New BDO Chairman

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: New BDO Chairman

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:So as it stands then he will be unopposed. Will still need 34 votes though, right?

What happens if he doesnt?
One of the elected directors will take the reigns
Until another vote is held or somebody can be co opted into the board , good spot Ginge , story goes that a current board member has been saying a well respected bdo man will stand against Des , Ginge perhaps you should do a predication comp lol , I can only think of say ex lincs chairman Ian Tilley who did say a few words in support of Sue and Wayne at the EGM and is known not to be that friendly with Des , but who knows whoever it is has to be proposed and seconded and counties notified .
Doesn’t have to be yet the proposals will come out 4 weeks before
Zapp you know what darts is like we will know earlier than 4 weeks before
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:So as it stands then he will be unopposed. Will still need 34 votes though, right?

Until another vote is held or somebody can be co opted into the board , good spot Ginge , story goes that a current board member has been saying a well respected bdo man will stand against Des , Ginge perhaps you should do a predication comp lol , I can only think of say ex lincs chairman Ian Tilley who did say a few words in support of Sue and Wayne at the EGM and is known not to be that friendly with Des , but who knows whoever it is has to be proposed and seconded and counties notified .
Doesn’t have to be yet the proposals will come out 4 weeks before
Zapp you know what darts is like we will know earlier than 4 weeks before
True

Unless people are keeping things secret for a reason

I don’t think the Williams are going away this easily, especially when they still have the backing by a lot of counties and the only other person up for nomination is someone that divides opinion (fwiw I’ve said I don’t personally mind if des takes over, so long as he has a plan).
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Well that's him out then because a new approach is needed by someone who can see the failings of the previous regime.
Unfortunately I fear this election won’t be about progressing the game but protecting the status quo I really hope I’m wrong , be interesting to see all Des’s ideas later this week , I fear they will be too radical for the stalwart delegates to approve of , he faces a huge battle as Scotland and Wales have history of voting en bloc which a potential 24 out of 67 votes , I believe 1 or 2 Scottish counties might break ranks , so if its 22 against Des they only need 12 out of the English counties to vote against Des to not elect him , I know of One county at least who will vote against him even if he puts a proposal together that is good for BICC and tour , this is a time to put personal dislikes to one side and vote for what’s beneficial to your members .
That’s what my county will do , that’s not sucking up to Des that’s backing the person you feel has the best chance of dragging us out of the shit we are in now .
But this is the problem Paul

The bdo has problems if the only person that can put a rescue plan that is only going to be backed by half even without looking at it

If I was you I’d seriously be looking at doing a joint bid from the edo wales and Scotland with the idea of 1 representative from each
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Well that's him out then because a new approach is needed by someone who can see the failings of the previous regime.
Unfortunately I fear this election won’t be about progressing the game but protecting the status quo I really hope I’m wrong , be interesting to see all Des’s ideas later this week , I fear they will be too radical for the stalwart delegates to approve of , he faces a huge battle as Scotland and Wales have history of voting en bloc which a potential 24 out of 67 votes , I believe 1 or 2 Scottish counties might break ranks , so if its 22 against Des they only need 12 out of the English counties to vote against Des to not elect him , I know of One county at least who will vote against him even if he puts a proposal together that is good for BICC and tour , this is a time to put personal dislikes to one side and vote for what’s beneficial to your members .
That’s what my county will do , that’s not sucking up to Des that’s backing the person you feel has the best chance of dragging us out of the shit we are in now .
When has that ever happened? and in all likelihood it won't happen now either. Too many people, good people granted but people who have been in the job too long and are stuck in their ways and stuck with their perceived loyalties to vote for any change. It will as you fear be status quo, someone will stand and make the case for a period of stability under an 'old' head and that's what they will do, in so doing they will be continuing with the commercial suicide of the last ten years.
Des actually has nothing to lose so I hope he goes in the all guns blazing with a radical plan to shake the BDO to it's core becuase that is what is needed. Instead of pissing £80k against the wall on tournaments that no-one watch the priority would be to get a commercial manager and a promotion manager in, yes that would cost £80k as well but if they choose wisely these people will make their money back and more promoting the BDO and taking over negotiations with potential sponsors and broadcasters. We have been saying this for years but they will never listen and will be consigned to history as the Woolworths of the darts world, once all conquering but soon to be defunkt.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

With all this pulling and pushing going on has anyone in the BDO engaged with C4 or any other mainstream tv channel to show Lakeside?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

