Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO
Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .
Was Ratajski banned by the BDO or forced not to go by the PDC contract?
The latter

He was not banned from the bdo event but as soon as he signed the pdc contract he couldn’t play in another world championship and declined his spot

I imagine the same will happen with the pdc, no way Barry will let either of the women go to the bdo world but you can guarantee they will get free entry to qschool for coming

Wonder if the offer of free qschool entry to any of say the last 16 women in each qualifier would tempt a few more to go
trotter
International

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by trotter »

As well as a guaranteed £7500 the 2 ladies will get so much publicity on TV, radio, newspapers and websites it would be a no brainer to enter ....they'd get tons more publicity than even winning the Lakeside ....so if they are banned then tough...it would be the BDO who would look bad.....plus with the right draw against the right international qualifier it's not impossible to win a game..then 15 grand and more publicity....no brainer for me....let the BDO look small if need be..it will be the BDO that get the media criticism
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO
Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .
The latter

He was not banned from the bdo event but as soon as he signed the pdc contract he couldn’t play in another world championship and declined his spot

I imagine the same will happen with the pdc, no way Barry will let either of the women go to the bdo world but you can guarantee they will get free entry to qschool for coming

Wonder if the offer of free qschool entry to any of say the last 16 women in each qualifier would tempt a few more to go
All being status quo with the BDO only those that would then be banned by the BDO contract (go to a-school and your banned from BDO if you were at Lakeside) only those that could do an O’shea Would think about going.

At the end of the day there isn’t really a single lady who is consistently good enough to come through a q-school field on a single day. Yes they can perform like Fallon did last weekend but can’t see any of them winning 5-7 matches in a single day.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

trotter wrote:As well as a guaranteed £7500 the 2 ladies will get so much publicity on TV, radio, newspapers and websites it would be a no brainer to enter ....they'd get tons more publicity than even winning the Lakeside ....so if they are banned then tough...it would be the BDO who would look bad.....plus with the right draw against the right international qualifier it's not impossible to win a game..then 15 grand and more publicity....no brainer for me....let the BDO look small if need be..it will be the BDO that get the media criticism

Great post!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The latter

All being status quo with the BDO only those that would then be banned by the BDO contract (go to a-school and your banned from BDO if you were at Lakeside) only those that could do an O’shea Would think about going.

At the end of the day there isn’t really a single lady who is consistently good enough to come through a q-school field on a single day. Yes they can perform like Fallon did last weekend but can’t see any of them winning 5-7 matches in a single day.
Even better scenario for the ladies 7.5k free QSwhich means they can play CT and as not at lakeside can play bdo tour Events
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

WCDPA wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The latter

Even better scenario for the ladies 7.5k free QSwhich means they can play CT and as not at lakeside can play bdo tour Events

What are Deta’s thoughts Paul?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote:As well as a guaranteed £7500 the 2 ladies will get so much publicity on TV, radio, newspapers and websites it would be a no brainer to enter ....they'd get tons more publicity than even winning the Lakeside ....so if they are banned then tough...it would be the BDO who would look bad.....plus with the right draw against the right international qualifier it's not impossible to win a game..then 15 grand and more publicity....no brainer for me....let the BDO look small if need be..it will be the BDO that get the media criticism
All fair enough but I think Hearn has confirmed that the 32 Pro Tour qualifiers will be playing the International/PDPA qualifier/2 women players.
Big Jock Knew
dartistik
Brass Darts

Post by dartistik »

Ginge wrote:
All fair enough but I think Hearn has confirmed that the 32 Pro Tour qualifiers will be playing the International/PDPA qualifier/2 women players.
Yup.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If you are going down to the 64th best player in the PDC that year, I see no reason why Ashton could sneak a win against them, the problem is not many
other women have ever played a best of 5 set match on TV.

I count a grand total of six, of which only two have ever won one (Ashton 4 times in all the 5 set matches she has ever played, and Gulliver the once) and only one average over 85 in all the 5 set matches concerned.
Last edited by Ginge on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

dartistik wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Yup.

Even so, people like Wayne Jones, Woodhouse or Dolan who are currently in the position to be pro tour qualifiers could easily lose out to a female qualifier.
Chizzyesque
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Can't see Lisa Ashton playing in the PDC event if BDO put restrictions
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

WCDPA wrote:
markymark wrote:If a spanner is thrown in, who looks like the bad guys?
My gut feeling is no action for entering qualifiers because they allow the men to play PDC Events that carry an Ally Pally place , but think they will ban the 2 who qualify from bdo ladies world champs , and after last years decision to ban Ratajski couldn’t complain about that .
I think this would be the right solution, fair enough
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Would playing in the PDC 2019 event potentially wipe out the 3/4 months of points any women had earned towards Lakeside 2020? That would need clarifying as well.
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Its a tricky one for the BDO as what happens if one of the two qualifiers turned out to be Paula Jacklin.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Chizzyfan wrote:
dartistik wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Yup.

Even so, people like Wayne Jones, Woodhouse or Dolan who are currently in the position to be pro tour qualifiers could easily lose out to a female qualifier.
In fact it can be harder to play a woman or a youth player, more pressure.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I would laugh & laugh

Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

oche balboa wrote:I would laugh & laugh
You would laugh and laugh at the PDC getting handed a major marketing coup? Hearn and Porter would love getting to integrate the top female players into the PDC system without having to set up a full separate women's tour, and a win by one of the two World Championship participants would only make that more likely.

That aside, at least the BDO's male players can now rest easy - probably no public calls for Lisa Ashton to be given one of "their" GSOD spots this year.
Last edited by Zeyes on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:If you are going down to the 64th best player in the PDC that year, I see no reason why Ashton could sneak a win against them, the problem is not many

I count a grand total of six, of which only two have ever won one (Ashton 4 times in all the 5 set matches she has ever played, and Gulliver the once) and only one average over 85 in all the 5 set matches concerned.
85 - 90 could easily win a 1st round for them.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zeyes wrote:
oche balboa wrote:I would laugh & laugh
You would laugh and laugh at the PDC getting handed a major marketing coup? Hearn and Porter would love getting to integrate the top female players into the PDC system without having to set up a full separate women's tour, and a win by one of the two World Championship participants would only make that more likely.

That aside, at least the BDO's male players can now rest easy - probably no public calls for Lisa Ashton to be given one of "their" GSOD spots this year.

No if Jacklin qualified..... good lord lay off the drink

oche balboa
International

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by oche balboa »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:If you are going down to the 64th best player in the PDC that year, I see no reason why Ashton could sneak a win against them, the problem is not many

85 - 90 could easily win a 1st round for them.
But but, someone on twitter said Durrants 97 ave in the WT Final would not win a 1st round match