New BDO Chairman

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: New BDO Chairman

Post by WCDPA »

Addicks Fan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
markymark wrote:It's almost laughable that people in charge of a sport would waste anytime reading blogs and forums when they have far more important things to do.

Especially having run a complete failure of an event at the weekend.
Don’t you ever listen he did not have final say of WDT , no other board member there are 5 did 1 piece of promotion of the event ! You would almost say they wanted it to fail , load of crap Des made us run with the event , 5 directors 5 votes why if the rest of the board didn’t want the event , why didn’t the chair , Tournament director , rankings director and merchandising director out vote Des 4/1 ????

Not worth getting worked up about Paul, really!
Myself and Deta have had some major battles with Des and Paula before , at times couldn’t be arsed to talk to them . But the game is bigger than any personality and we had a chat in Sweden last year and all decided to start afresh .
Didn’t ever think I would see the day when TT and Des would meet and agree on some constructive ideas to go forward , even though Des’s county wants to remove the programmer levy which will be a blow to England .
The impasse between BDO and England had to stop , Des has made more progress since August than the rest of the board have in 4 years , Des has not promised England any incentives , but has said a BDO under him will stop the interference and obstruction of our events ! To be fair that’s all we have asked of the board , I believe if Des was now asked did he think there was an agenda under sue and Wayne against England Darts he would answer yes .
My lady coming to the end of her career would be nice to finish with Bdo progressing and not in the absolute shite state it is now .
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Would be nice for her to finally win Lakeside, the amount of time and effort she has put into the system over her career.
Good luck.
If it's at Lakeside I'll see you there.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

WCDPA wrote:
markymark wrote:It's almost laughable that people in charge of a sport would waste anytime reading blogs and forums when they have far more important things to do.

Especially having run a complete failure of an event at the weekend.
Don’t you ever listen he did not have final say of WDT , no other board member there are 5 did 1 piece of promotion of the event ! You would almost say they wanted it to fail , load of crap Des made us run with the event , 5 directors 5 votes why if the rest of the board didn’t want the event , why didn’t the chair , Tournament director , rankings director and merchandising director out vote Des 4/1 ????
"People" = "The Board" not just Des. We know the others read Fanatics, here and the like.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Well all your theories and made up stories haven’t long to last , by the end of this week his and his teams ( not me by the way ) plans will be made known to all the counties of their way forward for the BDO from Youth through to Tour players , I will even ask him once they have gone to the counties if you can have a copy on here , then you can make an informed decision on his plans , also the BDO will know what they are voting and they and not the TSOD will be the judge of his suitability for role as BDO chairman .
Would be interesting to see if the decent members on here will judge him on his plans and in a years time hopefully his achievements !
I’m also looking forward to see his plan as contrary to popular belief I’m not fully aware of it.
Personally think it’s a waste of time trying to set you right as you all obviously know everything but said I would post his intentions on here .
Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .
I find it hilarious how you have become his cheerleader.

I wonder if you will be so cheerful a month into his reign.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Im not a fan of the Des Paula IFM era so far - They failed with the WDT - But lets give them another chance - A clean slate - I want them to do well for the good of the game and the players - Doesnt make sense to hope they fail does it

Robson
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Well all your theories and made up stories haven’t long to last , by the end of this week his and his teams ( not me by the way ) plans will be made known to all the counties of their way forward for the BDO from Youth through to Tour players , I will even ask him once they have gone to the counties if you can have a copy on here , then you can make an informed decision on his plans , also the BDO will know what they are voting and they and not the TSOD will be the judge of his suitability for role as BDO chairman .
Would be interesting to see if the decent members on here will judge him on his plans and in a years time hopefully his achievements !
I’m also looking forward to see his plan as contrary to popular belief I’m not fully aware of it.
Personally think it’s a waste of time trying to set you right as you all obviously know everything but said I would post his intentions on here .
Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .

Des this, Des that, what a suck up WCDPA is, does this man have no shame?
Jacklin will burn BDO, will be too late to save, can even see a another split, matbe that is what WCDPA and Tommy Thompson want, grab some power, England should not be trusted.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

BlueSpark wrote:Would be nice for her to finally win Lakeside, the amount of time and effort she has put into the system over her career.
Good luck.
If it's at Lakeside I'll see you there.
She has qualified for lakeside but whether she’s there or not is not certain .
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ferrari wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Des this, Des that, what a suck up WCDPA is, does this man have no shame?
Jacklin will burn BDO, will be too late to save, can even see a another split, matbe that is what WCDPA and Tommy Thompson want, grab some power, England should not be trusted.
Brilliant post I love it :DDDD: :DDDD:
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Who knows Zapp maybe the member on here who said John Williams was standing could find out , unfortunately I can’t see into the future .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So as it stands then he will be unopposed. Will still need 34 votes though, right?

What happens if he doesnt?
Big Jock Knew
Duck2
Feather Flights

Post by Duck2 »

WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Who knows Zapp maybe the member on here who said John Williams was standing could find out , unfortunately I can’t see into the future .
Who is standing? Surely to god you cannot want Des Jacklin in charge of the BDO. If Des Jacklin gets in unopposed then the BDO is finished, dead. It's time for the member counties to grow a pair, stand up and be counted and torpedo Des Jacklin, there must be someone somewhere to stand against him. What's Martin Adams doing now his darts have collapsed, after all he was one of those to blame who started all this mess, he owes tit to the BDO to sort it out!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

How many accounts has “the knowledge” got
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Duck2 wrote:
Who is standing? Surely to god you cannot want Des Jacklin in charge of the BDO. If Des Jacklin gets in unopposed then the BDO is finished, dead. It's time for the member counties to grow a pair, stand up and be counted and torpedo Des Jacklin, there must be someone somewhere to stand against him. What's Martin Adams doing now his darts have collapsed, after all he was one of those to blame who started all this mess, he owes tit to the BDO to sort it out!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

And there’s another one

Protected by bluespark

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:So as it stands then he will be unopposed. Will still need 34 votes though, right?

One of the elected directors will take the reigns
Until another vote is held or somebody can be co opted into the board , good spot Ginge , story goes that a current board member has been saying a well respected bdo man will stand against Des , Ginge perhaps you should do a predication comp lol , I can only think of say ex lincs chairman Ian Tilley who did say a few words in support of Sue and Wayne at the EGM and is known not to be that friendly with Des , but who knows whoever it is has to be proposed and seconded and counties notified .
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:So as it stands then he will be unopposed. Will still need 34 votes though, right?

Until another vote is held or somebody can be co opted into the board , good spot Ginge , story goes that a current board member has been saying a well respected bdo man will stand against Des , Ginge perhaps you should do a predication comp lol , I can only think of say ex lincs chairman Ian Tilley who did say a few words in support of Sue and Wayne at the EGM and is known not to be that friendly with Des , but who knows whoever it is has to be proposed and seconded and counties notified .
Well that's him out then because a new approach is needed by someone who can see the failings of the previous regime.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

oche balboa wrote:And there’s another one

Protected by bluespark
I know it’s embarrassing at times ! Gets so boring on here at times reading Ginge arguing with Ginge et al , makes me use the colouring book and crayons you gave me at Christmas , well done for going to WDT sorry I missed you there .
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:

Doesn’t have to be yet the proposals will come out 4 weeks before
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Well that's him out then because a new approach is needed by someone who can see the failings of the previous regime.
Unfortunately I fear this election won’t be about progressing the game but protecting the status quo I really hope I’m wrong , be interesting to see all Des’s ideas later this week , I fear they will be too radical for the stalwart delegates to approve of , he faces a huge battle as Scotland and Wales have history of voting en bloc which a potential 24 out of 67 votes , I believe 1 or 2 Scottish counties might break ranks , so if its 22 against Des they only need 12 out of the English counties to vote against Des to not elect him , I know of One county at least who will vote against him even if he puts a proposal together that is good for BICC and tour , this is a time to put personal dislikes to one side and vote for what’s beneficial to your members .
That’s what my county will do , that’s not sucking up to Des that’s backing the person you feel has the best chance of dragging us out of the shit we are in now .
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Edited by Admin