PDC 2nd attempt at Ladies darts.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: PDC 2nd attempt at Ladies darts.

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

only85 wrote:i applaud the inclusion of women in the ally pally set up however i question motive, as usual bh has played a decent hand, this year man utd announce a womens soccer team, then its equal pay at auntie beeb, now hearn has jumped on the very fashionable passing bandwagon to promote his product, what i would say is this, theres a lot of dross first 2 weeks at ally pally, why not fire 10 men off put 10 women in still start with 96 players then there a fair ish percentage of the players are women, bh a good marketing man but why only 2 when he could have done so much more so easily, just 2 women v 94 men is a token jesture to pacify the all inclusive fashion of the moment, my view only
Just listen to Hearnes comments yesterday, its so they can become the official body for darts. Equal opportunities for everyone means England Sport will accept them now.

Once England Sport credits them they dont need to do anything else, BDO (and WDF) will be an unofficial body in the UK and Hearne can just throw cease and desists everywhere until no TV channel and no Sponsor will have anything to do with them.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
only85 wrote:i applaud the inclusion of women in the ally pally set up however i question motive, as usual bh has played a decent hand, this year man utd announce a womens soccer team, then its equal pay at auntie beeb, now hearn has jumped on the very fashionable passing bandwagon to promote his product, what i would say is this, theres a lot of dross first 2 weeks at ally pally, why not fire 10 men off put 10 women in still start with 96 players then there a fair ish percentage of the players are women, bh a good marketing man but why only 2 when he could have done so much more so easily, just 2 women v 94 men is a token jesture to pacify the all inclusive fashion of the moment, my view only
Just listen to Hearnes comments yesterday, its so they can become the official body for darts. Equal opportunities for everyone means England Sport will accept them now.

Once England Sport credits them they dont need to do anything else, BDO (and WDF) will be an unofficial body in the UK and Hearne can just throw cease and desists everywhere until no TV channel and no Sponsor will have anything to do with them.
I don't think Hearn has to do anything to stop tv and sponsors dealing with the BDO
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Not sure how can anyone complain about there being only 2 places. Is it a token gesture and an attempt to get attention? Yes, totally. That's what professional sport (chuckle) and business is all about. In fairness there could be 96 ladies at Ally Pally, the women are not banned from competing on the tour. Guaranteeing them 2 places is a nice gesture.

To be honest if Hearn said he's going to invite the top 4/6 female players I'd happily watch, that would be great TV. But imagine 6 places in qualifiers, there could be a big amount of dross turning up, especially as we don't even know yet whether the top ladies will compete.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I don't think Hearn has to do anything to stop tv and sponsors dealing with the BDO
Do you think he bribed county delegates to vote in the Williams'? ;-) :grin:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I don't think he has to do anything to encourage the demise of the BDO
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Paddy McGinty wrote:This is not an attempt at ladies darts......... just a token gesture to add some interest. The women are being used as pawns and should refuse the two spots until the PDC offer a real long term solution for women dart players.
They have...QS and beyond
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Jolly Man wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Zapp is saying the reason for inclusion of Women is part of a plan against the BDO so go figure.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

If I was the PDC next year I would offer the 2 World places to the top 2 ladies in the CT OOM (or Pro Tour if some make it that far). Would give the women an incentive to play the CT where they get good match experience, a chance of decent money and a good carrot at the end of the year.
Seems like a no brainer to me.
Short term the BDO could harm it by making those women illegible for BDO ranking events but an expanded CT (and maybe a dedicated Womens 'Masters' type event) would soon kill that attempt off.

And all the above could cost the PDC virtually nothing.........
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Zapp is saying the reason for inclusion of Women is part of a plan against the BDO so go figure.
This is where the BDO and fanboys go wrong, Hearn and Porter are not even thinking about the BDO, the BDO does not figure in their business plans, instead they are thinking about furthering the PDC - this is what they are employed to do. If by expansion they damage the BDO it is a consequence of the BDO not taking their organisation forward and not because of anything Porter/Hearn have done.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I dont think its necessarily a plan against the BDO, more a plan for the PDC to become the full recognized body (which happend to also be something that will kill off the BDO)
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: I don't think Hearn has to do anything to stop tv and sponsors dealing with the BDO
This is where the BDO and fanboys go wrong, Hearn and Porter are not even thinking about the BDO, the BDO does not figure in their business plans, instead they are thinking about furthering the PDC - this is what they are employed to do. If by expansion they damage the BDO it is a consequence of the BDO not taking their organisation forward and not because of anything Porter/Hearn have done.
Yeah this.

I doubt Hearne cares about the BDO much now, he has other countries coming to him to come under the PDC unbrella, he has the sponsors, he has the money, he has all the main TV channels on a monopoly, there isnt much the BDO can do do now.

Its why he doesnt have to "buy them out" or anything like that now, why give the BDO media and the chance to say now and get more attention when he can just ignore them and let them sail off.

Same reason why he wont ever give Duzza or someone a tour card, why legitimize lakeside and make it relevant again over other tournaments, its a much better business decision to say Duzza is no better than any of the other people going to Qschool and he should enter like everyone else.
kevj77
Brass Darts

Post by kevj77 »

It could just be that they are using this to test the water, see how many turn up to the qualifiers and then possible expand it from there. no point offering more places if no-one shows up and then therefore no point looking at ways to expand the ladies game. For me this is a chance for the ladies side of the game to show they are interested and who knows what BH could offer in the future, a few years ago could anyone imagine the structure the PDC have now.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

trotter wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:This is not an attempt at ladies darts......... just a token gesture to add some interest. The women are being used as pawns and should refuse the two spots until the PDC offer a real long term solution for women dart players.
It's not a stand alone competition as it is in other sports as you well know......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:
It's not a stand alone competition as it is in other sports as you well know......
not all sports though.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Would expect this to be another one off, unless the women they want to qualify manage it.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Black Velvet wrote:Would expect this to be another one off, unless the women they want to qualify manage it.
Nope, I expect there to be a ladies qualifer every year from now on
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Would expect this to be another one off, unless the women they want to qualify manage it.
nope, I expect it to be top 2 ladies in CT OOM
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
As I said just a token gesture............ a waste of time dabbling, either create a full ladies tour or don't bother, it's an insult to the women really.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
As I said just a token gesture............ a waste of time dabbling, either create a full ladies tour or don't bother, it's an insult to the women really.
Why would you create a full ladies tour when your tournaments are not segregated? Women can and do compete in the PDC on an even keel with the men. The offering of places I see as the same as having youth places.