C4 deal should have been signed by now surely
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Lets hope Ch4 were not watching the WDT. They will be very wary of paying for an event that might struggle to bums on seats. Again it proves that without Lakeside the BDO WOrlds would be a shell of an event on a small channel with poor looking crowds. Bob holds all the cards but ultimately wants the event there so I think Lakseside is safe while he still active (i.e.e Alive)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Skewball wrote:Lets hope Ch4 were not watching the WDT. They will be very wary of paying for an event that might struggle to bums on seats. Again it proves that without Lakeside the BDO WOrlds would be a shell of an event on a small channel with poor looking crowds. Bob holds all the cards but ultimately wants the event there so I think Lakseside is safe while he still active (i.e.e Alive)
Why would that be an issue? C4 will look at their ratings more and realise they are good and will renew

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Skewball wrote:Lets hope Ch4 were not watching the WDT. They will be very wary of paying for an event that might struggle to bums on seats. Again it proves that without Lakeside the BDO WOrlds would be a shell of an event on a small channel with poor looking crowds. Bob holds all the cards but ultimately wants the event there so I think Lakseside is safe while he still active (i.e.e Alive)
Why would that be an issue? C4 will look at their ratings more and realise they are good and will renew
Are they?

A repeat of Ice Age II got more viewers in the Sunday 6pm slot the Sunday of the final in 2016 than the darts did, will all come down to if the cost is worth it for the expected advertising revenue. Putting on a 9 day OB isnt cheap.

I would also wager they are awaiting the rugby schedule as they are showing that now as well.
Last edited by Ginge on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:With all this pulling and pushing going on has anyone in the BDO engaged with C4 or any other mainstream tv channel to show Lakeside?
The minute C4 didnt renew during lakeside says enough.

There is no way they are negotiating for a niche TV show in January in the middle of June, they have either completely walked away or wont be even considering it until October November time.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:With all this pulling and pushing going on has anyone in the BDO engaged with C4 or any other mainstream tv channel to show Lakeside?
The minute C4 didnt renew during lakeside says enough.

There is no way they are negotiating for a niche TV show in January in the middle of June, they have either completely walked away or wont be even considering it until October November time.
The last deal was announced mid-August. Plenty of time yet.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa wrote:
You are joking, it is not that simple. Did the rating match their expectations? Did the advertising Revenue? Does it fit in with their current programming stratgey? Did they think the BDO was bigger 3 years ago when they first signed? Do they want to try for a piece of the PDC pie? Have they had it confirmed it is at Lakeside for the next two/Three years? DO they want to pay alot less money for it? Are BTSPort still happy to share it and contribute??????
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

and I do think think they will renew actually.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Are they?

A repeat of Ice Age II got more viewers in the Sunday 6pm slot the Sunday of the final in 2016 than the darts did, will all come down to if the cost is worth it for the expected advertising revenue. Putting on a 9 day OB isnt cheap.

I would also wager they are awaiting the rugby schedule as they are showing that now as well.

Films are the biggest C4 audience pro rata. 1 million people watching the final is good. The BDO is deruded as "Amateur" how many have audiences of 1 million for their flagship final?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"deruded'
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

A cross between deluded and derided which sort of sums up the BDO.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

"I know this, my source told me this"
What a wally.
You know nothing.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I think Ninge would make a great BDO chairman, he knows all the pitfalls to avoid.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 pm Seemingly Gaynor Williams Johns wife has stated he is not standing , I have just had a phone call with Des Jacklin about several things including the PDC world champs , he has read this and other threads on TSOD and has laughed at some of the inaccuracies and tosh posted on here .
Well all your theories and made up stories haven’t long to last , by the end of this week his and his teams ( not me by the way ) plans will be made known to all the counties of their way forward for the BDO from Youth through to Tour players , I will even ask him once they have gone to the counties if you can have a copy on here , then you can make an informed decision on his plans , also the BDO will know what they are voting and they and not the TSOD will be the judge of his suitability for role as BDO chairman .

Would be interesting to see if the decent members on here will judge him on his plans and in a years time hopefully his achievements !
I’m also looking forward to see his plan as contrary to popular belief I’m not fully aware of it.
Personally think it’s a waste of time trying to set you right as you all obviously know everything but said I would post his intentions on here .
Ginge, Zapp, SSja etc etc why not start a thread on here 1 year from today if he gets in and then judge his suitability for the job .
sometimes its a real shame that Paul doesn't post on here any more. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :IIII:

TSOD was right.
It was always going to be right as the people on here can actually think for themselves
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Of course TSOD was right ffs. Like it always is.