New BDO Chairman

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: New BDO Chairman

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ssjsa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not in the best of health but wants the poison chalice of running the BDO?

He must be an utter idiot.
Not that I really believe it (The thing about Des being thrown under the bus for the wdt was something I said on here on Saturday)but if it is true I doubt hes taking over, he will just be a new face while Sue and Wayne carry on.

Battle lines are being drawn, the problem with all of this is they picked a new name to take over who is not well liked. If someone like TT was the name brough forward there would be a lot better support but some in the BDO would much rather see the shit show carry on than Des take over.
Have to say that it would be karma for Des Jacklins power play to be usurped. If they pull this off the Williams would go up in my estimations.

Still inept, but clever enough to get the better of Dilligaf. ;-)
The thing people seem to have forgot is even when Des was just going to be the tournament direct or whatever role was given he only managed just over half of the counties voted for him, once he threw the beloved Williams under the bus and tried to take over himself he was always going to get less of a vote.

Williams have just played a blinder in finding someone loyal to run against him. Nobody in Wales or the North West is going to vote for Des over them.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Everyone jumping in and believing London eye who has a lot of history of getting it majorly wrong.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:Everyone jumping in and believing London eye who has a lot of history of getting it majorly wrong.
I started my first sentence in this saying I dont believe a word of it.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:Everyone jumping in and believing London eye who has a lot of history of getting it majorly wrong.
In all fairness Chris, everyone has intimated "If it is true"

Personally hope it is, as based on his input on this forum, find Des Jacklin to be a highly offensive and dislikeable individual.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:

Personally hope it is, as based on his input on this forum, find Des Jacklin to be a highly offensive and dislikeable individual.
I don't like the idea of either to be honest.But the idea of a continuation, under the smokescreen, of keep it in the 'close family' is the worse of the two options.
And you are not correct the first couple of posts on the actual thread subject took it for granted it was true.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

I don't like the idea of either to be honest.But the idea of a continuation, under the smokescreen, of keep it in the 'close family' is the worse of the two options.
So would you prefer Des Jacklin in charge ?

Think the Williams are the lesser of two evils, but overall don't give a shit, just think it would be poetic justice for Des to get shafted. He thinks he is so clever, but the Williams with so little business acumen would get the better of him.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

So would you prefer Des Jacklin in charge ?

Think the Williams are the lesser of two evils, but overall don't give a shit, just think it would be poetic justice for Des to get shafted. He thinks he is so clever, but the Williams with so little business acumen would get the better of him.
They are all clueless. But it's who you know in the BDO.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Member of his family (or someone with the same surname anyway) making it very clear on originsl fanatic page that he is not up for the position
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:Member of his family (or someone with the same surname anyway) making it very clear on originsl fanatic page that he is not up for the position
Well I tried to tell you. Full of BS is the London eye/ Darts Facts/ What thef@#$ was his last login?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Well all your theories and made up stories haven’t long to last , by the end of this week his and his teams ( not me by the way ) plans will be made known to all the counties of their way forward for the BDO from Youth through to Tour players , I will even ask him once they have gone to the counties if you can have a copy on here , then you can make an informed decision on his plans , also the BDO will know what they are voting and they and not the TSOD will be the judge of his suitability for role as BDO chairman .
Would be interesting to see if the decent members on here will judge him on his plans and in a years time hopefully his achievements !
I’m also looking forward to see his plan as contrary to popular belief I’m not fully aware of it.
Personally think it’s a waste of time trying to set you right as you all obviously know everything but said I would post his intentions on here .
Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

WCDPA wrote:Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Well all your theories and made up stories haven’t long to last , by the end of this week his and his teams ( not me by the way ) plans will be made known to all the counties of their way forward for the BDO from Youth through to Tour players , I will even ask him once they have gone to the counties if you can have a copy on here , then you can make an informed decision on his plans , also the BDO will know what they are voting and they and not the TSOD will be the judge of his suitability for role as BDO chairman .
Would be interesting to see if the decent members on here will judge him on his plans and in a years time hopefully his achievements !
I’m also looking forward to see his plan as contrary to popular belief I’m not fully aware of it.
Personally think it’s a waste of time trying to set you right as you all obviously know everything but said I would post his intentions on here .
Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .
Paul, I think the issue that many people have with Mr Jacklin is his behavior in the past. Hard to support someone who has acted as he has. Him as chairman can only be a bad move imho.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: New BDO Chairman

Post by Skewball »

Ecky Thump wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Paul, I think the issue that many people have with Mr Jacklin is his behavior in the past. Hard to support someone who has acted as he has. Him as chairman can only be a bad move imho.
Indeed. His conduct in here was not befitting of a potential Chairman . He came across as a bit of a dick to be honest. But he was reacting to things written about his wife so I personally would reserve judgement as I've never met him.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

WCDPA wrote:Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .
"BDO 1973-2019 - the post mortem"?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

It's almost laughable that people in charge of a sport would waste anytime reading blogs and forums when they have far more important things to do.

Especially having run a complete failure of an event at the weekend.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

markymark wrote:It's almost laughable that people in charge of a sport would waste anytime reading blogs and forums when they have far more important things to do.

Or you could say it is laughable that people who say a organisation is dead keep posting their opinion on forums for the last 10 years while is seems to be not dying.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

markymark wrote:It's almost laughable that people in charge of a sport would waste anytime reading blogs and forums when they have far more important things to do.

I thought the Lincolnshire Open went well? That's the only event Des ran at the weekend
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Don’t you ever listen he did not have final say of WDT , no other board member there are 5 did 1 piece of promotion of the event ! You would almost say they wanted it to fail , load of crap Des made us run with the event , 5 directors 5 votes why if the rest of the board didn’t want the event , why didn’t the chair , Tournament director , rankings director and merchandising director out vote Des 4/1 ????
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

WCDPA wrote:

Don’t you ever listen he did not have final say of WDT , no other board member there are 5 did 1 piece of promotion of the event ! You would almost say they wanted it to fail , load of crap Des made us run with the event , 5 directors 5 votes why if the rest of the board didn’t want the event , why didn’t the chair , Tournament director , rankings director and merchandising director out vote Des 4/1 ????
Not worth getting worked up about Paul, really!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Addicks Fan wrote:

I thought the Lincolnshire Open went well? That's the only event Des ran at the weekend
Correct 193 entries with 260 people through the door , the Bluesclub was very happy , the business they bring the Club is probably the reason their venue sponsors the county so well , lincs players get 2 nights in good hotels every county weekend for £5 .
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Whether it's one, two or five it's largely irrelevant.
They are all equally culpable of the disaster that was the WDT. Same old failings, players names incorrectly spelled on graphics, piss poor camera work, dated commentary and a number of spectators numbering less that you could get on a rollercoaster. They are a board, not 5 individuals.