Should the BDO scrap all TV events and concentrate on all the large opens instead?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

Should the BDO scrap all TV events and concentrate on all the large opens instead?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 41

nikkiboy
International

Re: Should the BDO scrap all TV events and concentrate on all the large opens instead?

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:No way, it would be a travesty if Real darts was no longer available on TV in some form.
What we would all do on forum Wednesday another sporting tradition would be lost .
Yes this type of event would be gone for good....the experiences, acquaintances and friends met would be thing of the past. The majority of keyboard warriors on here wouldn't understand.... they'd still be OK mind you........ bashing one off in their bedrooms.

Imagine going to PDC PL and trying to make friends......the thugs would more than likely throw a glass of piss over you.
Whereas Potter sticks it in a jug and calls it lager :CCDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
el_ringo
County Player

Re: Should the BDO scrap all TV events and concentrate on all the large opens instead?

Post by el_ringo »

WCDPA wrote:
What we would all do on forum Wednesday another sporting tradition would be lost .

Just go along to one of the extra Afternoon sessions at Ally Pally instead should be safe from Scotty 'The Dog' Mitchell there as well
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:No way, it would be a travesty if Real darts was no longer available on TV in some form.
Yes this type of event would be gone for good....the experiences, acquaintances and friends met would be thing of the past. The majority of keyboard warriors on here wouldn't understand.... they'd still be OK mind you........ bashing one off in their bedrooms.

Imagine going to PDC PL and trying to make friends......the thugs would more than likely throw a glass of piss over you.
Whereas Potter sticks it in a glass and calls it lager :CCDD:
Did you not enjoy yourself at the last Lakeside?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Just go along to one of the extra Afternoon sessions at Ally Pally instead should be safe from Scotty 'The Dog' Mitchell there as well
Ringo.....do you still play darts?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy reverting to his usual deflection questions, there.
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Ringo.....do you still play darts?
No as I am technically still banned by the BDO for playing a WDC member at an exhibition some 20 odd years ago
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

el_ringo wrote:
No as I am technically still banned by the BDO for playing a WDC member at an exhibition some 20 odd years ago
and you hold a grudge ever since....
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Thats a cracking whoosh.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

oche balboa wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
and you hold a grudge ever since....

superwhoosh :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Paddy reverting to his usual deflection questions, there.
Not at all ginge....just being friendly......you should try it some time.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

They should just stick to world masters and world pro it clearly can’t msnged to run 3 tv events maybe hope for prize fund boost form zuidern masters and just run all big open
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

I would like them to show - Lakeside Masters World Trophy Pairs Tournament and a cheeky International Tournament thrown in for good measure - Its just a question of the board becoming better businessmen -

Robson
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

"I have it on good authority that AMAZON are buying tv rights for sports and are looking to acquire new and exciting content.
COME ON BDO TIME TO GET IN THERE NOW."

According to this thread on real fanatics the answer to the op is clearly no!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The BDO need to start pitching to potential platforms like just off the top of me head How about an internet TV channel Called BDO TV. Where you can sub yearly or dip in on big tournaments for a one off fee new one day tournaments or lakeside 10 day pass. Here's another one you can have for Free BDO on line tournaments BIG new website where you can play others for a small pot of money o how could this be possible I hear you cry well you pay a fee by pay pal you have a live cam feed from your home with a paid ref in attendance who can see both sides and away you go ADD hock games tournaments and big prize Games. imagination and the balls to have a go is all it takes...

Lots of ideas coming on fanatics. Not sure about this one though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Amazon, bloody hell :D
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:Amazon, bloody hell :D
I have it on good authority! of course, it was on the news re amazon! Again I am not always certain if folks are genuine in fanatic land re their ideas or clever spoofs.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:Amazon, bloody hell :D
I have it on good authority! of course, it was on the news re amazon! Again I am not always certain if folks are genuine in fanatic land re their ideas or clever spoofs.
Stranger things have happened, have you seen some of the shite that gets made by Amazon and Netfix?
Definately worth a phone call/fax/carrier pigeon
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ah, back when some people thought Disney was going to invest in the BDO product, those were the days.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zeyes wrote:Ah, back when some people thought Disney was going to invest in the BDO product, those were the days.
"ESPN [Disney] will blow Sky out of the water" was the quote, or something like that.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

If Amazon picked up BDO darts

The same people would complain about not been able to watch it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021