Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: PDC 2nd attempt at Ladies darts.

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Would expect this to be another one off, unless the women they want to qualify manage it.
Nope, I expect there to be a ladies qualifer every year from now on
As I said just a token gesture............ a waste of time dabbling, either create a full ladies tour or don't bother, it's an insult to the women really.
Why would you create a full ladies tour when your tournaments are not segregated? Women can and do compete in the PDC on an even keel with the men. The offering of places I see as the same as having youth places.
Lets get one thing straight, as history has proven women can not consistently compete on the same level as men. This is the case in most sports except for maybe eventing and show jumping. Using this as a line of defence is both childish & hurtful.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Would expect this to be another one off, unless the women they want to qualify manage it.
Nope, I expect there to be a ladies qualifer every year from now on
As I said just a token gesture............ a waste of time dabbling, either create a full ladies tour or don't bother, it's an insult to the women really.
Why would you create a full ladies tour when your tournaments are not segregated? Women can and do compete in the PDC on an even keel with the men. The offering of places I see as the same as having youth places.
Lets get one thing straight, as history has proven women can not consistently compete on the same level as men. This is the case in most sports except for maybe eventing and show jumping. Using this as a line of defence is both childish & hurtful.
Yes Paddy but the past should not dictate the future.

With the introduction of the PDC Q School, Challenge and Development Tours, there are equal opportunities for both men and women, and going forward I see the day when we will see multipke world class lady players coming through to be realistic challengers for ranked events.

It may take some years, but remember only last week we saw Momo Zhou representing China in the World Cup of Darts, having earned the right to represent her country by winning the Chinese qualifying tournament.

This coupled with Fallon delivering a 94 average in winning the WDT shows that gender is no barrier if you are good enough.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Nope, I expect there to be a ladies qualifer every year from now on
Yes Paddy but the past should not dictate the future.

With the introduction of the PDC Q School, Challenge and Development Tours, there are equal opportunities for both men and women, and going forward I see the day when we will see multipke world class lady players coming through to be realistic challengers for ranked events.

It may take some years, but remember only last week we saw Momo Zhou representing China in the World Cup of Darts, having earned the right to represent her country by winning the Chinese qualifying tournament.

This coupled with Fallon delivering a 94 average in winning the WDT shows that gender is no barrier if you are good enough.
All sexes have been playing darts for umpteen decades and it is clear to anyone who has witnessed the results that women are not as good as men at throwing darts. Look through all historical statistics and this is incontrovertible to suggest anything else is being misogynistic to say the least. Obviously there will be the odd high average but top men players average highly most of the time. The women need a separate tour, I don't think they will get it because for some reason they don't generate enough interest to make it viable, shame really because i don't mind watching the women in action.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy the male chauvinist, who'd have thought :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

There is a difference between men and women's ability to play darts. Not necessarily because of the statistics, that could be explained with the women having a much smaller talent pool. However there is scientific evidence, there's no denying that. So I think the PDC offering the extra places is fair enough.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

fwiw I think we will see a ladies tour in the PDC and we will see are more of a grouping of the 3 secondary tours.
  • Pro Tour (Top 128 players, althought wouldnt surprised if that goes up in the next year)
  • Challenge tour (Everyone else, Top 2 get a tour card and spot at the worlds)
    Ladies tour (alongside challenge tour, open to all ladies that do Qschool, top 2 women get a spot in the worlds and a Tour card but like development tour they can still do the ladies tour if they are not in the top 64)
    Development tour (Under whatever it is, top 2 get a tour card and a spot at the worlds)
  • Then you have your local country tours that will offer you a spot at the worlds, maybe even a few tour card spots.
    I can see the PDC working more with these pub tournaments to offer a pub player a route to Qschool. Take part in these and the top x of each area get qschool paid for them. They are doing it now just not really advertising it.
    And then you have the JDC for the Under 16
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

BDO can’t put any restrictions on ladies entering qualifiers for this , if they did they would have to ban everybody on Dev tour , Challenge tour , Baltic tour etc , however I believe they would have to ban the 2 ladies who qualify for PDC Event from the BDO world champs , they gave Ratajski the ultimatum last year of ally pally or lakeside they can’t imo treat the ladies differently .
Be interesting when they play the qualifiers and then interesting to see who enters the events .
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: This is where the BDO and fanboys go wrong, Hearn and Porter are not even thinking about the BDO, the BDO does not figure in their business plans, instead they are thinking about furthering the PDC - this is what they are employed to do. If by expansion they damage the BDO it is a consequence of the BDO not taking their organisation forward and not because of anything Porter/Hearn have done.
Nick in "entirely correct post" shock.

:D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

WCDPA wrote:BDO can’t put any restrictions on ladies entering qualifiers for this , if they did they would have to ban everybody on Dev tour , Challenge tour , Baltic tour etc , however I believe they would have to ban the 2 ladies who qualify for PDC Event from the BDO world champs , they gave Ratajski the ultimatum last year of ally pally or lakeside they can’t imo treat the ladies differently .
Be interesting when they play the qualifiers and then interesting to see who enters the events .
You say they can't, Pauly, but that doesn't mean they won't.

I take it from your post that Deta wouldn't mind a rattle at 7.5K?

Hope she gives it a go.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:BDO can’t put any restrictions on ladies entering qualifiers for this , if they did they would have to ban everybody on Dev tour , Challenge tour , Baltic tour etc , however I believe they would have to ban the 2 ladies who qualify for PDC Event from the BDO world champs , they gave Ratajski the ultimatum last year of ally pally or lakeside they can’t imo treat the ladies differently .

Hope she gives it a go.
Have a feeling she'd rather win Lakeside, but may be wrong
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC 2nd attempt at Ladies darts.

Post by Skewball »

Addicks Fan wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Hope she gives it a go.
Lets hope the bdo let her try both.
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

The Bdo ladies world championship was only created because the PDC held a qualifier to the worlds in 2001.... so the top ladies didn’t support the qualifier.
The prize money only went up because the PDC held their own ladies worlds
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe the PDC could offer a £4,500 on the day bonus for the two ladies that win the qualifiers :D
Big Jock Knew
Neymar
Feather Flights

Post by Neymar »

Addicks Fan wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Hope she gives it a go.
Too late now, that horse has bolted, too many good players now plus she . in front of TV cameras. She is the Jimmy White of ladies darts, Paula Jacklin is Doug Mountjoy.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Bit harsh on Doug Mountjoy.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

A lot harsh.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Neymar wrote:
Too late now, that horse has bolted, too many good players now plus she . in front of TV cameras. She is the Jimmy White of ladies darts, Paula Jacklin is Peggy Mount.
Harsh on Peggy Mount.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

26scored wrote:There is a difference between men and women's ability to play darts. Not necessarily because of the statistics, that could be explained with the women having a much smaller talent pool. However there is scientific evidence, there's no denying that. So I think the PDC offering the extra places is fair enough.
So you admit to there being a difference but you think throwing them in with the men is fair?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
26scored wrote:There is a difference between men and women's ability to play darts. Not necessarily because of the statistics, that could be explained with the women having a much smaller talent pool. However there is scientific evidence, there's no denying that. So I think the PDC offering the extra places is fair enough.
So you admit to there being a difference but you think throwing them in with the men is fair?
"the women are as good as the men" we are constantly told
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
"the women are as good as the men" we are constantly told
By whom ????