Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: WDT 2018 - the post mortem

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ferrari wrote:
chrismason wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
chrismason wrote:Commercial disaster in every sense, if the BDO brand hadnt already been devalued enough then this was commercial suicide. There isnt a person in the industry worth their salt that would have pushed forward with this event. The value of any business within the industry is based on 2 things, bums on seats and viewing figures.
The demographic the BDO crave was evident throughout! Interesting that I have read about playing conditions, isnt that what the BDO want? Silence!
I honestly can't see how they can push this event for next year given what a disaster it has been last year and this year, better off scrapping it and going back to the drawing board.
Before they do anything further they need a broadcaster, a proper one.
What would you do to Hammer the BDO into shape Chris?
Despite his recent run in Wales, Andy Hamilton is not the answer.

:IIII:
chrismason
Steady Sixties

Post by chrismason »

Ferrari wrote:
chrismason wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
chrismason wrote:Commercial disaster in every sense, if the BDO brand hadnt already been devalued enough then this was commercial suicide. There isnt a person in the industry worth their salt that would have pushed forward with this event. The value of any business within the industry is based on 2 things, bums on seats and viewing figures.
The demographic the BDO crave was evident throughout! Interesting that I have read about playing conditions, isnt that what the BDO want? Silence!
I honestly can't see how they can push this event for next year given what a disaster it has been last year and this year, better off scrapping it and going back to the drawing board.
What would you do to get the BDO into shape Chris?
Talking like a ***** isnt gonna make yours any bigger mate.
Neymar
Feather Flights

Post by Neymar »

chrismason wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
chrismason wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
He asked a valid question, why the rudeness?
chrismason
Steady Sixties

Post by chrismason »

Neymar wrote:
chrismason wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
chrismason wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Fuck me irony everywhere.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Neymar wrote:
chrismason wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
chrismason wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Talking like a ****** isnt gonna make yours any bigger mate.
Sad when people come on here just to troll. Grow up.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Move the tournamet to where we have the biggest boom in darts at the moment= GERMANY
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Sad when people come on here just to troll. Grow up.
I agree but now both events have finished, Paul should be giving it a rest now.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote: Sad when people come on here just to troll. Grow up.
I agree but now both events have finished, Paul should be giving it a rest now.
:grin:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

To the trolls, this has been a sensible and decent discussion, either join in properly or put the keyboard away.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Hirsti
Steady Sixties

Post by Hirsti »

nikkiboy wrote:To the trolls, this has been a sensible and decent discussion, either join in properly or put the keyboard away.

:DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The Master wrote:Move the tournamet to where we have the biggest boom in darts at the moment= GERMANY
Non-PDC darts is even deader here than it is in the UK.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

The problem was that no one knew it was happening - They should have bought advertising space on a billboard in Manchester - Bought time on local radio - Constant social media updates - Tell the players to talk to their local paper about it - Anything to get the word out - The product is fine - The promotion is not - Simple -

Robson
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Doing previews hours/minutes before the matches start is pointless, where were they weeks/months before?

If Lakeside ends up on Premier or the like, it is over. I'm not sure it can survive not being on a "proper" channel anyway.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

markymark wrote:Doing previews hours/minutes before the matches start is pointless, where were they weeks/months before?

If Lakeside ends up on Premier or the like, it is over. I'm not sure it can survive not being on a "proper" channel anyway.
I dont think Potter would continue to stump up the money if it was, tbh.
Big Jock Knew
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Lakeside will be going for a good few years yet - There will always be a decent TV company to pick it up - The BDO just need to promote their other majors better - I think they could make more of Fallon Sherock - Shes good looking and delightful - The media will love her -

Robson
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
markymark wrote:Doing previews hours/minutes before the matches start is pointless, where were they weeks/months before?

I dont think Potter would continue to stump up the money if it was, tbh.
Chris intimated that there was some good news on the horizon for this, let's hope he's right.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

The turnover of players is the problem. People will only pay to see players they have heard of and for many years the BDO had a core of well known faces ie Adams, O'Shea,Fitton and Hankey as well as many who gradually left for the PDC.

The problem now is with only a couple of TV tournaments a year up and coming players have left for the PDC long before they are well known enough to sell tickets.
All thats left now is Durrant and to the all bar the most serious followers he isnt as well known as as the stars that came before him.

People talk about the product as if its about quality players but i dont think thats the issue. They always have a group of decent players but if its only posters on here who have heard of them they will never sell tickets.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: WDT 2018 - the post mortem

Post by Skewball »

Robson wrote:Lakeside will be going for a good few years yet - There will always be a decent TV company to pick it up - The BDO just need to promote their other majors better - I think they could make more of Fallon Sherock - Shes good looking and delightful - The media will love her -

Robson
I agree
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:About the Lincs Open actually, I could swear blind they moved it forward to the 27th May to accommodate the WDT, did I imagine this?
I think you probably did Ginge! Didn't see it move on the BDO calendar, and the flyer has been out for ages...good to see Trina and Paula support their local open...oh, and get easy points!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Ginge wrote:About the Lincs Open actually, I could swear blind they moved it forward to the 27th May to accommodate the WDT, did I imagine this?
I think you probably did Ginge! Didn't see it move on the BDO calendar, and the flyer has been out for ages...good to see Trina and Paula support their local open...oh, and get easy points!
See subsequent post, seems it was scheduled for the 10th June at some point (i went a week the wrong way)
Big Jock Knew