost cause. Has drank too much of Uncle Barry's special white Kool-Aid
He's completely out of touch with the abilities of current dart players, the bright lights have dulled his senses.......
So Paddy, because I am using factual data, to support my view makes me out of touch, would you care to enlighten us with your knowledge of the ability of current dart players, who you think are currently the Top 10 in the world.

Oh and feel free to post any data or analogies which you feel advocate your selections.

Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
So Paddy, because I am using factual data, to support my view makes me out of touch, would you care to enlighten us with your knowledge of the ability of current dart players, who you think are currently the Top 10 in the world.

Oh and feel free to post any data or analogies which you feel advocate your selections.
BDO rankings.
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

BDO rankings.
By numerical positions alone or prize money won to achieve those placings ?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

This is where the trolling falls apart as McGeeney is #1 and Durrant is #2....
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

For a start Durrant is a better player than Wade at present, so should be rated higher than him.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Top 10 players in the world

ssjsa wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

BDO rankings.
By numerical positions alone or prize money won to achieve those placings ?
A scotch bothered about money lol
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

For a start Durrant is a better player than Wade at present, so should be rated higher than him.
Really. Wade is currently on an upsurge in form and sits in 3rd place on the ET OOM ahead of luminaries such as Wright, Smith and Suljovic.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Really. Wade is currently on an upsurge in form and sits in 3rd place on the ET OOM ahead of luminaries such as Wright, Smith and Suljovic.
He's a better player and if they played a game next week he would trounce him, very disingenuous to compare the two codes using money earned as one of the criteria.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

So you're using different OOMs to prove your point depending on what your point is...
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

So you're using different OOMs to prove your point depending on what your point is...
Not at all.

Thought I was pretty clear that my Top 10 mirror the PDC OOM, and that view is pretty much set in stone.

Was only using the ET OOM in response to a post regarding current form.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

He's a better player and if they played a game next week he would trounce him, very disingenuous to compare the two codes using money earned as one of the criteria.
Frankly, I disagree. If Wade played Durrant in a best of 19 leg match, my money would 100% be on James.

However, this is all supposition on our parts, so we will just need to disagree.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Not at all.

Thought I was pretty clear that my Top 10 mirror the PDC OOM, and that view is pretty much set in stone.

So your top ten is just taken from the PDC OOM, that just shows you what little respect you have for the BDO players not even to consider them and that's partly the reason I think you lack serious judgement when it comes to the ability of dart players.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: For a start Durrant is a better player than Wade at present, so should be rated higher than him.
Not at all.

So your top ten is just taken from the PDC OOM, that just shows you what little respect you have for the BDO players not even to consider them and that's partly the reason I think you lack serious judgement when it comes to the ability of dart players.

I have a lot of respect for a large number of players in the BDO, which is clearly evidenced by my posts in the BDO threads.

Don't understand why you see it disrespectful of me to rate players on a professional tour playing for a living to be of a higher standard than those who combine their darts with a full time job and/or treat darts as a hobby.

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

The DDB list ChrisW posted is surely the most accurate list available?

Oh and that list includes Durrant :grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Not at all.

I have a lot of respect for a large number of players in the BDO, which is clearly evidenced by my posts in the BDO threads.

Don't understand why you see it disrespectful of me to rate players on a professional tour playing for a living to be of a higher standard than those who combine their darts with a full time job and/or treat darts as a hobby.
Oh I see....the difference in a players ability is simply the word professional....let's not forget where nearly all of them players came from.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidB wrote:The DDB list ChrisW posted is surely the most accurate list available?

Oh and that list includes Durrant :grin:
SSJSA will not comprehend this post as Durrant is not a full time professional so no way can he be a great darts player.........